Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLB Pipeline Scouting Reports on Austin Riley, Gray Fenter, and Jared Padgett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Lose to MLB Draft: Riley (Ain't coming to school)

Makes it to campus: Fenter by the hair of our chins, Small by the hair of out chins, Pickett by the hair of out chins (Less certain on this one)

Bold Predictions: Kale Breaux becomes a freshman All-American (Too small to be an MLB prospect at this time, but easily the most advanced pitcher we've signed in 5 years), Gray Fenter becomes a 2nd round draft pick in two years, Ethan Small becomes a top 15 overall draft pick in 3 years as one of the top 2 left handed starting pitchers in the country.
    Riley will be at school.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by It_Could_Happen View Post
    Riley will be at school.
    Lose to MLB Draft: Riley (Ain't coming to school)
    Won't matter, he isn't coming to MSU
    Some people are going to be very wrong on Riley, and others are going to be very right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    When is the draft and how long do kids have to sign after drafted? I'm just ready for it to be over at this point
    June 8th, 9th and 10th. I can't remember when the deadline to sign is. I think it is sometime in August.

vCash
    Here's the thing with Riley. Where he is being ranked, he is looking at around a $500,000 signing bonus if he signs at slot. If he comes to MSU and become a 1st round pick the way Hunter Renfroe did, he goes from $500,000 to $2+ million in signing bonus. Same thing with Gray Fenter.

Chase Vallot got $1.3 million to sign with the Royals as a sandwich first round pick. Hard to turn that down. It's not as hard to turn down $500,000.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    June 8th, 9th and 10th. I can't remember when the deadline to sign is. I think it is sometime in August.
    I think it's July 15th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I think it's July 15th.
    It's different every year. This year the deadline is July 17th at midnight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's different every year. This year the deadline is July 17th at midnight.
    I was close enough. Tks

vCash
    http://www.minorleagueball.com/2015/...-400-prospects

Top 400 prospects in the draft per Matt Garrioch at minorleagueball.com;

#120 -- Gray Fenter
    #166 -- Greg Pickett
    #175 -- Austin Riley

Austin Riley isn't the most athletic guy but he has a lot of power at the plate and on the mound. He has a low 90's fastball with more in the tank, potentially. He has a powerful swing but the footwork and the hands may push him to 1B. He isn't going to cover a lot of ground in the OF. He is commited to Mississippi State and could be a very good two way player for them if he doesn't sign. I think that's his most likely route.
    #198 -- Jared Padgett
    #204 -- Elih Marrero

Elih Marrero is the son of former big leaguer Eli Marrero. At 5'9", 190, he looks exactly like a catcher should look. He's a solid bodied receiver with good actions, a strong arm and quiet actions behind the plate. The more I see of him, the more I like him. At the plate, he has quick hands and a short, compact swing that he uses to hit balls to all fields. He looks like a well-balanced all around catching prospect.
    #223 -- Kale Breaux
    #278 -- Parker Ford (Has informed scouts that he is going to MSU)
    #348 -- Ethan Small