Thread: Rebels...lets talk about em

vCash

Rebels...lets talk about em

Apparently the homecoming king at Ole Miss has been officially known as "Colonel Reb". (In other news, Ole Miss students vote for a homecoming king every year). Yeah, every year they have an election for a position called Colonel Reb.

Anyway just now, about 50 years FIFTY after the civil rights revolution, they eliminated the position of Colonel Reb.

http://storify.com/HoustonBrock/colo...-from-ole-miss

They still vote for homecoming kings. Buts heretofore he won't be known as Colonel Reb. Eric Dotson would be so proud.

vCash
    So "Col. Reb" is a racist slur but "Ole Miss" and "Rebels" are not?

vCash
    "Ole Miss" is probably racist, "rebels" is certainly not.

vCash
    Any dude who takes the time to vote for another dude in an election like that probably has a limp wrist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dawg View Post
    Any dude who takes the time to vote for another dude in an election like that probably has a limp wrist.

No doubt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    Apparently the homecoming king at Ole Miss has been officially known as "Colonel Reb". (In other news, Ole Miss students vote for a homecoming king every year). Yeah, every year they have an election for a position called Colonel Reb.

Anyway just now, about 50 years FIFTY after the civil rights revolution, they eliminated the position of Colonel Reb.

They still vote for homecoming kings. Buts heretofore he won't be known as Colonel Reb. Eric Dotson would be so proud.

They have just been protecting Southern history- because if you say it's Southern history- it's not racism

vCash
    No, let's NOT talk about them. I don't give a shit if they still hang blacks and segregate classes, **** 'em all.

If you're a bear, I don't give a damn if your a racist bear or a liberal pinko democrat bear, you suck ass and i dont want anything to do with you/them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeDawg View Post
    No, let's NOT talk about them. I don't give a shit if they still hang blacks and segregate classes, **** 'em all.

If you're a bear, I don't give a damn if your a racist bear or a liberal pinko democrat bear, you suck ass and i dont want anything to do with you/them.
    in thread question:

ComradeDawg is which Bear alter?

vCash
    What?

vCash
    I think C34 was just joking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    I think C34 was just joking.

Good, cause I have always liked him, but those are fighting words.

vCash
    In other news, the Ole Miss Rebels refer to their homecoming queen as "Miss Ole Miss". I suppose "Homecoming Queen" would have been too inexclusive. At least "Miss Ole Miss" is better than them trying to hijack "Miss Mississippi".

Personally, I think they should have stuck with the old south traditional name for the lady of the plantation, and the origin of their own namesake - "Ole Miss". But a "Vote for Ole Miss" campaign to encourage homecoming participation may have sounded too funny.