Thread: Preston Smith

vCash

Preston Smith

It looks like he will be playing OLB for the Redskins. I think that role will fit him good. Of course, I'm sure much will change between now and the start of the season.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg10msu View Post
    It looks like he will be playing OLB for the Redskins. I think that role will fit him good. Of course, I'm sure much will change between now and the start of the season.
    They want to use him basically as a hybrid OLB. They'll put him both on the ground and in coverage.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    I may be wrong but I would think he is better suited as a 4-3 defensive end. He doesn't seem to have the speed and hips to cover tight ends in the NFL. I hope he proves me wrong but I think he would have been a better fit elsewhere

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    I may be wrong but I would think he is better suited as a 4-3 defensive end. He doesn't seem to have the speed and hips to cover tight ends in the NFL. I hope he proves me wrong but I think he would have been a better fit elsewhere
    He'll be a good zone defense OLB on the weak side. Also a good pass rusher on the edge.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    He won't be in coverage much. He'll be rushing the passer & helping set the edge in the run game. Guys like Mario Williams & Julius Peppers played OLB this year too but you rarely saw them in coverage.

vCash
    He won't be covering much of anything. They're going to run a 3-4, so he's basically still a DE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He won't be in coverage much. He'll be rushing the passer & helping set the edge in the run game. Guys like Mario Williams & Julius Peppers played OLB this year too but you rarely saw them in coverage.

10-4, thanks Dan.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    I'd gladly drop him into coverage after seeing that one-handed pick six against UAB