Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - season 5 TELEVISION show thread

vCash
    He compared it to the best selling book series of all time? Neat.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    Well that last scene was pretty much the worst of the series...

I'm guessing Bronn is finished..which, if that's the case..so is much of my interest in the show...dammit I hate that they kill the best characters

vCash
    This season has been shit...

"We are making Sansa a player -- so let's send her to the one place worse for her than King's Landing, give her a couple snazzy lines, and then let Ramsay Bolton rape her. That'll show her prowess." You can't give back what they took from her as a character tonight. Too stupid to actually pull for.

6 episodes in -- and zero glances at the endgame. Oh, I take it back -- Stannis talked to Sam about dragonglass. Bunch of bs with nothing really happening.
    Last edited by engie; 05-17-2015 at 09:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    This season has been shit...

"We are making Sansa a player -- so let's send her to the one place worse for her than King's Landing, give her a couple snazzy lines, and then let Ramsay Bolton rape her. That'll show her prowess." You can't give back what they took from her as a character tonight. Too stupid to actually pull for.

6 episodes in -- and zero glances at the endgame. Oh, I take it back -- Stannis talked to Sam about dragonglass. Bunch of bs with nothing really happening.
    Yeah, my wife, who hasn't read the books, said she is done with the show after Sansa was raped. I'm sure Theons storyline here will remain intact, but I wonder if Stannis is still gonna stop by Deepwood Motte?
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    "Yara" Greyjoy is supposed to be in next week's episode. Don't remember if she's in Deepwood Motte in the show or not, but it seems pretty safe to assume that her/theon's storylines are staying.

Sansa needs to be serving Ramsey pie in the next episode for that whole thing to have made any sense whatsoever.

vCash
    Sand Sankes sucked last night. They are supposed to be bad ass. Of course in the books, they are plotting to put the princess on the throne, not kill her.

I knew what was coming up with Sansa (Jenye) last night and it still made me sick at my stomach. I'm glad they left out Reek's part in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    Sand Sankes sucked last night. They are supposed to be bad ass. Of course in the books, they are plotting to put the princess on the throne, not kill her.

I knew what was coming up with Sansa (Jenye) last night and it still made me sick at my stomach. I'm glad they left out Reek's part in it.
    They are destroying everything this season. The concision that has made the show enjoyable(if still less than the books) is gone. Now it seems to be just a bunch of pointless, rampant "shock" moments that do nothing to serve the plot. We know they are possibly important to the endgame, since they stayed in, but if we've got characters making 180s and plotlines being completely pointless(Sansa in the Eyrie for instance), then are they really important?

Why kill off Barristan?
    Why completely change the characterization of Ellaria? Her anti-vengeance role in the books fit her early characterization. This "I'm pissed off and we're going to kill this girl" doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
    Why send Sansa to Winterfell by herself in order to be a victim again? She had the whole f'n Vale behind her. She was in a position of power. Now, she's back to being a victim.
    Why send Jamie to Dorne? Cersei thinking oh, hey, we've been at war for years -- I'm going to totally piss off our strongest/only real allies, without a single true military commander still under my command(Kevan basically having already told her to F off) so let me send my only true ally who is a pin stroke from Tommen away from being Warden of the West and Lord of Casterly Rock as far away from here as I possibly can. That'll show them".

The show has been interesting to me because the maneuvering almost always made common sense. Now, I'm not seeing it.

Sand Snakes are a horrible bit of casting. I have enjoyed Areo Hotah's representation though...

vCash
    I think we will end up seeing Sansa take her revenge from her post. Someone else on here posted one time and I agree - Bran Stark ends up being the ultimate villain in all of this.

vCash
    I think the "bittersweet" ending is that we will get the Starks reunited, but they will all be "broken" in their own ways. Bran will be the quintessential Stark, as Bloodraven was the quintessential and unapologetic Targ. Made questionable decisions for the greater good even when he knew they would punish him and vilify him for it.

Think the theme of the whole story is that there is no pure good or evil. You have Fire vs Ice -- and they will essentially be two sides of the same coin. Its crazy that a story like this is 75%ish told -- and no one has a clue where it is actually going to end up...

vCash
    They are destroying everything this season. The concision that has made the show enjoyable(if still less than the books) is gone. Now it seems to be just a bunch of pointless, rampant "shock" moments that do nothing to serve the plot. We know they are possibly important to the endgame, since they stayed in, but if we've got characters making 180s and plotlines being completely pointless(Sansa in the Eyrie for instance), then are they really important?

