Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alot of our baseball fans need to realize its not 1995 anymore

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And what do you expect hitters like Jake Vickerson, Jacob Robson, Seth Heck, and Cody Brown to do other than hit singles and bunt? Do you really think that Cohen, Rudy Jaramillo, Charlie Lau, Clark, or Palmeiro could make them into power hitters? That would be like Astros fans expecting Jose Altuve to hit 30 home runs because their hitting coach had a magic wand or something. Yet another example of how our fans don't understand the game.

Cohen built us for the baseball culture at the time- and it resulted in two SR's, and a CWS appearance making it to the finals. And now he is recruiting more power hitters like Rooker, Cole Gordon, Nate Lowe, and hopefully Riley and Pickett make it to adjust for the current era.

I'm pretty sure Cohen gets it. It's pretty much public knowledge that Cohen wanted the ball change to be delayed to give us a chance to adjust our roster. If he was deadest on small ball, I'm pretty sure that would have never come out.
    Altuve is on pace for 19 HR and 50 2bs. JS. You named four players. Cohen starts every fall with 35-40 players. Quit making excuses for him. He's been atrocious this year. We must and will DEMAND MORE from our HC for baseball. Ask Buck Showalter and Jeff Brantley what they think of Cohen's performance this year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Good post. One serious question though....does anyone actually want Cohen fired immediately? I know many have vented frustration but I would be very surprised if anyone actually wanted him out the door tomorrow after allowing their emotions to subside. Even the most ardent Cohen antagonists seem to think he deserves a chance to redeem himself next year even if they don't think he'll do it. If anyone has said Cohen should be fired at the end of the year, please post their names so that they may be ridiculed accordingly.

Cohen gets next year for me but to want him back I want to see two things happen. 1. A massive infusion of POWER into both the pitching and offense and 2. Complete elimination of the little league Cohenball strategy.

MSU isn't the little guy in baseball. I never ever want to see us play like the little guy again. Cohen has more resources than anyone else. Go get the big boy studs that all the other players are scared of. I don't care if he's gotta setup a recruiting base in Cuba. Go get us some nasty mother****ers!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Good post. One serious question though....does anyone actually want Cohen fired immediately? I know many have vented frustration but I would be very surprised if anyone actually wanted him out the door tomorrow after allowing their emotions to subside. Even the most ardent Cohen antagonists seem to think he deserves a chance to redeem himself next year even if they don't think he'll do it. If anyone has said Cohen should be fired at the end of the year, please post their names so that they may be ridiculed accordingly.
    Dawg61. Rouge dawg. War machine dawg. Maybe Smitty. Anybody else? If I'm wrong, please correct me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Altuve is on pace for 19 HR and 50 2bs. JS. You named four players. Cohen starts every fall with 35-40 players. Quit making excuses for him. He's been atrocious this year. We must and will DEMAND MORE from our HC for baseball. Ask Buck Showalter and Jeff Brantley what they think of Cohen's performance this year.
    I didn't make any excuses for him. What's your excuse for being an idiot?

You do realize that of our 35-40 players about 20 our pitchers? Right? I could have added Spruill, Michael Smith, Gridley, Reynolds, Lovelady, Walker, and etc. Probably could have added that Collins was hurt and that Rooker and Gordon are freshmen- but that would be making excuses which I chose not to do.

I don't think anybody is happy about our teams performance right now, but the point remains that expecting him to turn singles hitters into power hitters is unrealistic by any stretch of the imagination. I guarantee you that Showalter and Brantley would agree with me on that. It's also silly to not expect Cohen to change when you look at the players that we are recruiting plus his comments on the matter.

But go ahead and vent and make yourself look like an idiot.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Dawg61. Rouge dawg. War machine dawg. Maybe Smitty. Anybody else? If I'm wrong, please correct me.
    You're wrong. Cohen gets one more year for me but I seriously doubt he can stop his need to meddle into everything and micromanage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I don't think we're a top 10 program, and I don't want to fire Cohen, but I do think we SHOULD be a Top 15-20 program and we SHOULD not have so many years of sub .500 SEC baseball. To put it simply, with our facilities (& soon to be facilities), our fan support, our history, our recruiting ability, and our dedication to baseball....we should be getting more out of our baseball program on a year in/year out basis. Yes, we have the CWS run in 13, and a few Regional appearances, but we should be in the hosting discussion way more than we are and have been over the last 10-15+ years IMO.

