Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Alot of our baseball fans need to realize its not 1995 anymore

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    By "too many things you shouldn't", do you mean they make bad baseball decisions or they are involved in too many things they shouldn't be worried about?
    Baseball decisions. It is the totality of what they do. Baseball. They are average at it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Yes Todd, proper mechanics taught to any of the players mentioned would provide them the ability to apply more power on the baseball at point of contact. It's simple physics and leverage. Our mechanics (ie. Hands/elbows away from the body, hands too close to midpoint of body on stance, squatting too much) are all correctable items that take very little work and/or instruction. Changing any of these will add power simply by the physics of leverage. Correct all 3 for most hitters and you will see a dramatic jump in power numbers.

You call me out for "thinking I know more than others", but simply understanding physics and the specific traits of a power baseball stance don't exactly exude someone acting like they know more than anyone else. I simply can comprehend two different yet similar situations, put them together and draw an educated description.

They problem you and many others have is no "below the surface" baseball experience and knowledge base. I could write an entire thread on how and where you take your lead off of each base, depending on what you want the other team to think and/or do. Most people have no clue that you can take a lead numerous ways off of first base to influence the defense into doing something you want. The base runners who know these things can influence the defense and thus increase their chances of success. I rarely see a college player do these small lead off things. A player can take a normal lead and get the pitcher to throw over every time based on the angle he takes his lead away from first. I apologize for getting into details, because you and others cannot comprehend them and say "I think I know everything", so I will stop.

When you and others would like some insight on baseball below the surface of basic high school knowledge, let me know. Most people such as yourself, would rather discount what I say opposed to taking a moment to think about it and actually comprehend what I'm actually attempting to share with the board.
    #HandsBackDon'tBloop