Thread: Memorial Day Weekend: Outdoor Plans

vCash

Memorial Day Weekend: Outdoor Plans

Most folks get a long weekend off and have some kind of activities planned. Me, I'm probably fishing Sunday and Monday. I'm praying for good weather because I want to make a long long run into the marsh to get away from people.

vCash
    Wish I could hit the water this weekend. Our HS graduation is Saturday morning (and women have to make an event out of it), and my daughter turns 16. So Daddy has to get her present detailed and smoke a couple of butts for her party

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Wish I could hit the water this weekend. Our HS graduation is Saturday morning (and women have to make an event out of it), and my daughter turns 16. So Daddy has to get her present detailed and smoke a couple of butts for her party
    Hey, BBQing for the family on Memorial Day weekend makes you an American patriot sir

vCash
    Currently spending the week in Myrtle Beach with my roommate from our days in the Iraq, with follow on visit to Charlottesville this weekend. Kayak fishing on the lake there in between teaching my nephew how to BBQ, and lots of laying about and drinking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Hey, BBQing for the family on Memorial Day weekend makes you an American patriot sir

I've always seen myself as this kind of American

vCash
    I'm planning to cruise my wife and son around the Bay a little bit Saturday morning and then stop for lunch in BSL. I'm really hoping the rain will hold off for Sunday/Monday. I need to get some trout in the boat!

vCash
    none right now ... I'm still smoked from almost a week in the Eastern Tenn wilderness area camping & trout fishing some very rough terrain ..... but the fishing was worth it
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    How'd yall do FishDawg? I remember you talking about this trip

vCash
    Weather permitting, we'll go out to O.C. lake and chillax. I'll be smoking a pork butt as well as grilling some homemade sausages and pressed pork belly, with various fixings. I'll probably bust out some home brew and pop some bottles of my muscadine wine. Basically, I plan on str8 ballin'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Weather permitting, we'll go out to O.C. lake and chillax. I'll be smoking a pork butt as well as grilling some homemade sausages and pressed pork belly, with various fixings. I'll probably bust out some home brew and pop some bottles of my muscadine wine. Basically, I plan on str8 ballin'.
    Sounds like a great time. BBQ and home brew is a great duo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    How'd yall do FishDawg? I remember you talking about this trip
    water was a little low this year and made for difficult fishing but we rooted them out and caught plenty ... nothing exceptional this year ... biggest was 16"
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Man, I love a good muscadine wine. When I was one of the lucky people to land in the Wine Appreciation class at MSU, my Dad unearthed a 20 year old bottle his uncle had made. We decanted it due to the inch of sentiment in the bottle - but it was by far the best alcohol of any kind I've ever had.

vCash
    Picked up enough trout this morning before work to have a fried meal this weekend.

vCash
    Nice work Speck. The ones in the front and back are fat!