Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Dak Article by Alex Scarborough

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    At this point, we have to beat Alabama to get the respect we want along with continuing to beat the teams that we did last year.
    Maybe. These 17ers are still liable to say, "yeah but they didn't have to play (insert school) out of the east division."
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    If you think it's crazy that they are dogging us now with a potential heisman on our team. Think about how bad it will be when we lose Dak. It doesn't matter if we win a NC this year, as soon as Dak is gone the media types will treat us like this years baseball team. But I personally think with our recruiting, we will be just as good for years to come.

vCash
    I think it really will come down to how hungry we are. How big a chip we carry on our shoulder. The hardest part of coaching to me, especially after being at one school for a few years, was finding ways to refresh the message and keep everybody motivated and on edge. If dan and staff, and the team leaders, can do that, we will be good to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Funny you say that because I think that's exactly where we are headed with this.

It's downright amazing how reality gets distorted, but wait and see.

They will talk themselves into picking the team with the best QB in the SEC last in favor of teams that have enormous QB questions that have no obvious answer.

It's amazing how the media forgets what is important in football in football. In the NFL, it's understood that the teams with the best QBs are the best teams, but, for some reason, in college the media can't put those puzzle pieces together.

The Patriots, Colts, Packers, & Chargers are average to below average teams if you took their QB off the team, but everyone understands it in the NFL, but they can't figure that out at the college level.

The media is seriously creating momentum to rank the team that will have one of the best 2 offenses in the SEC next year (Auburn) last in the SEC West. It's mindless
    speaking of QB importance, I'm willing to say now that Tiano may be the top QB in the recent SEC recruiting class. Yeah, I know TXAM got a dual threat highly ranked 5'10" guy & I know Bama got yet another highly rated guy from CA (where HS football is "soft"), but in 2 years Tiano is going to "developed" into something special. Nick is the tallest and biggest QB signed in the SEC last year. Very smart kid too. Better runner and shifty inside the pocket quite well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I think it really will come down to how hungry we are. How big a chip we carry on our shoulder. The hardest part of coaching to me, especially after being at one school for a few years, was finding ways to refresh the message and keep everybody motivated and on edge. If dan and staff, and the team leaders, can do that, we will be good to go.
    This "chip" you speak of will be Dak's legacy. Beating the brakes off of LSU last year did so much for our fanbase and program. Major mental hurdle that he helped lead. This year, especially after the whining that Miles did over Day, will resonate with Mullen and I expect him to throttle LSU til the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    At this point, we have to beat Alabama to get the respect we want along with continuing to beat the teams that we did last year.
    I understand what you're saying buy I would say it in reverse. I think we need to beat the teams we beat and then beat Bama. Bama's not the issue...beating LSU & Auburn consistently is the issue. I know I've said this before, but think about this for a moment

17-14 Auburn beats MSU in vegas with Scam 5 years ago. Several missed opportunities including Corey missed pick 6.
    41-34 Auburn @ Aub after Ballard scores on the hurdle over the corner pylon no call late & the faux 4&1 Aub referee conversion
    28-10 MSU when Tyler lead us to an unprecedented dominating 7-0 start. Chizik is fired. Fans start to believe.
    24-20 Auburn on last play after several questionable no calls
    38-23 MSU where we dominated them in every phase. The only thing that stopped us that game was Mother Nature in the 2Q or we would've at least scored another 7 before half. 2015 Auburn won't be as good as 2014 Auburn. You made a comment about Howland being able to look Cal & Donovan in the eye unlike the other SEC ilk and I think Diaz = Muschamp under the same premise. That's why I think the Diaz hire is one of the top 2 offseason SEC storylines and people are just completely missing it. For a team that desperately needed a stud LB/DC coach, we got the best guy out there. Muschamp has done nice things at Texas/LSU/Aub where there are unlimited resources unlike Diaz

Win any of those 3 and we're where we are now as early as 2 years ago.

So, if I had to choose between beating Aub or Bama NEXT year, I pick beating Auburn b/c I think that gets MSU to back to back 9-0 starts and 3 of last 4 years starting at least 7-0 starts. Think about that. To me, I think that mirrors what TCU has done in the last 10 to legitimately get into the conversation and MSU, in half the time, kicks down the door and deserves to be into legitimate "perennial" lasting power discussions. Then, when you have numnuts like Aub homer, OM homer, LSU homer write the same annual derogatory MSU fball articles with the only difference between years is the publish date.....people with any sense (even Danny Kanell) call their b/s and Aub homer / OM homer / LSU homer lose credibility.

I just don't think Auburn's interior OL is going to be able to handle our 4 DTs in James, Jones, Adams, and Thomas. We are soooo deep at DE. Sooooo deep put her ass to sleep. Plus, Manny has matched up with Auburn (Malzahn) quite well, but the end of the day I think Johnson isn't nearly as mobile as what Gus has had in the past and that's going to change things for that offense. That big WR that pushed Taveze off of him leaving is huge. I just think a majority of Malzahn's offense happens within 3 yards of where the ball is snapped and a center replacing an overhyped former SEC center + a less mobile QB should be very concerning for War Eagle.

We beat Auburn next year, we're in Atlanta. That simple.

So, then what happens in 2016? MSU has Auburn @ home vs a Sr. Johnson. On the road vs the same shitty LSU qb. However, what other SEC West QB is going to match up with the Fitz / Staley combo? As sophomores, tell me. That's the article I can't wait to read from Aub homer / OM homer / LSU homer. Plus, I think either Ross or Wilson is back for his sr year if not both..all 3 of our RBs this year are back too mind you

Then, we start beating Bama.

I can't wait for fall.

vCash
    You all make compelling analysis of this annual BS. Maybe we eventually gain that respect but the best indication of future behavior is often past behavior. Seems every step we take, these 17ers just move the bar. It really reminds me of someone drawing a line on the ground and saying, "I dare you to step over this line." So we finally do. Then the process starts all over again. I swear one of these days we may win it all. But if so, instead of writing articles about how far MSU football has come, these 17ers will just opine about how much we are gonna lose, how much we will fall off the next year, and how all the usual suspects were "down" that year.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 04-23-2015 at 09:53 PM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    You all make compelling analysis of this annual BS. Maybe we eventually gain that respect but the best indication of future behavior is often past behavior. Seems every step we take, these 17ers just move the bar. It really reminds me of someone drawing a line on the ground and saying, "I dare you to step over this line." So we finally do. Then the process starts all over again. I swear one of these days we may win it all. But if so, instead of writing articles about how far MSU football has come, these 17ers will just opine about how much we are gonna lose, how much we will fall off the next year, and how all the usual suspects were "down" that year.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgHouseUnited View Post
    HA!!

That's exactly the cartoon I was picturing in my mind.

Bottom line really is that nobody wants us to be any good. Ever. We've been designated as supposed to be the whipping boy auto W that every conference/division has/needs. And we are not cooperating. They want us to go away.

It is revealed in their thought processes and the spew that then comes forth. We only supposed to get cute and go to a couple of bowl games once in a while not challenge for the conference. There also, we are not cooperating.

It's almost like they think if they say it, it will come true. I gripe. But that's on principle.

Truth is I don't mind us playing from the underdog POV. I like having something to prove in that we do better that way and always have.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 04-24-2015 at 11:25 AM.