Thread: The Americans(FX T.V. series)

vCash

The Americans(FX T.V. series)

Anyone watching this show? I haven't seen a post about it.

vCash
    Yeah, the wife and myself have watched it since the first episode. We find it very intriguing and somewhat nostalgic, we are both in our late 50's and we were somewhat politically aware and kept up with world affairs. Find the show has a good story line, the actors are a good fit to the characters and the character chemistry is good. Don't much care for the 'Martha' storyline ( a little too hokey on that ), but the rest keeps us anticipating the next turns.
    Makes you wonder what really goes on in the world of international espionage and keeps me paranoid about the border and our current state of security.

vCash
    10-4 on that. I couldn't agree more. I'm glad to know someone else tunes in to this show. I've been wondering for a while if I was the only one. I was of the opinion last season that Philip would be the one to flip but now I'm not so sure.

vCash
    The scene where Elizabeth forced the old lady to eat those pills was powerful. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the daughter next season.

I DVR'd it and it cut off the last 11 minutes of the season finale! She was calling Father Tim and it cut off. What happened after that?

vCash
    Do you want to know or not? I'll tell you but don't want to spoil it for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    Do you want to know or not? I'll tell you but don't want to spoil it for you.
    Yes, please.

vCash
    It was a long drawn out scene with Paige telling Pastor Tim that her parents aren't who they say they are. She told him that they were Russian spy's and not to tell anyone, while her parents are watching the news and President Reagan speaking. Boom the season is over.

vCash
    I think Paige will end up killing Elizabeth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    I think Paige will end up killing Elizabeth.
    I could see this. I must say that I was a little shocked that she came right out and told the pastor what and who her parents were.

vCash
    Next season will start with the Rezidenture telling Phillip and Elizabeth about that phone conversation, no way their home isn't bugged.

Phillip is gonna end up flipping and taking Henry and Paige into witness protection. Ratting on Elizabeth and their handler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Next season will start with the Rezidenture telling Phillip and Elizabeth about that phone conversation, no way their home isn't bugged.

Phillip is gonna end up flipping and taking Henry and Paige into witness protection. Ratting on Elizabeth and their handler.
    Good call, I thought this for a couple seasons. This last season though I began seeing Elizabeth as a possible turn coat and Philip staying the coarse because of his other son who is still in USSR and the military.