Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - season 5 TELEVISION show thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    the last word he said was GHOST-he warged into Ghost. Might come back in a different body. thus a new actor.
    I really don't know how that would work. Bran is really strong and he only basically does it to Hodor who is simply minded. I would think it would be harder to take over someone's body who fought it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Supposedly Martin now has 2 people helping him with the book. He should get book 6 out but unless he completely changes how he writes, the remake of the show will come out before he finishes book 7 or 8. Whichever he ends on.
    Or 9 or 10. He needs an editor in the worst ****ing way. His endless manuscript shit wouldn't happen on my watch. I'd kick his ass to get it done and get the books out at a reasonable pace.

That said, unless I dreamed it, seems like I remember reading an article within the last few weeks that said as of now they plan to have TWoW out before Season 6 starts next season. No specific release date was mentioned, but it certainly sounded like it would happen, barring any major setbacks. Of course, with GRRM, that's entirely possible.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I read somewhere that he was trying to hit January before the show.

vCash
    I read somewhere that he was trying to hit January before the show.
    I read that somewhere to but I'm not holding my breath. I have been reading this series forever and he is the worst to promise a general release time and then fail to meet his deadline. From what I understand the last book was basically forced out by the publisher. He has WAY to many side projects and spends most of his time at scifi-fantasy conferences. I can imagine the TV show has just pushed him further back. I fully expect the TV show to end LOnG before the last book is out...if it EVER actually comes out...dude isn't exactly in good health...

vCash
    Hopefully with the show pushing him, he will actually get the book out. As much as everyone wants him to finish it, he has a lot of different things coming out. I wonder if he is dragging this shit out just to stay in the spotlight. He loves being famous.

vCash
    So apparently Jon Snow is in Belfast with the rest of the cast that film there. Doesn't prove he isn't dead or comes back to life but he is at least filming some scenes which could be flash back. I personally think Red Priestess brings him back to life.

Banned
    vCash
    So apparently Jon Snow is in Belfast with the rest of the cast that film there. Doesn't prove he isn't dead or comes back to life but he is at least filming some scenes which could be flash back. I personally think Red Priestess brings him back to life.
    She did flee Stannis' camp to get back to the Wall...

vCash
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s8L51JvwaVo

There goes my theory that Arthur Dayne is still alive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabo32 View Post

Because he's not!!! Rhaegar lives!!!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash

Ashara is the questionmark IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Because he's not!!! Rhaegar lives!!!
    "He would have killed me, if not for howland reed"...didn't think they would have howland reed stab Dayne in the back.

vCash
    "He would have killed me, if not for howland reed"...didn't think they would have howland reed stab Dayne in the back.
    Is it possible this is red herring?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    ttt... 2 weeks from today...

Has all of the ingredients to be the best season yet.

Bastard Bowl
    Back to River Run
    Stark reunion(s)
    Quiet Isle
    Kings Landing
    Kingsmoot
    Oldtown

vCash
    The trailers have me pumped. Tower of joy scene is gonna be badass

vCash
    See....here's the thing. I'm not pumped. That may come as a surprise to y'all, but instead I'm pissed. Parts of me want to scream that letting the show get ahead of GRRM is 50 shades or irresponsible. I want to read the book first. I don't want to learn stuff ahead of time. Now, that is simply a preference of course and of course everyone hasn't read the books and will therefore see the whole situation differently. I know WMD, engie, Dawgology, Tbone, Shelton, Cabo, Ruckus, BoomBoom, and others I'm not thinking of at the moment have read the series. I think tcdog and mcain31 have as well. How do y'all feel about the show going forward?

One reason I haven't expounded on my theories any more or on any more discussion from this great thread:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...f-Thrones-Show

....is that I've just lost some of the fire for it because of this crap. I feel like the show will be very different from the books going forward so I'm not sure what we can take from it. And the reason I'm pissed is that I think that's what GRRM has in mind!!!!! One reason we have all the red herring and loose ends in the books is because he so very much wants to surprise everyone with the ending. But when you drag it out for what is now DECADES, people figure stuff out. He has admitted to changing the ending many times because of this. He says he's just sticking with it as it is now, but I believe that "Skipper" is letting the show go forward so he can "surprise" everyone with the ending of the book. What I mean is as if you were to watch "the movie" about the Civil War and Union wins, but you go read "the book" about the Civil War and confederacy wins. I think he's gonna totally deviate from the show so he can have his blinking "Ahah" moment. And I just think that's boiling over into general douchebaggery. When you drag it out for twenty blinkin' years, of course some folks are going to figure it out GRRM!

In this case I consider the book to be canon. It seems that whatever is the original media is the canon and anything else is just artistic license. Much like in Star Wars, the ultimate canon is the movies. I'm really half tempted to watch the show and not buy/read his 17ing books. If he wants the show to get ahead of him, then by Mullen, the show shall be declared canon and we don't need your blasted late-a$$ books.

