Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kylin Hill

vCash
    wut
    Last edited by BeastMan; 07-20-2015 at 09:58 AM.

vCash
    Why are y'all freaking out about Cam Akers?!??! When was the last time we didn't get a guy we wanted from Clinton???!?! Freaking out about a 2017 croot?!?! ***********

In all seriousness tho, I like where we sit with both of them currently. Will be interesting to see if they choose to go different places since I'm pretty sure both will be 5 Star RB's in that class. Don't often see two stud RB's from the same class go to the same school

vCash
    Anyone know what type of offenses that Clinton and Columbus run? Do either run the ball out of the shotgun?

vCash
    Just called us and OM even after they offered him at their camp Saturday. We need to go ahead and offer a couple of his borderline D1 teammates so we can improve our chances of actually being decent at the RB position in the future and so we can recruit like OM****

He and Akers are both coming to MSU until further notice IMO. I think Akers is playing the game right now, but the choice will be obvious in the end. Dear, Shumpert, etc -- all considered far from locks for MSU early in their recruitments.
    Last edited by engie; 07-20-2015 at 10:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    This is a Columbus kid who probably grew up a State fan...
    Based on my experience, if he's from Columbus, he's probably an Alabama fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godlluB View Post
    Based on my experience, if he's from Columbus, he's probably an Alabama fan.
    Columbus is pretty close to a 50/50 split

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Kylin will be at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Kylin will be at MSU.
    Aren't they both projected as RB's? Both 4-5 star guys? You think they would both sign with the same school?

Woukd be nice. I thought I saw where Akers may also potentially get a shot at LB at the next level. Seems that would improve the chances of them going to the same school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Aren't they both projected as RB's? Both 4-5 star guys? You think they would both sign with the same school?
    No clue where their heads are at, but I'm not sure this is as much of an issue anymore. RB has mostly become a committee position at major colleges and the pros. You can get as much or more publicity as part of a blue-chip, 1-2 punch as you will being the clear leader at your position at your school. And you also get the advantage of going against defenders that are worn out by having to stop two elite running backs. And for those with pro aspirations, they get to limit the wear and tear on your body while still getting basically the same opportunity to show out.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

Woukd be nice. I thought I saw where Akers may also potentially get a shot at LB at the next level. Seems that would improve the chances of them going to the same school.
    Yes they both are projected as RB but Akers is an all around athlete similar to Malik Dear. It's a long way until Feb 2017 but I don't think we lead now. I have very little doubt on Kylin but Cam is going to be a tough battle. I've gone on record as saying Kylin will be the best player in MS after his Sr season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    No clue where their heads are at, but I'm not sure this is as much of an issue anymore. RB has mostly become a committee position at major colleges and the pros. You can get as much or more publicity as part of a blue-chip, 1-2 punch as you will being the clear leader at your position at your school. And you also get the advantage of going against defenders that are worn out by having to stop two elite running backs. And for those with pro aspirations, they get to limit the wear and tear on your body while still getting basically the same opportunity to show out.
    Good points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Kylin will be at MSU. Akers is going to be a huge battle to keep him instate.
    kylin gonna be a dog. I next door to his uncle, everything in Columbus Ms HAILSTATE

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    CHS is predominantly MSU with Alabama #2 and UM a fairly distant #3.

Banned
    vCash
    If Yeldon/Henry, Ingram/Richardson, Brown/Williams, Gurley/Chubb, McFadden/Jones/Hillis, etc. can play together, then just about anybody can.

vCash
    I would put Kylin at about 95%.. We would really have to screw it up to not get him.. Cam likes us and we may be able to pull him but it's hard to talk two five star guys into coming in the same class.. I predict Kylin commits early and we fight the good fight with cam and he goes out of state late.. I hope I am wrong

vCash
    Pardon my ignorance but I thought Akers was a huge LSU fan. No?

vCash
    Talk to me about Kylin Hill's stats. I realize it was only his sophomore season, but I saw that he only had like 300 yards or so compared to Akers close to 900

Does Columbus have kids ahead of him? Was he hurt?

This isn't meant to bash Hill or freak out about a 2017 recruit, just curious.

vCash
    double post
    Last edited by jumbo; 07-20-2015 at 03:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    Talk to me about Kylin Hill's stats. I realize it was only his sophomore season, but I saw that he only had like 300 yards or so compared to Akers almost 3 times as many.

Does Columbus have kids ahead of him? Was he hurt?

This isn't meant to bash Hill or freak out about a 2017 recruit, just curious.
    Just found this in an 247 article: Hill is coming off a solid sophomore season where he rushed for nearly 900

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think there is a chance, but it's way early in the process. Akers and Hill would be badass. Cam is more like an ATH to me that you can line up in the slot and use at RB while Hill is a great all around RB. Together, they would be scary.
    I don't think we would limit Hill to just RB. I think by the time Hill gets in school his stature and skill set will be similar, yet more refined, to that of Malik Dear. He is only going into his Junior year of high school and is already probably over 210 pounds. I know he is listed as a RB but from the little bit of BDC that I saw, he looked like possibly the best receiver on the field. Even if he is used exclusively as a RB, we know that Mullen likes to split the RB out wide to open up the line of scrimmage for QB runs, in this case Hill could be a match up nightmare and extremely dangerous.