Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: True Detective Season 2

vCash
    And the show went back to really slow. With the amount of episodes left, I don't know if they can bring it back up to speed. It better have something more than powerful people screwing prostitutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    And the show went back to really slow. With the amount of episodes left, I don't know if they can bring it back up to speed. It better have something more than powerful people screwing prostitutes.
    I thought it was a great episode. After the way the last one finished with a bang, this one had to reset the table for the last few episodes. Now we know it's the son that is running the hooker stuff. Uni that's gonna tie in to who is pulling Vaughn's character back on the street. There's a potentially beautiful dynamic forming that directly opposes season 1. In season 1, the good guys won. In season 2, it's looking like the bad guy might win. Season 1 had viewers rooting for good and 2 has viewers rooting for bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I thought it was a great episode. After the way the last one finished with a bang, this one had to reset the table for the last few episodes. Now we know it's the son that is running the hooker stuff. Uni that's gonna tie in to who is pulling Vaughn's character back on the street. There's a potentially beautiful dynamic forming that directly opposes season 1. In season 1, the good guys won. In season 2, it's looking like the bad guy might win. Season 1 had viewers rooting for good and 2 has viewers rooting for bad.
    I am just afraid that the show will be about Casper was used to squeeze Vince out and the whole point was rich people screw hookers. There has to be another twist or that premise is the same as about 10 movies in the last few years. I like the acting by Vaughn and Ferrel and McAdams has something boiling really close to being good.

Banned
    vCash
    I think Colin is going to end up being the actual father and somehow ends up with the $5 mill in cash that will get split between his son, Taylor Kirtsch and Rachel McAdams. I think the Mexicans have the hard drive and it'll end up costing Vaughn his life trying to get it from them. Hope he takes out the Mayor and his son first though.

vCash
    I had trouble staying awake during this weeks episode honestly. Correct me if I am wrong, but season 1 was only 8 episodes right? Lots of story lines that seem like they need more time to develop & be wrapped up. With only 3 episodes remaining, I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed in the end. These last 3 episodes still have tons of potential though. We'll see.

vCash
    I agree with a lot needing to be wrapped up. The story has been so slow in developing with this many people, I am afraid it is going to be rushed and disappointing. For this season to be even comparable to last, they are going to have to pull something out of their ass that is completely unexpected.

vCash
    I'm not counting on anything mind blowing. Last season was pretty cut and dry. Bad guy kidnaps young girls and murders them. I think we'll see a couple of deaths this year though but the ending won't be anything like a twist. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't ever find out who the masked shooter was either.

vCash
    I think its set up to be epic. Or really shitty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    I think its set up to be epic. Or really shitty.
    Love the profile pic, RAYn. I still remember sitting court-side watching him hopping that pose back, lol.

vCash
    What did y'all think of the last nights episode? Thought it was definitely the pivotal moment, setting up for a really good ending. Also, is it confirmed that there is only 8 episodes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYn_Man View Post
    What did y'all think of the last nights episode? Thought it was definitely the pivotal moment, setting up for a really good ending. Also, is it confirmed that there is only 8 episodes?

yes, there are 2 more episodes left.

vCash
    Definitely picked up. I am anxious for the last 2 episodes. It is either going to be good or bad. Hopefully it ends strong.

Banned
    vCash
    Lot of people liked this last episode but I thought it was weak. Party scene was just bad detective work but all the side nudity was cool haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Lot of people liked this last episode but I thought it was weak. Party scene was just bad detective work but all the side nudity was cool haha.
    I think it says something about this season that I thought it was halfway decent episode. It is horrible to just sit around waiting for something to happen. The whole big deal going down while the two cops happen to be outside the window kind of pissed me off. That is just some idiot writing like they were backed into a corner. If this ends as Vince Vaughn waking from a dream before he has a meeting with Casper I won't watch another season. For the most part this season has been a waste of time. Colin and Vince have done a pretty good acting job but the story has sucked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Colin and Vince have done a pretty good acting job but the story has sucked.
    I keep thinking this over and over again in my head. The acting has been good but the general story line sucks and the development and delivery has been bad. This week's episode was alright, and like Tbone said, that shows just how poor this season really has been. The party scene had tons of potential and was a let down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindTheScenes View Post
    The party scene had tons of potential
    Basically an "Eyes Wide Shut" rip off...

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Basically an "Eyes Wide Shut" rip off...
    I was thinking the same thing, even if it was less surreal and eerie. (And generally less interesting.)

Anyone else getting shades of Twin Peaks here and there? Like the dream sequence at the opening of an episode a couple of weeks back, for instance, and then the torture cabin in the woods, and the underground, high class prostitute ring, and the potentially shady land deal. The tones, styles, and plots of the shows are obviously very, very different. But as the weeks have gone on, I've seen it pop up again and again. (Then again, I may just be seeing what I want to see given how dull this season has been.)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, even if it was less surreal and eerie. (And generally less interesting.)

Anyone else getting shades of Twin Peaks here and there? Like the dream sequence at the opening of an episode a couple of weeks back, for instance, and then the torture cabin in the woods, and the underground, high class prostitute ring, and the potentially shady land deal. The tones, styles, and plots of the shows are obviously very, very different. But as the weeks have gone on, I've seen it pop up again and again. (Then again, I may just be seeing what I want to see given how dull this season has been.)
    Pretty sure I read that this season True Detective is honoring eight different directors one for each show. That's why you see one episode has an "eyes wide shut" theme and one has a "Twin Peaks" theme. Can anyone confirm this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    I
    Anyone else getting shades of Twin Peaks here and there?
    Definitely. I even thought the use of music during the sex party scene was very David Lynch-esque.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Pretty sure I read that this season True Detective is honoring eight different directors one for each show. That's why you see one episode has an "eyes wide shut" theme and one has a "Twin Peaks" theme. Can anyone confirm this?

per IMDB episodes 1-2 were the only ones that had the same director