Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: True Detective Season 2

vCash
    Uh....that escalated quickly*** only took 7 episodes.

vCash
    I knew Chef Prosecutor Villefort would be in with the bad guys when he was cast in the show.

vCash
    I have fallen asleep during 4 episodes so far. I never fall asleep watching tv. I need to go back and watch last nights, but this season has been shit overall.

maybe it's just my bias towards the South, but it seemed to be much more entertaining and much less "typical big city mobster/gangster" when it was set in the Deep South.

One more year like this one, and it will die IMO. I expected much more, and I knew it couldn't compete with Season 1. Now I get excited when anydamnthing happens worth a shit, bc 90% of the show is slow dialogue. The shots of the highway between scenes is more exciting than the scenes themselves. [throws tomatoes at the screen]

Come on Matt and Woody, get this shit going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Come on Matt and Woody, get this shit going.
    10 bucks say's Rust Cohle was the guy who killed Casper*** Talk about an M. Night Shyamalan twist....

Banned
    vCash
    Best episode ever. Both seasons. My favorite part was Colin Farrell noping the **** out as soon as he got into the black lady lieutenant's car and saw her dead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Best episode ever. Both seasons.
    Disagree with that, but it was a great episode.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    My brother sent me this today:

Well played, internet.

vCash
    Did your brother send you a blue square box with a question mark inside it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    Did your brother send you a blue square box with a question mark inside it?
    Woops

vCash
    100% agree. Not even comparing it to last season, the show sucked. Vince and Colin made the show bearable but over the whole 10 hours, I actually enjoyed maybe 2 hours. They stretched 1/2 an episode of Law and order into 10 hours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    They stretched 1/2 an episode of Law and order into 10 hours.
    That's about as apt a summation as I've seen. If this season had been the show's first, I'd have stopped watching a while ago. Massive disappointment.

vCash
    agree with both of y'all. I kept watching thinking "maybe it will get better and explain everything" but nope. a shitty ending to a shitty season.

vCash
    What pissed me off the most was not only did they not have anything interesting really happen but they killed the 2 guys I liked just to kill them. Vince leaving town and he is so oblivious to his surroundings that they just walk up beside the car. Combine that with then he just pushes his luck after getting left in the desert. Completely out of character after he made it through.

Ray just decides to drive into the woods instead of trying to lose them in a parking garage or train station. It was a completely moronic ending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    What pissed me off the most was not only did they not have anything interesting really happen but they killed the 2 guys I liked just to kill them. Vince leaving town and he is so oblivious to his surroundings that they just walk up beside the car. Combine that with then he just pushes his luck after getting left in the desert. Completely out of character after he made it through.

Ray just decides to drive into the woods instead of trying to lose them in a parking garage or train station. It was a completely moronic ending.

It seemed to me like the wrote this crazy twisted story of corruption and back dealing but when they got to needing to wrap it up, they couldn't figure it out so they just killed everybody.

My only assumption as to why Ray went into the woods was to buy time for Bezzeredes to get on the boat and get out.
    Last edited by jumbo; 08-10-2015 at 09:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    It seemed to me like the wrote this crazy twisted story of corruption and back dealing but when they got to needing to wrap it up, they couldn't figure it out so they just killed everybody.

My only assumption as to why Ray went into the woods was to buy time for Bezzeredes to get on the boat and get out.
    Only thing wrong with that is they had no clue she was even getting on a boat. He could have went anywhere besides where she actually was. He could have just drove through some traffic, stopped at a valet and kept walking. It was like they knew that they just wanted to kill Frank and Ray so they just wrote something to get them where they wanted them to die. Ray wasn't even disguised and he was wanted for several murders.

vCash
    How stupid to just drive into the forest? Go downtown and jump out of Car. The ending just high-lighted how stupid the whole part 2 was.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    How stupid to just drive into the forest? Go downtown and jump out of Car. The ending just high-lighted how stupid the whole part 2 was.
    Gotta think a man trained to use a 9mm and a shotgun would lead them into a close quarters shoot-out but instead he takes them out to a giant forest with huge wide open spaces just so they could use the premonition his father told him in episode 3. Stupid terribly written last few scenes of this episode. They did that last year too when Rust and Woody just suddenly figure out the "green ears". This show is too good to have these sloppy instances of poor writing keep happening. Makes them look lazy.