Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF?

vCash

WTF, Really Hugh?

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 13s13 seconds ago
    Hugh Freeze said Miss St DL Chris Jones is the recruit that got away. They still talk on the phone about life.

This has to be one of the most unprofessional things I've ever heard an SEC football coach say. Really Hugh?

I wonder if Mullen talks to CJ Johnson and tells him how he blew millions of NFL dollars by going to OM to become a DE?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-20-2015 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    This is asinine if true

vCash
    Is there not some sort of tampering rule like NFL/NBA???

vCash
    Freezus wants the world to think that he is a maker of men. He can't get over his self-righteous little world long enough to understand God didn't make him his only Christian coach on this earth. I love the fact that he keeps showing how hypocritical he is in his faith and what a total moron he will be made out to be when it's all over and done. Jesus is not Hugh Freeze contrary to what that man will tell you and lead others to believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    This is asinine if true
    One thing to keep in mind is that Joe Schad has an IQ of 12, so there is a chance that he didn't correctly tweet this.

Schad is easily one of the worst on-air employees at ESPN. I'm not sure what he does to help them

Banned
    vCash
    That doesn't exactly sit well with me on either side… Surely there are people around our program that Jones can talk about "life" with. On the flip side, why would a head coach not be fully invested in the 75+ kids, staff members, coaches in his own program. Very weird situation.

vCash
    Someone should ask Greg Sankey what he thinks about this.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Of course UM fans are worshiping him for it... Calling him a great guy, great christian, etc.

IMO, this really isn't a big deal, and I think this is probably more common than people realize. When he says he "talks life" with Chris Jones on the phone, Freeze probably means they talk a couple of times a year. It doesn't make Freeze a bad guy- but it doesn't make him some morally superior, great guy either.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    Of course UM fans are worshiping him for it... Calling him a great guy, great christian, etc.

IMO, this really isn't a big deal, and I think this is probably more common than people realize. When he says he "talks life" with Chris Jones on the phone, Freeze probably means they talk a couple of times a year. It doesn't make Freeze a bad guy- but it doesn't make him some morally superior, great guy either.
    I just find it extremely hard to believe/inappropriate that a head coach that has over 75 kids under his watch, with all of the commitments they have to run their OWN program, should be making time to "talk about life" with players from other schools, ESPECIALLY in-state rivals.

vCash
    Ring ring...
    CJ - "Who's this?"
    CHF - "Its Hugh"
    CJ - "Who?"
    CHF - "Coach Hugh Freeze, from Ole Miss."
    CJ - <crickets>
    CHF - "Chris, I just want check on your soul, and see if you'd come tell your story at the Cornestone Free Will Baptist Church this weekend. We will have snakes, and strychnine, and some rail running."
    CJ - "How do keep getting my number?"
    CHF - "Acey Rob got it from some girl he knows"
    CJ - "That's it, I'm done with Twitter."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post

Not disagreeing with you, but to say this to ESPN speaks of the level of arrogance this guy has. He truly believes he is God's gift to the coaching profession, & with this comes a feeling of divine right that everything he does is OK

He doesn't see this as tampering with another team's player, he sees it as him "helping" another human being.

He doesn't see buying off recruits as cheating, he sees it as a manner in which to have a greater impact for on the world by helping young men and their families.

He honestly, doesn't see this for what it is, because he has convinced himself that he can do no wrong and that God is directing him.

It's very cult like.

vCash
    Wonder if Leo still talks to Bucky? Bucko sure was blowing him up after he took his Ali You visit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 13s13 seconds ago
    Hugh Freeze said Miss St DL Chris Jones is the recruit that he couldn't pay enough for. They still talk on the phone about life.
    FIFY

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    This is asinine if true
    Agreed. Hopefully its bullshit. Its a distraction at best and a major conflict of interest at worst. Considering Mullen and our defensive staff have already dealt with him taking plays off, I don't see this helping his PT.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Agreed. Hopefully its bullshit. Its a distraction at best and a major conflict of interest at worst. Considering Mullen and our defensive staff have already dealt with him taking plays off, I don't see this helping his PT.
    If true, what the hell is Chris Jones thinking?

vCash
    Ole Hugh.....always working for the flip.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    If true, what the hell is Chris Jones thinking?
    This as well.

It's time for Chris to step up. Not sure he's ever bought all the way in

vCash
    If true, not good. If Jones were talking to a coach at ucla or oregon, o.k. But, talking to your instate rival should be a no go at least until you are out of school.