Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Woodard

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash

Robert Woodard

As many of you know, former MSU basketball player Robert Woodard has a son at Columbus high that will be a sophomore next year named Robert Woodard II. He was recently named one of the top five players in his class by MaxPreps. I know he and his dad go to most of our games, are big fans, and have a great relationship with George Brooks- so I'd be really shocked to see him go anywhere but State. Just thought this honor was worth passing along about a top five recruit who has a really good shot at coming here. He'll be worth keeping an eye on over the next couple of years.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/b92coYV...shman-five.htm
    Last edited by messageboardsuperhero; 04-27-2015 at 02:57 PM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    The 2018 MS Class has 3 kids that are considered top 25-30 kids right now. Woodard, Ladarius Marshall from Forest Hill, & Michael Barber from the Veritas School in Ridgeland. You're right Woodard is as close to a MSU legacy lock as you can get.

vCash
    6'6" F/G Ladarius Marshall of Forest Hill is listed as well. So Mississippi has 2 of the top 16 players in the 2018 class, pretty impressive.

vCash
    Any idea on the recruitment of Marshall or Barber, Ifyouonlyknew?
    Last edited by LibraryDawg; 04-27-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Is this the same class (2018) with George Brooks' son? Isn't he supposed to be highly rated?

vCash
    It's so early but we've been on both already. The previous staff was on them & I'm sure Brooks has kept up that relationship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Is this the same class (2018) with George Brooks' son? Isn't he supposed to be highly rated?
    Garrison is 2017.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    It's so early but we've been on both already. The previous staff was on them & I'm sure Brooks has kept up that relationship.
    The people calling for George Brooks to not be retained after the coaching change look pretty crazy right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    As many of you know, former MSU basketball player Robert Woodard has a son at Columbus high that will be a sophomore next year named Robert Woodard II. He was recently named one of the top five players in his class by MaxPreps. I know he and his dad go to most of our games, are big fans, and have a great relationship with George Brooks- so I'd be really shocked to see him go anywhere but State. Just thought this honor was worth passing along about a top five recruit who has a really good shot at coming here. He'll be worth keeping an eye on over the next couple of years.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/b92coYV...shman-five.htm
    So he is 6-5, 205 lbs as a high school freshman? How tall was his dad? Is this kid going to stay a wing player or will he grow into a 4?

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    The people calling for George Brooks to not be retained after the coaching change look pretty crazy right now.
    Truth...I wonder if Howland saw or was informed of all these connnections to highly rated players down the line and that was one of the things that sold him on coming to state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    So he is 6-5, 205 lbs as a high school freshman? How tall was his dad? Is this kid going to stay a wing player or will he grow into a 4?
    Kid will be a wing player for sure. He can shoot it.

vCash
    Lots of times people speak on things they know nothing about. Lots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Lots of times people speak on things they know nothing about. Lots.
    Especially on message boards.

vCash
    Are those three guys one and done types of guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Are those three guys one and done types of guys?
    I think they are elite talent guys right now but being only 9th grade it's almost impossible to say. Woodard has by far the most polished game of the 3. Marshall is a freak athlete I mean amazing. Barber is still growing & figuring out his body.

vCash
    Slightly off topic, but doesn't Antonio Mcdyess' kid play with Robert Woddard also?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Garrison Brooks is class of 2016. I asked Cronin yesterday on Twitterverse. He's got offers from Bama, AUB, Georgia & us, of course. I like our chances of him staying home & playin under his dad.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C34'sBuddy View Post
    Garrison Brooks is class of 2016. I asked Cronin yesterday on Twitterverse. He's got offers from Bama, AUB, Georgia & us, of course. I like our chances of him staying home & playin under his dad.
    2017 sir...

http://sports.yahoo.com/uga/basketba...-Brooks-167078

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    I'm not a sir. I'm a ma'am. Ha. We follow each other on Twitter. But like I said, I was just goin off what Cronin said yesterday on the Twittersphere. So my apologies for her being wrong.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C34'sBuddy View Post
    I'm not a sir. I'm a ma'am. Ha. We follow each other on Twitter. But like I said, I was just goin off what Cronin said yesterday on the Twittersphere. So my apologies for her being wrong.
    On here we are all sirs ma'am. I mean sir.