I can't decide which to do. Watch the show and just to hell with GRRM or wait around to read the books first in which case he'll probably die before he can publish them.

vCash
    See....here's the thing. I'm not pumped. That may come as a surprise to y'all, but instead I'm pissed. Parts of me want to scream that letting the show get ahead of GRRM is 50 shades or irresponsible. I want to read the book first. I don't want to learn stuff ahead of time. Now, that is simply a preference of course and of course everyone hasn't read the books and will therefore see the whole situation differently. I know WMD, engie, Dawgology, Tbone, Shelton, Cabo, Ruckus, BoomBoom, and others I'm not thinking of at the moment have read the series. I think tcdog and mcain31 have as well. How do y'all feel about the show going forward?

One reason I haven't expounded on my theories any more or on any more discussion from this great thread:

....is that I've just lost some of the fire for it because of this crap. I feel like the show will be very different from the books going forward so I'm not sure what we can take from it. And the reason I'm pissed is that I think that's what GRRM has in mind!!!!! One reason we have all the red herring and loose ends in the books is because he so very much wants to surprise everyone with the ending. But when you drag it out for what is now DECADES, people figure stuff out. He has admitted to changing the ending many times because of this. He says he's just sticking with it as it is now, but I believe that "Skipper" is letting the show go forward so he can "surprise" everyone with the ending of the book. What I mean is as if you were to watch "the movie" about the Civil War and Union wins, but you go read "the book" about the Civil War and confederacy wins. I think he's gonna totally deviate from the show so he can have his blinking "Ahah" moment. And I just think that's boiling over into general douchebaggery. When you drag it out for twenty blinkin' years, of course some folks are going to figure it out GRRM!

In this case I consider the book to be canon. It seems that whatever is the original media is the canon and anything else is just artistic license. Much like in Star Wars, the ultimate canon is the movies. I'm really half tempted to watch the show and not buy/read his 17ing books. If he wants the show to get ahead of him, then by Mullen, the show shall be declared canon and we don't need your blasted late-a$$ books.

I can't decide which to do. Watch the show and just to hell with GRRM or wait around to read the books first in which case he'll probably die before he can publish them.
    Totally feel where you're coming from, Bear. It sucks that his ass can't get the books out at a reasonable pace. If he has an editor, his editor sucks and needs to be fired. If he doesn't, he needs one yesterday. That said, last season put us ahead of the books on a couple of story lines.

I think we'll get to the same general ending, but I think "how" we get there could wind up being very different. We do know that GRRM has verbally told the producers the ending so they can finish the show if something ever happened to him. I think we'll get a couple of characters who are important in the books that aren't important to the show and vice versa. I think we all agree about Jon's heritage and he & Dany being the ultimate heroes of the story. And it's not really a spoiler if (when) Jon lives this season, because pretty much everyone has guessed he lives in the books, too. Hell, how they accomplish that is likely to be very different as well. I think we all expect Melisandre to play a part in the show, but she's nowhere near Castle Black in the books. She's out with Stannis fighting the Boltons.

I'll still read the books and enjoy them for this reason: GRRM can do things in the book that just aren't really practical for TV. Look at the Ser Baristan Selmy/Arstan Whitebeard arc. That was some epic storytelling in the books, but it was almost entirely cut from the show because everyone is going to recognize that Whitebeard is really Ser Baristan. Like you, I think I'll consider the books canon and GoT an adaptation. It just sucks that Fat Bastard isn't being made to stay ahead of the TV show. But as you point out, when you take a 10 year break between books and spend 20 years on the series as a whole....of course people are going to figure shit out and you're going to be behind any TV/movie deals you've made.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash

GRRM has already said he thought of a twist for the books that can't be done in the show because the person is dead in the show but not in the books. Maybe Rob's wife, that is the only person I can think of off the top of my head. I also like to read the books before watching the show but I will definitely watch the shows as they come out. At this point it has been so long since I read the books that I can't keep it straight in my head. I need to reread them but the books are so damn long it takes forever to finish it as GRRM talks about what they are eating for 3 pages.

vCash
    GRRM has already said he thought of a twist for the books that can't be done in the show because the person is dead in the show but not in the books. Maybe Rob's wife, that is the only person I can think of off the top of my head. I also like to read the books before watching the show but I will definitely watch the shows as they come out. At this point it has been so long since I read the books that I can't keep it straight in my head. I need to reread them but the books are so damn long it takes forever to finish it as GRRM talks about what they are eating for 3 pages.
    They aren't the same person.

Barristan
    Stannis
    Shireen
    Selyse
    Mance
    Greatjon(apparently)
    Pyp and Grenn
    Myranda(she's a Sansa competitor in the Vale in the books)
    etc...

This is a huge divergence from the books. They aren't even the same thing anymore. This 10 hours is going to put them "within 10-13 hours" of a completed story. I felt like last season was a lot of filler -- but this year is going to get us to the end game prettymuch. It's going to close prettymuch all of the open storylines IMO -- many of which have been dangling prettymuch since the beginning.

vCash
    Well Sansa joining up with Brienne. I wonder where they go. Dorne is getting interesting but I honestly don't care about much else than the Wall. The red woman at the end, I can't decide if the necklace just makes her look young or if it makes her young. She looked very dejected when she saw Jon dead. Not sure if she was laying down to die at the end.

vCash
    All I've got to say is, "I wish I hadn't seen Melissandre's true form." I can't unsee that
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006