I get the scholly issues, and I know that's tough...but it's not insurmountable. And if it is, we either need to put all resources towards fighting it, or quit pumping money into a losing battle.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Banned
    vCash
    I didn't make any excuses for him. What's your excuse for being an idiot?

You do realize that of our 35-40 players about 20 our pitchers? Right? I could have added Spruill, Michael Smith, Gridley, Reynolds, Lovelady, Walker, and etc. Probably could have added that Collins was hurt and that Rooker and Gordon are freshmen- but that would be making excuses which I chose not to do.

I don't think anybody is happy about our teams performance right now, but the point remains that expecting him to turn singles hitters into power hitters is unrealistic by any stretch of the imagination. I guarantee you that Showalter and Brantley would agree with me on that. It's also silly to not expect Cohen to change when you look at the players that we are recruiting plus his comments on the matter.

But go ahead and vent and make yourself look like an idiot.
    We suck burnt assholes in baseball Todd. I'm not going to sugarcoat it for you and I'm not going to give Cohen passes for entire seasons. It's beyond retarded to stock your lineup full of slap hitters and attempt to bunt and walk your way to Omaha. Was Cohen so butthurt he lost to UCLA that he lost his damn mind for an entire recruiting cycle and full season of play? "Just wait till next year" is a phrase that should never be used to describe MSU baseball. Win now or step aside.

vCash
    You're wrong. Cohen gets one more year for me but I seriously doubt he can stop his need to meddle into everything and micromanage.
    Alright!! Dawg61 supports bringing Cohen back. Progress I tell ya. I'm going to have you fully on the bandwagon by this time next year. Just be patient with me.

Banned
    vCash
    Alright!! Dawg61 supports bringing Cohen back. Progress I tell ya. I'm going to have you fully on the bandwagon by this time next year. Just be patient with me.
    Haha take notes Todd. This is a better way to disagree with posters instead of kicking your doggie.

vCash
    Uhhhh.....no. I may have said it wouldn't hurt my feeling if he were gone after this season immediately following the Governor's Cup debacle. But I've also said multiple times I know he will, and SHOULD, get next season to fix it. Do I think he will be able to fix it? Different story. But he's certainly earned the right to get one more season to attempt it.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    We suck burnt assholes in baseball Todd. I'm not going to sugarcoat it for you and I'm not going to give Cohen passes for entire seasons. It's beyond retarded to stock your lineup full of slap hitters and attempt to bunt and walk your way to Omaha. Was Cohen so butthurt he lost to UCLA that he lost his damn mind for an entire recruiting cycle and full season of play? "Just wait till next year" is a phrase that should never be used to describe MSU baseball. Win now or step aside.
    We bunted and walked our way to the CWS in 2013 with the old baseball- but please tell me that is "beyond retarded" and how Cohen won't adjust to the games condition. And according to you Cohen should be on the hot seat for not having a crystal ball and realizing that the NCAA was going to change the baseball in 2015 and thus not even having an opportunity to adjust his team? And this despite the fact that we are literally a good Ross Mitchell away from being back in a regional in spite of the offense in a season where we have eight losses so far where we have scored five runs or more? Just unacceptable.**

Do us all a favor and stop posting about baseball and let the people that actually have a clue about what is going on discuss it.

vCash
    I think this is the disconnect that Todd misses, intentionally or not, when we discuss the offense. It's not that we have 2-3 slap hitters. It's that we have a roster FULL of slap hitters with 2-3 power hitters thrown in. Having so many slap hitters is the issue. When your entire hitting bench outside about 4 players are considered slap hitters by everyone with a pair of eyeballs and a brain, that's a problem. And there is no short term fix for that type of problem. Same for our lack of power arms.

