Thread: Congrats to Steve Dudley- track

vCash

Congrats to Steve Dudley- track

Teams had solid showings at NCAA's. Men's team finished 8th overall and women's team finished 18th.

vCash
    We also garnered an individual natty n the women's 1500, soph. Rhianwedd Price

vCash
    Coach Dudley is so close to breaking through and winning it all. They left a lot of points on the track or the men could have had a top 5 finish. Great having a coach like Dudley on campus who loves Starkville and MSU. He could have left dozens of times but I think he realizes the grass isn't always greener. I think most of our coaches now have that mindset, which is great for our future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MabenMaroon View Post
    Rhianwedd Price
    Any clue how to correctly pronounce her first name?

All I know is that she is from England.

vCash
    Just for the sake of conversation, how would you respond to the statement

"Steve Dudley is the most successful coach in Mississippi State History"

Discuss.

Facts:
    =====

MSU track and field had 6 individual national T&F championships between 1922 and 1988.

In 2000, Steve Dudley joined as an associate head coach.

In 2003-2004, MSU won 5 individual national championships (Tiffany McWilliams won 3 of these)

Dudley became head coach in 2010

2 individual national championships in 2013

2 more in 2014

1 more in 2015

vCash
    Phenomenal job. Dudley is a beast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godlluB View Post
    Just for the sake of conversation, how would you respond to the statement

"Steve Dudley is the most successful coach in Mississippi State History"
    Is individual championships or team performance a better indicator in track?

I'm not a track guy so I'm clueless on how to judge a coach.

I do they we focus on the NCAA's more than the SEC from a results standpoint.

vCash
    I think that clearly team results is a better indicator than individual results, but I haven't found a good list of MSU overall results over the years.
    We are consistently top 25 in both men's and women's now, and I don't think we have been in the past.

I also didn't realize until a few minutes ago that Dudley is married to Tiffany McWilliams.