Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Mississippi Top 50 Recruits

vCash

2016 Mississippi Top 50 Recruits

http://3rdand57.com/2016-mississippi-prospects-top-50/

There is going to be some discussion and not everyone will agree but I worked pretty hard to make sure this list was more than names with numbers thrown out. Wanted to make the most comprehensive MS prospect ranking out there. Enjoy and discuss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    http://3rdand57.com/2016-mississippi-prospects-top-50/

There is going to be some discussion and not everyone will agree but I worked pretty hard to make sure this list was more than names with numbers thrown out. Wanted to make the most comprehensive MS prospect ranking out there. Enjoy and discuss
    Scott Lashley is a commit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    Scott Lashley is a commit?
    No but probably will be soon. Also, check pm
    Last edited by BeastMan; 05-07-2015 at 09:15 AM.

vCash
    Isn't jones rated much higher by everyone else? Not disagreeing with you. Just wondering why you rate him lower

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I could be wrong, but I thought I read on here that Metcalf is stepson/stepdad relationship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Isn't jones rated much higher by everyone else? Not disagreeing with you. Just wondering why you rate him lower
    Benito jones is rated higher by most others but others ratings wasn't how I did this list. For context sake, ESPN has him as the 11th best player in the country and 247 has him as the 5th best player in MS. I have him at #7 which isn't that far off from what some others have. I like Benito and think he's a deserving 4-star prospect. The reason I can't go all out on Benito is size. He's closer to 6' even than 6'2 and will be a guy that probably tops out south of 300 lbs. To me, calling someone a 5-star or an ultra elite prospect is saying that they have high probability to be an early round NFL guy. Go look at the last 5 NFL drafts and show me how many 6'-6'1 DTs get drafted in the early rounds....

Benito is cat quick and an absolute terror in the middle against his current competition which he is bigger than 95% of. I want to see him in college when he is now the undersized guy. In short, I absolutely believe he is a great player and a legit 4-star and I don't think I'm speaking out of school or "downing" him by saying that. I'd love to have him at my school.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Great list. Only couple differences I have is I'd move Raekwon down a few spots & Nero & Quincy would flip flop. Great job & I like the comparisons you made gives the guy that's not an avid recruiter a picture of the kid.

vCash
    I didn't look through the entire list ... any kickers on there ? Maybe compile a list of kickers across the country and submit it to Ifyouonlyknew for his review & recruitment
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Great List!

Also, there are a lot of kids on that list, that if they tried to commit to MSU, OM or several other top SEC schools right now that claim an offer, they may get this response from the coach recruiting them:

vCash
    Where are other Noxubee Players?. The QB threw for lot's of TDs and Yardage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Don't think that he is a legit D1 QB prospect

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Timorris Conner. He will be a Sr this upcoming year but he's only about 5'10" 5'11".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought I read on here that Metcalf is stepson/stepdad relationship.
    He's adopted. Terrance is his legal guardian and father.

vCash
    Thanks for posting , great list for me as i'm not always up on recruiting and the comparisons to other players really comes in handy .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    He's adopted. Terrance is his legal guardian and father.
    An Ole Miss booster adopting a big time recruit? They should make a movie about that.

vCash
    Grayson Gunter just added an offer from Tulane a day or two ago.

I enjoyed the list. My gosh- Oxford is loaded this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Grayson Gunter just added an offer from Tulane a day or two ago.

I enjoyed the list. My gosh- Oxford is loaded this year.
    Gunter us from good stock. Dad played at Ole Miss. His offer sheet gets better and better and with Brad Peterson, you know his offensive role will increase. Oxford is loaded and so is Meridian. I'd love to see those 2 play particularly Oxford's offense vs Meridian's defense

vCash
    Alan Lamar is deserving of top 50. Desoto Cetral rb. Will be 3 year starter and 1,00 yard rusher, also plays defense. 4.4 speed, has Ivy League offers and service schools. Duke will probably offer if they haven't. He wants to go to John Hopkins for med school after college. Great kid and football player. Best player on DC.

vCash
    Great list & very informative!

One question though: In regards to Dickens, why is an edge rusher, with the ceiling of Greg Hardy, only the 11th best player in the state?

From an NFL value perspective, I would think that guy would be in the top 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My gosh- Oxford is loaded this year.
    You should see who all they have coming back to baseball next year also...