vCash
    Haha take notes Todd. This is a better way to disagree with posters instead of kicking your doggie.
    Or even better yet- you could just not post stupid thoughts. But that would be just like someone expecting Jake Vickerson to turn into a power hitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Uhhhh.....no. I may have said it wouldn't hurt my feeling if he were gone after this season immediately following the Governor's Cup debacle. But I've also said multiple times I know he will, and SHOULD, get next season to fix it. Do I think he will be able to fix it? Different story. But he's certainly earned the right to get one more season to attempt it.
    Boom!! 2 for 2. Where you at rougedawg

Banned
    vCash
    Do us all a favor and stop posting about baseball and let the people that actually have a clue about what is going on discuss it.
    Why are you speaking for everyone when really you're just speaking for yourself. Again I DEMAND MSU baseball be amongst the LSU's and Vandy's in baseball not eating algae with the bottom feeding Tennessee's. Memphis baseball is better than MSU. That's pathetic and unacceptable dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I think this is the disconnect that Todd misses, intentionally or not, when we discuss the offense. It's not that we have 2-3 slap hitters. It's that we have a roster FULL of slap hitters with 2-3 power hitters thrown in. Having so many slap hitters is the issue. When your entire hitting bench outside about 4 players are considered slap hitters by everyone with a pair of eyeballs and a brain, that's a problem. And there is no short term fix for that type of problem. Same for our lack of power arms.
    I understand that we have a lineup full of singles hitters. For Heaven's sakes- I've been saying that we shouldn't expect our SINGLES hitters to be power hitters because that's what we want them to be, and then you're telling me that I don't seem to realize that our offense is 7-8 singles hitters? I WANT us to have 4-5 power hitters and 4-5 speed guys. Let's not pretend like we don't have posters on here that don't say things about how "this is what Cohen wants" or "all we have to do to hit with more power is change our hitting mechanics" though.

And there is a short term fix- it's called recruiting.

vCash
    Why are you speaking for everyone when really you're just speaking for yourself. Again I DEMAND MSU baseball be amongst the LSU's and Vandy's in baseball not eating algae with the bottom feeding Tennessee's. Memphis baseball is better than MSU. That's pathetic and unacceptable dude.
    You mean the Vanderbilt team that has been traditionally built on small ball even moreso than us and currently has only nine fewer SAC bunts? Or the LSU team that leads the SEC in stolen bases right now?

It probably hasn't occurred to you that I am saying for everyone everything that needs to be said.

Again, no is happy with what is going on right now. That doesn't make what you posted any less idiotic.

Banned
    vCash
    Uh just getting bigger "power" hitters won't do shit if Cohen can't/won't develop their power stroke. We have guys that would be much more productive at other schools due to instruction.

You mention some names like Vickerson and Brown as people we "can only expect to hit singles and bunt". Dummy.

Cody Brown leads the team in doubles! He's slugging .420! Vickerson is slugging .415! You act like they have to sac bunt, which is as wrong as it's been for 5 years of you loving the sac bunt!

The problem is Cohen cannot develop our deep ball threat because his instruction takes that swing away. Collins 2 HR. Rea 4 HR. Hump 5 HR. Holland 1 HR. That's pathetic. We don't have very many actual "singles hitters".. We just have a illiterate offensive approach sucking their production away.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Uh just getting bigger "power" hitters won't do shit if Cohen can't/won't develop their power stroke. We have guys that would be much more productive at other schools due to instruction.

You mention some names like Vickerson and Brown as people we "can only expect to hit singles and bunt". Dummy.

Cody Brown leads the team in doubles! He's slugging .420! Vickerson is slugging .415! You act like they have to sac bunt, which is as wrong as it's been for 5 years of you loving the sac bunt!

The problem is Cohen cannot develop our deep ball threat because his instruction takes that swing away. Collins 2 HR. Rea 4 HR. Hump 5 HR. Holland 1 HR. That's pathetic. We don't have very many actual "singles hitters".. We just have a illiterate offensive approach sucking their production away.
    Todd gonna have to join Engie's new board shitandstatistics.com

vCash