Thread: Mike Herndon's response to at least my email to him, but I assume that I wasn't alon.

vCash

Mike Herndon's response to at least my email to him, but I assume that I wasn't alon.

Here is his response is in this article.
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...don_th_54.html

vCash
    I respect him admitting he was wrong. Probably won't stop him from writing another smarmy article in the future, but at least it's a start to countering the mantra that "Stars mean EVERYTHING in recruiting."

vCash
    It is awesome to see a guy admit he was wrong and take his crow about it. Really well written article. Brovo to the author for owning up to it.

vCash
    +1

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    I give him props for admitting he was wrong. Most sports writers are arrogant and wouldn't check their ego like that.

vCash
    Agreed. Great article, actually.

vCash
    Pretty good, though he did take a slight step back when he criticized those calling him out today, but saying, "it would have meant more if they had said it 4 years ago".

We weren't the ones who went over-the-top with rude, snide comments. We weren't the, "professionals". His article from 2011 went well beyond any duty he had to report about that class. So, he absolutely deserves every bit of dung brought down on him now.

Though I do appreciate the partial,"Mia Culpa", he should have just owned up to it 100% with no caveats whatsoever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Pretty good, though he did take a slight step back when he criticized those calling him out today, but saying, "it would have meant more if they had said it 4 years ago".

We weren't the ones who went over-the-top with rude, snide comments. We weren't the, "professionals". His article from 2011 went well beyond any duty he had to report about that class. So, he absolutely deserves every bit of dung brought down on him now.

Though I do appreciate the partial,"Mia Culpa", he should have just owned up to it 100% with no caveats whatsoever.
    Let me add that most of us were happy with the guys we got in that class and trusted Mullen when he said he addressed team needs very well with who he signed. We just don't all have a national platform to use to say that.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Let me add that most of us were happy with the guys we got in that class and trusted Mullen when he said he addressed team needs very well with who he signed. We just don't all have a national platform to use to say that.
    I'll somewhat disagree. There were a lot & I mean a lot of folks who crushed Mullen & staff for missing on CJ, Brassell, Tobias, Whitehead, etc. There were meltdowns everywhere. There were some level headed fans but there a ton of guys who flipped out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I'll somewhat disagree. There were a lot & I mean a lot of folks who crushed Mullen & staff for missing on CJ, Brassell, Tobias, Whitehead, etc. There were meltdowns everywhere. There were some level headed fans but there a ton of guys who flipped out.
    This is truth!!!!

vCash
    +1

vCash
    Good article.

In other news, a link on the page for an article about another "bad teacher," this time in Alabama. I wonder if this is an endictment of the age it takes for people to start truly maturing these days or just the modern instant news era. I'm thinking it's some of both.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    How does that shit sandwich taste Mike?

vCash
    I think what most miss about stars is that they are far more accurate at the top with the few that are rated as 5 stars but they arent precise.

They are exponentially innaccurate as the stars drop from 4 to 2. Almost worthless.

Its why ive never bought the argument about recruiting rankings based on the bamas or the osus or florida states. Their coaches did grat jobs evaluating A ND coaching up.

There are simply a number of coaches like mullen who get the most out of above average athlete and an equal number who get the very least out of every player they come in contact with. Those coaches might be excellent salesmen and evaluators. They are just below average utilizers of the weapons they posses. Mullen also knows how to identify those he will struggle with mentally accepting his coaching.

vCash
    Stars are a product sold by recruiting websites. I am impressed with their ability to sell bullshit.

vCash
    He probably realizes the lack of professionalism he displayed in that article, and most certainly regrets it. That was as mature a response as you could expect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Our fans!? No way*****

We have several who are going to look the same way over their bashing of Cohen.