Thread: Engrish

vCash

Engrish

If you have been following the Japanese food thread on the Outdoor Dawg board, you know I have spent about three weeks here. One of the more hilarious aspects of our stay in Japan has been the translations that are just not quite right. Enjoy some of the Engrish with me please:

I miss my friend Ribeye, and hope to see him soon.

My guess is the portions are small here if they are advertising enough to digest.

I still have no freaking clue what the hotel staff is trying to tell me with this one..

I now address my troops as "everybody of US forces!!".

vCash
    Its like reading boobie's tweets (assuming he's still tweeting).

vCash
    I enjoyed that, very funny.

It reminds me of the made in Japan Donkey Kong machines that were lost in translation; supposed to be Monkey Kong but they made so many on the first run they just kept it.
    Last edited by Schultzy; 08-11-2015 at 05:07 AM.

vCash
    My Brother-in-law is from Chiba Japan, and we kid him about his Engrish all the time. As a matter of fact, my sister got him a T-shirt that says "I speak Engrish"
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Seen many similar signs in the Middle East.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Its like reading boobie's tweets (assuming he's still tweeting).
    This has got to be the post of the week. Well played, sir!