Thread: I am now the President Everybody, I am now the President of the entire FIFA

vCash

I am now the President Everybody, I am now the President of the entire FIFA

Sorry for a soccer thread.....

How in the hell did the governing body of the world's most popular sport become a feudalistic type empire that resembles something out of the 13th Century?

What a joke that the tiniest countries on the planet have the same vote as soccer super powers that provide all the money, and they use that vote to throw support behind a corrupt organization that they know they can manipulate & buy off.

This entire FIFA set-up reminds me a lot of the problems that exist between Power 5 conferences and everyone else. The Power 5 conference have the same trouble getting the NCAA to catch up with the times because the non-power 5 schools, who are poor, have bigger numbers and the same voting power as the Power 5 schools.

The biggest thing to me is that soccer super powers & 1st world countries supply most all of the marketing funds for the World Cup. If Bud & many other major sponsors would pull their sponsorships, the tide could begin to turn

Should a new FIFA called FIFO be created to allow the major countries on Earth to compete in?

Should the USA & UEAFA boycott the next two World Cups, Russia & Quarter?

What else should be done?

Does Sepp Blatter ever get indicted by the US?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-30-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Not only is the US DOJ investigating FIFA as a whole (and they're trying to use those that they already arrested to gain intel on Blatter to indict him), but the Swiss Justice Department will be running their own investigation, and they don't mess around on their investigations.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    I'm confused, where was this thread moved to?

Sixpack?