Thread: Braves

vCash

Braves

Are playing well at the moment. Uggla since getting his contacts has been hitting around .300, Heyward has been ripping the ball the last month, and the pitching continues to be solid. Right now we have a 6.5 game lead over Washington, but Harper returns to their lineup tonight. After the break, we should get gattis and beachy back. I really like our chances to win the nl east.

Banned
    vCash
    Once Justin starts hitting again its gonna really take off.

vCash
    This is the year for us. Yall mark my words. Braves will win the pennant this year.

vCash
    It's going to be huge to win the division this year. For the obvious reason of not having to play a play-in game, but the BBTN guys seem to think both NL wild cards will come out of the Central- that's certainly the way it's shaking out in the first half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    Once Justin starts hitting again its gonna really take off.
    I agree. When Justin is hitting, we are very tough to pitch to

vCash
    BBTN can kiss my ass. Washington will get themselves into the WC hunt. They're wayyyy too talented not to. I know we've got a good lead, but it's going to be a battle to the end for the East.

I still say we're a better team with Schafer & Pastornicky in the lineup. We don't create enough runs without them in there. Too many Ks and too much reliance on the big fly.

I have no clue who Beachy will replace in the lineup. Medlen has the best ERA in baseball since last year's ASB. Teheran is pitching out of his mind. Huddy is a rotation lock. Minor has arguably been the ace. Maholm has bee solid and has no bullpen experience. Personally, I'd move Teheran, simply because he's got the least experience. Plus he's the best power arm in the rotation, which I think translates better to the bullpen. That said, my gut says we move Medlen back to the 'pen because he has experience out there.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    BBTN can kiss my ass. Washington will get themselves into the WC hunt. They're wayyyy too talented not to. I know we've got a good lead, but it's going to be a battle to the end for the East.

I still say we're a better team with Schafer & Pastornicky in the lineup. We don't create enough runs without them in there. Too many Ks and too much reliance on the big fly.

I have no clue who Beachy will replace in the lineup. Medlen has the best ERA in baseball since last year's ASB. Teheran is pitching out of his mind. Huddy is a rotation lock. Minor has arguably been the ace. Maholm has bee solid and has no bullpen experience. Personally, I'd move Teheran, simply because he's got the least experience. Plus he's the best power arm in the rotation, which I think translates better to the bullpen. That said, my gut says we move Medlen back to the 'pen because he has experience out there.
    You watch BBTN? MLB Network is FAR superior with much less bias. I only watch BBTN when I am in a hotel and they don't have MLB Network.

vCash
    Nope. I've pretty much lived on MLB Network since April, other than ESPN for State baseball. That's why I said "BBTN can kiss my ass." Although in fairness, I think BBTN is the best ESPN show. And they've got a lot of really good commentators - Kruk, Fielder, Larkin, and Sutcliffe are all outstanding. Hell, I miss Larkin on MLBN. Wish they'd bring him back and hire away Kruk.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Banned
    vCash
    Pastornicky is awful.

vCash
    Having some injury issues with the outfield, but we're still holding a 7 game lead. Hopefully as we get some players healthy we'll stretch the lead even more.