- basically nailed the football season. At least prior to the egg bowl. Even though everyone understood our potential level, I don't think any practically reasoning person really thought we would make it through LSU, aTm, and Auburn unscathed. He called it. And it happened.

- called the basketball season. This one seems a bit obvious in hindsight. I have to admit, I forced myself to to believe all the way until the home Bama loss we pissed away that would have put us into the NIT bubble and instead put us out of contention for the postseason(the one where they mic'd up Ray in the timeouts with "the offense will take care of itself" bs. This may have been my worst practical departure -- hoping against hope. By the time it was over, I was hoping Strick would make a move, and glad when we did. Ray deserved his chance, got it, and failed. Lost that bet. Seeing the fanbase unite under Howland in a way we honestly have not seen since 96 is something that makes me wonder about Cohen. I'm just not sure he can ever unite the fanbase in the way Howland has, regardless of his true aptitude or success level. I'll be honest -- this year sucked on every single level. But i know baseball. And hearing him talk inspires confidence in me. He's not blind to our problems. But the bottom line is that his hall pass is gone and next year will tell the tale.

- called the baseball meltdown. Thought it was the most asinine thing I had seen posted in a long time when he called it. And still doesn't make sense to me how it actually happened given obvious talent level(7x guys in the cape) and the sheer number of screw ups that had to happen to allow it to transpire. He went wayyy into left field with that one -- and ended up being correct. Speaking of which -- I realized tonight I had a bet on that which I have been failing to honor. My apologies. I'll straighten up on that front.

Reality is, I'm a non-confrontational person IRL. I rarely argue and almost always go with the flow. Heck, basically everything I do is by the secondhand Ron Polk school of never showing public emotion. It is a taught response I've never shaken, although my true personality fits more with the Cohen way. In the rare occasion that I actually do get drawn in, it goes about like you would expect given my approach to online arguments. I can generally make a compelling case even when I'm totally wrong. And the more wrong I am, or the higher potential my argument has of being wrong, depending on the approach of those I disagree with, the more I go for the jugular. It's both a positive and negative personality trait. People love it when they agree and hate it when they do not. But I'm not too proud nor too hardheaded to circle back to it and admit when I am wrong. And the truth is -- preacher has made me look like a fool this season regardless of how well I can window dress the argument. Engie(or the Reb that allegedly bought my account), out.