Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

Anyone have any big plans this weekend? I know I'm grilling out tomorrow

vCash
    Me and JBJones have steaks on the grill, six different Sierra Nevada beers, two new bottles of bourbon, and two nights to hang. Pics to follow. EDIT: and here they are.

New drinks:

Hot off the Weber:

On the plate:

Last edited by SapperDawg; 05-30-2015 at 08:25 AM. Reason: ETA pics

vCash
    Chinese delivery and single malt. House to myself tonight.

vCash
    Running errands tonight, so it was Five Guys before I stocked up on Bulleit. Got a bonus because the bourbon was only $26 a bottle! Just me and the W Girl for the next week, so surf and turf for tomorrow night to start out our break from the teenagers. A nice filet with grilled shrimp and scallops, grilled asparagus in tarragon butter, and maybe some rice pilaf or a twice baked potato finished off on the grill.

vCash
    Got home after a long day of work and had 1 single beer in my fridge: a bud light a friend left over. This is reminding me why I don't drink bud light lol.

As usual Brunswick, your dinner tomorrow sounds great. We'll definitely need pics

vCash
    Fishing a 24hr catfish tournament, so lots of cheap beer and snacks tonight.

vCash
    My dad just text me about his fishing this morning. He's fishing one of my fav bay areas and has a limit of reds, a founder, and numerous throwback rats.

vCash
    I surprised the W Girl with this. The filet is simple, just some Montreal and cooked for 9 minutes. The asparagus is dredged in tarragon butter after grilling. The shrimp and scallops were marinated in the Nawlins recipe from the Weber Big Book of Grilling, but I added some shredded Parmesan, Romano, and Asiago cheeses. The potatoes were bacon, sour cream, green onions and Mexican cheese blend. It was all tasty.

vCash
    Did redfish, chicken, and mixed grilled veggies (squash, zucchini, and mushrooms).