Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: True Detective Season 2

vCash

True Detective Season 2

What did y'all think of the first episode? I thought it was a strong start.

vCash
    I thought it was pretty good. The reviews for this season have been mixed, but I enjoyed the first episode. It's not as gripping as the first season, at least not yet. Seems like this season they have a larger cast, maybe because no two characters can carry the show by themselves like McConaughey and Harrelson could. May not affect the quality, but I'm interested to see how these characters interact. I'm rambling. A- so far

vCash
    Solid first episode. I think Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn have the potential to be pretty strong characters. Not sure how I feel about Rachel McAdams yet. Going to try and stay away from comparing it to season 1.

vCash
    Decent start, we'll see what happens. So many freaking cops in this season. I'd like more involvement from Kelly Reilly and Rachel McAdams. I have no idea what the point of Taylor Kitsch's character is. He's in it for 5 minutes and all they tell us is he's got military baggage, I'm assuming PTSD, and wants to kill himself. There's just no one I'm really compelled to root for or against so far. Honestly, I thought the most interesting character of all was Kelly Reilly as Vince Vaughn's wife.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Episode 1 was strong.

Episode 2 was awful

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aces High View Post
    Episode 1 was strong.

Episode 2 was awful
    What? Episode 2 we see the killer and have the possibility that we've just lost a major character (I think he's still alive tho) plus we find out Vince has been robbed and he's quickly sunken back into his gangster ways in order to get his money back. This season looks like it will climax better than last year's. Not saying it will be better because that's almost impossible but the writing may very well be better.

vCash
    I watched the first one and then called and cancelled my cable today. I wouldn't have done that during GoT, Silicon Valley, etc...

Hulu, Netflix, and streaming via XBox is it for me. That and an HD antenna.

vCash
    Saw Episode 1. It was OK.

Started Episode 2 drunk. Couldn't do it. Tried again sober. Still couldn't do it.

Season 2 sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I watched the first one and then called and cancelled my cable today. I wouldn't have done that during GoT, Silicon Valley, etc...

Hulu, Netflix, and streaming via XBox is it for me. That and an HD antenna.
    ESPN is calling you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    ESPN is calling you.
    they haven't called me in a long time.

vCash
    Episode 3 was pretty empty. I'm keeping my faith that this season is building to something good, but I haven't seen it yet. Definitely not as engaging as season 1, and its not just the characters and their development.

vCash
    The storyline so far sux even. Big disappointment so far.

vCash
    Vince Vaughan has been the only interesting thing of the show so far to me. I like Colin but his character isn't that interesting to me. I keep thinking maybe they will have something interesting happen but it just seems like they are dragging it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    they haven't called me in a long time.
    LOL

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Vince Vaughan has been the only interesting thing of the show so far to me. I like Colin but his character isn't that interesting to me. I keep thinking maybe they will have something interesting happen but it just seems like they are dragging it out.
    Yea Vince is carrying the show right now. Lots of bad side characters in this like the Lieutenant lady who talks but it just sounds like mumbling and the drunk police chief and the mumbling big fat Mexican with gold teeth that Vince beats the shit out of. Three characters that can't pronounce words very well. Then you add the drugged out Mayor's wife who can't speak well and you've got three episodes of mumbling bad english by half the characters. The show would be much improved if they had done a better job of picking side characters.

vCash
    Mixed feelings so far. Love Vince Vaughn in his role, but I'm uncertain about everyone else. Everyone knew it would be hard to live up to Season 1 though. I think this season has some potential, but the storyline really needs to develop quickly over the next 2 episodes, IMO.

vCash
    Much better episode tonight. It seems we are now in the shit, so hopefully the second half of the season will make up for the slow start to the first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Much better episode tonight. It seems we are now in the shit, so hopefully the second half of the season will make up for the slow start to the first.
    I've enjoyed this season much more than most others have apparently. Farrell and Vaughn have both been really good. The story is really picking up. I think I was one of the only viewers who understood that you had to completely flush season 1 out of your memory in regards to your expectations for season 2. Harrellson and McCaugnehey (sp?) put together one of the best acting jobs I've ever seen. You'll be hard pressed to find that again anywhere. When you look at what season 2 is doing its still good tv and better than 99% of what's out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I've enjoyed this season much more than most others have apparently. Farrell and Vaughn have both been really good. The story is really picking up. I think I was one of the only viewers who understood that you had to completely flush season 1 out of your memory in regards to your expectations for season 2. Harrellson and McCaugnehey (sp?) put together one of the best acting jobs I've ever seen. You'll be hard pressed to find that again anywhere. When you look at what season 2 is doing its still good tv and better than 99% of what's out there.
    I knew going in it would be impossible to judge based on season 1, but that's not why I've been underwhelmed so far. The pace of the story has been very slow and disjointed. As someone else point out earlier, several of the secondary characters have been pretty lame. I do really like VV's and Farrell's characters.

Banned
    vCash
    Ok this show is the shit again, I am officially hooked. It helped watching episode 3 twice. Vince Vaughn is killing it!