Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kylin Hill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    No clue where their heads are at, but I'm not sure this is as much of an issue anymore. RB has mostly become a committee position at major colleges and the pros. You can get as much or more publicity as part of a blue-chip, 1-2 punch as you will being the clear leader at your position at your school. And you also get the advantage of going against defenders that are worn out by having to stop two elite running backs. And for those with pro aspirations, they get to limit the wear and tear on your body while still getting basically the same opportunity to show out.
    Agreed. In many ways, as an elite RB recruit it could be seen as a positive to sign with a school that has another elite RB in the same class. If both were as advertised, they would get plenty of opportunities to show out in college and with the shelf life of NFL RB's decreasing every year, NFL scouts would see the split carries as a positive because they are twice as fresh as the would've been if they had been an every down back.

vCash
    I haven't seen Akers play as much as Hill.. I can attest that Hill is built how you would build and every down back.. By the time he gets to a college field he will be 225-230 with plenty of quicks and top end speed... He also has very soft hands.. I have seen Akers in person and they have very similar builds just haven't seen him play so I don't know how his game compares

vCash
    From what I've seen Hill is the must have between the two. But they're still young.

vCash
    We've brought in two elite RBs before. Not sure what the star rankings were, but Jackie signed both Norwood and Turner. Turner didn't make out so well, but it was going to be a fine combination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcentral View Post
    We've brought in two elite RBs before. Not sure what the star rankings were, but Jackie signed both Norwood and Turner. Turner didn't make out so well, but it was going to be a fine combination.
    I might be making this up but I thought Turner was recruited as a DB but when he got to school we couldn't keep the ball out of his hands. Either way they were both big recruits but not at the level of Hill and Akers, they will both be top 10 RB's nationally and around top 50ish overall. If the dominos fall our way, 2017 could be our best recruiting class ever. There is probably 10-12 legitimate 4/5 star recruits in Mississippi for the class of 2017. if Mullen can get his usual 70ish% of the top in state prospects and add a few 4 star type prospects from Louisiana/Alabama to go along with our usual group of JUCO's, solid 3-stars, and sleepers, we could easily have a top 15 class on paper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDawg92 View Post
    I don't think we would limit Hill to just RB. I think by the time Hill gets in school his stature and skill set will be similar, yet more refined, to that of Malik Dear. He is only going into his Junior year of high school and is already probably over 210 pounds. I know he is listed as a RB but from the little bit of BDC that I saw, he looked like possibly the best receiver on the field. Even if he is used exclusively as a RB, we know that Mullen likes to split the RB out wide to open up the line of scrimmage for QB runs, in this case Hill could be a match up nightmare and extremely dangerous.
    ala Harvin
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    I might be making this up but I thought Turner was recruited as a DB but when he got to school we couldn't keep the ball out of his hands. Either way they were both big recruits but not at the level of Hill and Akers, they will both be top 10 RB's nationally and around top 50ish overall. If the dominos fall our way, 2017 could be our best recruiting class ever. There is probably 10-12 legitimate 4/5 star recruits in Mississippi for the class of 2017. if Mullen can get his usual 70ish% of the top in state prospects and add a few 4 star type prospects from Louisiana/Alabama to go along with our usual group of JUCO's, solid 3-stars, and sleepers, we could easily have a top 15 class on paper.
    Norwood was a 5* and rivals had him as a top 3 RB.

vCash
    I just saw where Akers got invited to the Army AA Game.

vCash
    2017 definitely has a chance to be Dan's best in terms of recruiting web site opinion.

vCash
    Cam will sign with State. He'll enjoy the process but we will win out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Quick, explosive, and a fighter.

Question for a coach or former player...I noticed that Kylin carried the ball only in his right hand. He often switched the ball from left to right after taking the handoff. How big of an issue is that? Is that an easy fix once he gets to college, or is that something he needs to work on during his last 2 years of high school?
    It's not a big deal. Personally, I think switching the ball is overrated. As long as you don't fumble, it's not a big deal. Emmitt Smith carried the ball exclusively in his right hand, for example. Just do whatever works and the kid is comfortable doing.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Hill is the best MS HS RB prospect since Dontae Walker
    We all know how that worked out for us last time....
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22