Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deshun Dixon...

vCash

Deshun Dixon...

...arrested for DUI. It sure has been an eventful off season.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/m...ight/26455387/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    ...arrested for DUI. It sure has been an eventful off season.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/m...ight/26455387/
    Probably a good thing as long as it says within reason and doesn't cause us to lose some key players.

The truth is that when you have players getting in trouble off the field, it usually means you have better players.

vCash
    I'd say probably around 80% of State fans didn't even know he was on our roster, no big deal. I think the only off season issue that will affect us next year will be Bear's arrest. He will be suspended for the first game against USM and then be ready to roll. People seem to forget that our players are only 18-22 year old kids, and at that age shit happens and it always will.

On a related note, the Dixon family is very good at a lot of things, but obviously not drinking and driving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

The truth is that when you have players getting in trouble off the field, it usually means you have better players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDawg92 View Post
    I'd say probably around 80% of State fans didn't even know he was on our roster, no big deal. I think the only off season issue that will affect us next year will be Bear's arrest. He will be suspended for the first game against USM and then be ready to roll. People seem to forget that our players are only 18-22 year old kids, and at that age shit happens and it always will.

On a related note, the Dixon family is very good at a lot of things, but obviously not drinking and driving.
    Is Bear being out for USM confirmed? If I were Dan I would sit him out for Northwestern State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Is Bear being out for USM confirmed? If I were Dan I would sit him out for Northwestern State.
    Bear himself has told multiple people that he will most likely be suspended for the USM game. I'm sure a formal announcement will never be made but don't be surprised if you don't see him step on the field in week 1. We will easily handle USM with or without Bear, and also it looks better when you suspend someone the first game of the season for something that happened in the offseason compared to picking your easiest game to suspend someone, like Freeze does. Will also be good to get some younger less experienced guys some playing time in his place. Regardless, Bear will be ready come the LSU game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    Yeah, I know it seems weird, but, as the old saying goes, "you don't find NFL players at a monastery"

Professional athletes, and particularly NFL players, are asked to be boarderline psychotic in order to perform the tasks necessary to be an elite player.

If you've ever been in a professional locker room, you would likely understand that most of those guys are arrogant, narcissistic, ultra-competitive, and don't believe that the laws that everyone lives by applies to them. It's one of the reasons that they can walk into a stadium of 80,000 people and own the place. It's also the reason that people like Peyton Manning, Dak Prescott, Tom Brady, etc... should be celebrated. Because they are able to be bi polar enough to overcome the attitude that is demanded of them to be successful.

That being said, the more narcissistic, ultra-competitive, gambling, ass-holes you have on your team, usually the better you are. There is a correlation.

vCash
    Man, I'd agree with some of your points, but you have no idea what it means to be Bi- Polar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcentral View Post
    Man, I'd agree with some of your points, but you have no idea what it means to be Bi- Polar.
    Your exactly right. I didn't mean it as literal bi-polar. Just a figure of speech to make a point.

Banned
    vCash
    Ok Al Davis this might be the dumbest thought to grace this board and the scariest.
    Last edited by Dawg61; 04-27-2015 at 07:48 PM.

vCash
    I got ya. Just seen the condition more than others I guess.

vCash
    Probably a good thing as long as it says within reason and doesn't cause us to lose some key players.

WTF??

vCash
    Saw one of the articles on Reshun's arrest, saw the he was booked at 1:40 and released at 2:45, reckon who bailed him out***

vCash
    Yeah, I know it seems weird, but, as the old saying goes, "you don't find NFL players at a monastery"

Professional athletes, and particularly NFL players, are asked to be boarderline psychotic in order to perform the tasks necessary to be an elite player.

If you've ever been in a professional locker room, you would likely understand that most of those guys are arrogant, narcissistic, ultra-competitive, and don't believe that the laws that everyone lives by applies to them. It's one of the reasons that they can walk into a stadium of 80,000 people and own the place. It's also the reason that people like Peyton Manning, Dak Prescott, Tom Brady, etc... should be celebrated. Because they are able to be bi polar enough to overcome the attitude that is demanded of them to be successful.

That being said, the more narcissistic, ultra-competitive, gambling, ass-holes you have on your team, usually the better you are. There is a correlation.
    I have personally met a number of professional athletes in social settings, including 49ers, Raiders, and Rick Barry of the Warriors. Ronnie Lott, easily one of the most hard-nosed players of all-time, is the nicest, most mild-mannered guy you could ever hope to meet. Steve Young is a big ole softie. Bryant Young, the kind of young man you'd love to see your daughter marry. Eric Davis - nice guy. Old-time Oakland Raider Ben Davidson, considered one of the meanest, toughest to ever step on the gridiron, is a really decent guy, super-friendly.

I have no doubt there are a number of thugs who play in the NFL, but in my experience, I haven't met one yet off-the-field that was an ass or a thug. In fact, all the ones I've met exuded class. That said, I think we are seeing more and more thugs entering the NFL, etc, but I suspect it has more to do with modern society's moral standards as a whole, as opposed to the kind of attitudes needed to succeed in the NFL. It seems like we've become too accepting of poor behavior, of anti-social behavior, and not just with athletes. We've spent too long glorifying, "bad guys", and now it's considered, "acceptable behavior", or is at least tolerated.

Overall, society has lost it's moral-compass.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 04-28-2015 at 12:24 PM.

vCash
    Bear himself has told multiple people that he will most likely be suspended for the USM game. I'm sure a formal announcement will never be made but don't be surprised if you don't see him step on the field in week 1. We will easily handle USM with or without Bear, and also it looks better when you suspend someone the first game of the season for something that happened in the offseason compared to picking your easiest game to suspend someone, like Freeze does. Will also be good to get some younger less experienced guys some playing time in his place. Regardless, Bear will be ready come the LSU game.
    That works for me. I still disagree with Dan on that though- even though your points are good. We should be fine with Fred Brown and Morrow on the outside. I think our suspensions should happen against the I-AA team.

vCash

Strong 180 from when this was happening to ole miss.

vCash

How old is Deshun? I know the government would agree with you that 18-22 year olds are kids but I don't!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    How old is Deshun? I know the government would agree with you that 18-22 year olds are kids but I don't!
    Maybe so but when I was that age I did a lot of dumb shit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    I know the government would agree with you that 18-22 year olds are kids but I don't!
    Pretty sure that the government considers anyone over 18 years old to be an adult.

vCash
    Totally agree. But one can't have a pattern develop.

I don't think remotely does MSU have a pattern, but......don't let one develop.