Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Jerseys Offically Coming in 2015

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't think we'll have maroon shoulder stripes like A&M did. At least I hope not.
    I've just got a bad feeling about them...thought I heard a Native American war chant start to beat when I first saw it

vCash
    They suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I've just got a bad feeling about them...thought I heard a Native American war chant start to beat when I first saw it
    The fact that the athletic dept. has to constantly remind us how good Adidas has been to us despite making profane and embarrassing baseball jerseys speaks volumes.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    These look pretty crappy unless there will be more gray on the pants and helmet. Personally, I'd go all out on the black and gray...gray helmet, grey pants...Raiders style.
    I like it. We can even crazier and give it the silver/chrome look.

I don't mind trying out wild uniforms in football. It's not as if he have a standard go-to.

vCash
    The only color that matters is MAROON.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Black is not a neutral color. It's been sold as a neutral to sell merchandise which I can totally relate to and agree is a good marketing tool.

I'd rather feel like I'm watching MSU. And another thing, I no longer buy into this stuff about the players liking them, way too many traditional powerhouses stay basic.
    You answered your own question. Traditional powerhouses. I don't think we fall into that category.

vCash
    Sick. In a good way. Those are hot. 17 the whiners. It's one game and players/recruits love them. STFU.

And for the people bitching about how we play in black jerseys, it has wayyyy more to do with our opponents. Bama and FL, unless I'm remembering incorrectly. And I expect UK to play us tough this year. They have for several years now. We'll win, but it'll be a lot closer than most of you think it "should" be.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    You answered your own question. Traditional powerhouses. I don't think we fall into that category.
    That makes sense.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    No matter what their aesthetic appeal, I cringe every time we announce black uniforms. According to research at Cornell & Florida, teams that wear black uniforms consistently ranked near the top of their leagues in penalties. Additionally, switches from non-black to black uniforms have been associated with an increase in penalties. Anybody remember the 2010 kentucky game at The Hump? Varnado fouled out before Calipari's hair gel even had a chance to dry.

Banned
    vCash
    Love them, and I've loved 75-80% of what Adidas has done for our athletic program. And for the "we always lose in black" morons, we tend to have lost those games because we weren't very good…. Playing very good teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Sick. In a good way. Those are hot. 17 the whiners. It's one game and players/recruits love them. STFU.

And for the people bitching about how we play in black jerseys, it has wayyyy more to do with our opponents. Bama and FL, unless I'm remembering incorrectly. And I expect UK to play us tough this year. They have for several years now. We'll win, but it'll be a lot closer than most of you think it "should" be.
    Wearing a black jersey isn't going to get us any recruit, just as not wearing won't lose us one. That argument is asinine and always has been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE View Post
    No matter what their aesthetic appeal, I cringe every time we announce black uniforms. According to research at Cornell & Florida, teams that wear black uniforms consistently ranked near the top of their leagues in penalties. Additionally, switches from non-black to black uniforms have been associated with an increase in penalties. Anybody remember the 2010 kentucky game at The Hump? Varnado fouled out before Calipari's hair gel even had a chance to dry.
    Lol...Right. Here's my research. Every team that made the college playoffs last year with the exception of Bama have worn black jerseys lately. That company is pretty good and we're not Bama so we can kill all the history and prestige talk as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post

We beat Louisiana Tech wearing black in 2011. In overtime.

Like I said, I don't mind black uniforms for one game- but I would prefer it be a non power five OOC opponent.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDawg92 View Post
    The only color that matters is MAROON.
    Thanks, Sylvestuh. Winston Churchill say you an idiot.

vCash
    The only thing I would change is add black pants and go for an all black look.

vCash
    I like 'em
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    I'll agree that kids are not going to choose where to play football based on uniforms but I will also guess that most high school kids don't know or even care that Alabama, Penn State, etc. are wearing the same uniforms that they did 275 years ago. The kids do notice the different uniforms that teams currently wear which means they are paying attention to Mississippi State if they like their different uniforms.
    As long as we go into the Kentucky game 7-0 I don't really care what we are wearing.

vCash
    if the players like them, wear them. If they don't, don't. I'm all for whatever gets them rolling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    if the players like them, wear them. If they don't, don't. I'm all for whatever gets them rolling.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Whether they like them or not our past performances have shown that they don't exactly get us "rolling". Yes, we've played some good teams while wearing them but there is much more to it than that. We've mostly played like total crap while wearing them.