Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - season 5 TELEVISION show thread

vCash
    Now THAT was an episode! Wow my adrenaline is pumping. Prettymuch jumped out of my seat when the magic of Valyrian Steel was finally proven true. That was extremely well done. First real spoiler from Winds of Winter, I believe...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Now THAT was an episode! Wow my adrenaline is pumping. Prettymuch jumped out of my seat when the magic of Valyrian Steel was finally proven true. That was extremely well done. First real spoiler from Winds of Winter, I believe...
    I just watched it on Dvr. Very cool to see purpose of valerian steel confirmed. Long suspected but not yet confirmed in books. Makes me wonder if the whole hardhome sequence is moved up. Wonder if it will go down like that in WoW. Great episode. Glad to see the Others finally get scary.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Badass. I had been missing Walking Dead lately.

I'm rooting for two things: 1) for the Kaleesi/Tyrion camp, and 2) for people to stop talking about the books.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post

I'm rooting for two things: 1) for the Kaleesi/Tyrion camp, and 2) for people to stop talking about the books.
    We kind of moved the discussion with spoilers over to the ASOIAF theory thread. Sorry Flab. ONe can get to commenting on the show and then launch right into something related from the books. I'm as guilty as any.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash

I feel you on this one. I read the books (several times) and can't stop combining the two in discussion BUT....for the first time the series moved past the books (partially) in this episode created a new storyline in part. I FINALLY got to experience what the "non-book" people have been experiencing. It increased the enjoyment of this episode 100%. In fact, I will probably stop reading the books until the show comes to an end.

vCash
    Finally all caught up. The "Walker" kids were creepy as hell. But you had to know what's-her-face was dead the moment she told her daughter she had to go but she'd be back. Valyrian steel's purpose being revealed was cool, but not that surprising. Now the question is can they figure out how to make more or get as much of the existing Valyrian weapons to the Wall as fast as possible? The Hardhome sequence was epic, and the scenes with the giant made me laugh. The obsidian getting burned up sucks, but I don't see it as a big loss. I'll have to re-read, but I don't remember there being a big battle there in the books (sorry, Flab). Nice to see the actual Walkers start to become a real threat and get all sorts of creepy. The staredown with Jon at the end was awesome.

I was wondering if they were still going to send Sam to Old Town or not, but I lean toward the theory that John will send him away from the Wall at some point in these last two episodes. I'm still wondering what role Sam has to play in everything.

Freaking love the interactions between Tyrion and Dany. I just wonder what Jorah's game is. Is he going to attempt to assassinate her at the games? Lover scorned and all that jazz. Still can't wait to see her learn how to control the dragons and go back to Westeros. She's definitely the wild card in all of this, as she should arrive with a HUGE army of Unsullied, Essos commoners, sellswords, and Dothraki. As for Tyrion, he's in his element with the intrigues of court politics. It'll be interesting to see how he improves Dany's ability to rule and if he can figure out the Sons of the Harpy business.

I can't wait to see if Theon really does turn on Ramsay. I think Sansa is starting to break through his Reek identity and reaching what's left of Theon. And the battle at Winterfell between the Boltons and Stannis should be awesome, too.

As I said in the book thread, I'm not overly worried about the changes being made tv-versus-books. While they're definitely getting to the same ending, I think they will do it in relatively different fashions for several reasons. Among them is to keep book readers surprised, but also give us/them a reason to buy the books and read them after the show ends. GRRM isn't putting all the effort into some of the various book subplots just to torpedo them. Sansa and the Vale immediately come to mind. Plus, he can do things in the books that aren't very practical in a tv show format. The Arstan Whitebeard/Barristan Selmy gimmick is a good example. Think of it as driving to a destination but taking separate routes on the trip. Another reason there are so many changes is the sheer amount of minor characters and subplots. Some have to be combined, changed, or eliminated altogether for the tv show's budget to be even semi-reasonable. Having to cast so many little players just to kill them off in 2-3 episodes would get way too expensive in a big hurry. Personally, I expect I'll enjoy both versions for what they are.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Wow. Danny T is officially a badass. And Stanis is a monster.

And John Snow breathed a sigh of relief. I thought for a second the wouldn't be let inside.

vCash
    That episode got me riled up. Somebody needs to kill Melisandre. She reminds me of the Evil Witch Queen from Kull the Conqueror
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    You know nothing, John Snow. I figure Sam knew. That's why he left.

What army is circling Kaleesie?

Cersei Lanister. 😮

vCash

Cersei Lanister. ��
    She used a body double, lol. Her face was CGI'd over the other person's.

I know, I'm a debby downer.

vCash
    It was interesting how Sam going to the Citadel was backwards from the book. Jon had to convince Sam to leave and get Gilly away from the wall but tonight Sam was begging Jon to leave. Same thing happened but interesting to see a difference from the book and show. I guess without the other baby at the wall in the book it changes the situation.

vCash
    That was the dothraki army

vCash
    Kit says he ain't coming back. So, so much for the Jon Snow theory maybe....http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14...dies-interview

vCash
    It was reported that Kit has already renegotiated his contract for season 7.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Guess we'll have to wait 2 years. Consensus is he won't return for season 6.

vCash
    I half expected dead Snow's eyes to suddenly turn blue, indicating he's being re-animated by a white walker.

vCash
    Supposedly Martin now has 2 people helping him with the book. He should get book 6 out but unless he completely changes how he writes, the remake of the show will come out before he finishes book 7 or 8. Whichever he ends on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Kit says he ain't coming back. So, so much for the Jon Snow theory maybe....http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14...dies-interview
    the last word he said was GHOST-he warged into Ghost. Might come back in a different body. thus a new actor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    She used a body double, lol. Her face was CGI'd over the other person's.

I know, I'm a debby downer.
    Makes me lose a lot of respect for her as an actress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    Makes me lose a lot of respect for her as an actress.
    I think she was noticeably pregnant so a body double was necessary. Seems I heard that anyway.