Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kylin Hill

vCash

Kylin Hill

Sorry, I just got a recruiting boner over Kylin Hill.

I've saw some of his Big Dawg highlights & then went and watched his Hudl video from last season, I couldn't help but post about it.

This kid looks special. He appears to be some kind of combination of LeSean McCoy & Nick Chubb. We've had really good running backs over Mullen's tenure, but we haven't had one with a burst like this kid.

Somehow, I just wish we could get him 2016 eligible instead of having to wait till 2017 to sign him.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4023565/...s/170740377/v2

https://twitter.com/bartonsimmons/st...09524959543296

https://instagram.com/p/5QpcggH9mG/
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-19-2015 at 10:03 PM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Kylin will be the best player in MS by the end of his Sr season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Kylin will be the best player in MS by the end of his Sr season.
    Is he not already?

vCash
    Quick, explosive, and a fighter.

Question for a coach or former player...I noticed that Kylin carried the ball only in his right hand. He often switched the ball from left to right after taking the handoff. How big of an issue is that? Is that an easy fix once he gets to college, or is that something he needs to work on during his last 2 years of high school?

vCash
    Another kid that should be rated very high in 2017 is Ronnie Ladd. He's yet another guy Dan Mullen has been on before anyone else, and on film, he looks like another Benardrick McKinney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Is he not already?
    Cam Akers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Quick, explosive, and a fighter.

Question for a coach or former player...I noticed that Kylin carried the ball only in his right hand. He often switched the ball from left to right after taking the handoff. How big of an issue is that? Is that an easy fix once he gets to college, or is that something he needs to work on during his last 2 years of high school?
    That's something that can be taught.

vCash
    OM offered him and he said they put them equal to State. Idk how much truth that has to it.

vCash
    What's our chances with Hill and Akers? Any chance either of them ends up as a 5 star?

vCash
    Hill is the best MS HS RB prospect since Dontae Walker
    Last edited by BeastMan; 07-19-2015 at 11:27 PM.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    OM offered him and he said they put them equal to State. Idk how much truth that has to it.
    This is a Columbus kid who probably grew up a State fan and has had us as his leader since he first started getting recruiting letters... I ain't worried.

ETA: And I love this quote from that story...

Sure, there must be an excitement factor for Hill on the heels of the offer from the Rebels on Saturday, but from the sound of things, Ole Miss plans to battle for the 5-11, 208-pound running back from Columbus (Miss.) High School.

LOL, sure. UM sounds like they're going to try and battle for Hill- until it becomes apparently obvious that he's coming to State- at which point they will mysteriously pull the offer and say they "never wanted him in the first place."
    Last edited by messageboardsuperhero; 07-19-2015 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    Kylin will be at MSU. Akers is going to be a huge battle to keep him instate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    What's our chances with Hill and Akers? Any chance either of them ends up as a 5 star?
    I think there is a chance, but it's way early in the process. Akers and Hill would be badass. Cam is more like an ATH to me that you can line up in the slot and use at RB while Hill is a great all around RB. Together, they would be scary.

vCash
    Kylin will be at MSU. Akers is going to be a huge battle to keep him instate.
    We need Kylin to sell Cam on getting them to play together. Seems like there are a lot of in state kids that want to go to MSU in that class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We need Kylin to sell Cam on getting them to play together. Seems like there are a lot of in state kids that want to go to MSU in that class.
    Yea MSU has a lot of ins next year. Cam likes MSU but it's going to be a battle. A similar recruitment to Nigel Knott.

vCash
    Yea MSU has a lot of ins next year. Cam likes MSU but it's going to be a battle. A similar recruitment to Nigel Knott.
    I think you're right- it will probably go down to January at the earliest. I know Cam likes Tennessee and Alabama a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think you're right- it will probably go down to January at the earliest. I know Cam likes Tennessee and Alabama a lot.
    Lsu as well.

vCash
    I think Kylin maybe Dan's to lose. I expect him to be a 5 star too.

vCash
    I go you on this one I seen It... So we can put this to rest early

Hill to State.......

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash

interesting tidbit on Hill

Nm
    Last edited by BeastMan; 07-20-2015 at 09:59 AM.