Thread: 4th Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

vCash

4th Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

First off, the USA is the best damn country in the world and if you don't like it move your complaining ass somewhere else. Salute to all the troops and vets. Thank you for your service protecting our freedom.

Now, what's everyone have on tap for Independence Day Weekend? I'll fish Saturday and Sunday along with a cookout/party Saturday night. All on the beautiful MS Gulf Coast. Let freedom ring!

vCash
    I've had a butt smoking for tomorrow since 8:00. Applewood and Jim Beam bourbon barrel chips for flavor. I'm about to throw some brats on to slow smoke for a couple of hours to have for tonight.

vCash
    Picked up 20lbs of shrimp, from the Pass harbor, to boil tomorrow.

vCash
    Chicken curry in Machida:

Saki:

Ashaii beer:

vCash
    Does anyone boil there ribs, then smoke/grille them? Give me some rib pointers

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post
    Does anyone boil there ribs, then smoke/grille them? Give me some rib pointers

Hope this helps.

vCash
    Smoked a couple of pounds of salmon tonight. Used apple wood. No seasoning other than what was in the brine, though I did give the filets a light brown-sugar glaze. Turned out great.

My wife paired it with a pinot grigio, I went with an off-dry cider.

Now I'm about to have a negroni--using Louisiana rice-based gin--and settle in for a nice evening of doing nothing.

vCash
    Good stuff!

Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    First off, the USA is the best damn country in the world and if you don't like it move your complaining ass somewhere else. Salute to all the troops and vets. Thank you for your service protecting our freedom.

Now, what's everyone have on tap for Independence Day Weekend? I'll fish Saturday and Sunday along with a cookout/party Saturday night. All on the beautiful MS Gulf Coast. Let freedom ring!
    Well said Beastman. Very well said. All you gents have a great 4th and be safe.

vCash
    Popped the heads last night

Getting the water hot now!

vCash
    Potatoes first

Take out the taters, add a little more spice, drop the shrimp in

Drop 2 frozen jugs in to slow the cooking.

Let em soak to the crowd's liking and eat

That's my method anyway...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post

vCash
    Udon noodles in Hashimoto tonight. These were amazing, and only $3. Six bucks with the beer.

vCash
    Man, your pics are making me hungry. And I just got done eating. Love me some Japanese noodle bowls.

vCash
    Finished the weekend off by smoking a chicken. Used apple wood again. Dry brined and seasoned with the standard poultry herbs (rosemary, sage, thyme, etc.). Grilled some corn after the smoke. I also gave the Meathead's "Bourbon Barbecue Baked Beans" a go in my slow cooker with a few minor variations. My wife made some pickled onions to go with the chicken.

Didn't get to eat any of it, though, since we ended up at a World Cup viewing party. Oh well. The beans and onions will be better tomorrow anyway. (I did, however, drink too much whisky while watching the USA embarrass Japan. Damn oversize Dixie cups . . . .)

Speaking of, SapperDawg, did you get to watch the World Cup Final in public? If so, what was that like? Had to have been a tough one for the Japanese fans.

vCash
    Nope. Game started about 0800 here, about the time we were heading in to the simulation center. Interested to see the reception as we head out on the town tonight.

vCash
    Speck, I guess you're not a fan of shrimp heads? Do you suck the heads when you eat crawfish? If you like that, it's even better when you've got great shrimp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Speck, I guess you're not a fan of shrimp heads? Do you suck the heads when you eat crawfish? If you like that, it's even better when you've got great shrimp.
    I've never been a big fan of sucking crawfish heads. I've heard people say that shrimp heads add flavor if you leave them on, but I've never been able to tell a difference. I popped them all off before a boil once and everyone loved it (much easier when eating them), so I continued to do it.