Why kill off Barristan?
    Why completely change the characterization of Ellaria? Her anti-vengeance role in the books fit her early characterization. This "I'm pissed off and we're going to kill this girl" doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
    Why send Sansa to Winterfell by herself in order to be a victim again? She had the whole f'n Vale behind her. She was in a position of power. Now, she's back to being a victim.
    Why send Jamie to Dorne? Cersei thinking oh, hey, we've been at war for years -- I'm going to totally piss off our strongest/only real allies, without a single true military commander still under my command(Kevan basically having already told her to F off) so let me send my only true ally who is a pin stroke from Tommen away from being Warden of the West and Lord of Casterly Rock as far away from here as I possibly can. That'll show them".

The show has been interesting to me because the maneuvering almost always made common sense. Now, I'm not seeing it.

Sand Snakes are a horrible bit of casting. I have enjoyed Areo Hotah's representation though...
    the sad result is how typical TV production tropes have taken precedence over the outline they were given. they knew 5 years before they started that Theon would have no story for a couple of seasons, yet when they signed an unknown for the part they didn't write that into the contract, and thus had to create pointless scenes for him to keep him under contract?? you knew Lady Stoneheart required relegating a character to nothing for a season, and you didn't plan on it?? you couldn't film it while under contract and air it later? are you kidding me? and so forth. bottom line they produced it like a typical show. for a couple seasons the source material outshined that limitation, but starting with the 2nd season finale it did not. they have planned within the season only, like a typical show, not with forethought like they should have. hence Sansa taking one turn at the end of season 4 and a complete 180 in season 5. they didn't think ahead to season 5! i'm currently wondering how the Cersei walking scene comes to be. the setup for it isn't there at all. will probably be some stupid one-off reason rather than the 2 seasons of lead up it could have been.

vCash
    IMO Cersei is going to walk because fanatic Lancel is about to spill the beans.

One thing I saw online and liked -- the pendant that sent Jamie scrambling to Dorne may be Cersei's and not Myrcela's. If Myr still has hers, Jamie will know Cersei manipulated him for her own ends, at which point he probably starts asking Bronn questions he doesn't want the true answer to, and sets events in motion for his abandonment of her. Cersei and to a lesser degree Tyrion is all "show" Jamie has ever fought for -- what is his motivation for staying alive and what is the point in his character when that is gone?

vCash
    IMO Cersei is going to walk because fanatic Lancel is about to spill the beans.

One thing I saw online and liked -- the pendant that sent Jamie scrambling to Dorne may be Cersei's and not Myrcela's. If Myr still has hers, Jamie will know Cersei manipulated him for her own ends, at which point he probably starts asking Bronn questions he doesn't want the true answer to, and sets events in motion for his abandonment of her. Cersei and to a lesser degree Tyrion is all "show" Jamie has ever fought for -- what is his motivation for staying alive and what is the point in his character when that is gone?
    That never dawned on me. It makes sense because Cersei thinks she can rule without any help. With the Faith Militant she wouldn't want Jamie around. She may have just decided to get rid of a witness who could turn against her. Jamie freeing Tyrion who she thinks will try to kill her could have been unforgiveable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    the sad result is how typical TV production tropes have taken precedence over the outline they were given. they knew 5 years before they started that Theon would have no story for a couple of seasons, yet when they signed an unknown for the part they didn't write that into the contract, and thus had to create pointless scenes for him to keep him under contract?? you knew Lady Stoneheart required relegating a character to nothing for a season, and you didn't plan on it?? you couldn't film it while under contract and air it later? are you kidding me? and so forth. bottom line they produced it like a typical show. for a couple seasons the source material outshined that limitation, but starting with the 2nd season finale it did not. they have planned within the season only, like a typical show, not with forethought like they should have. hence Sansa taking one turn at the end of season 4 and a complete 180 in season 5. they didn't think ahead to season 5! i'm currently wondering how the Cersei walking scene comes to be. the setup for it isn't there at all. will probably be some stupid one-off reason rather than the 2 seasons of lead up it could have been.
    This^

They should've approached this whole thing with the idea that they were shooting one longa$$ movie that would be shown one episode at a time.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    "Yara" Greyjoy is supposed to be in next week's episode. Don't remember if she's in Deepwood Motte in the show or not, but it seems pretty safe to assume that her/theon's storylines are staying.

Sansa needs to be serving Ramsey pie in the next episode for that whole thing to have made any sense whatsoever.
    "Yara" definitely was in Deepwood Motte after the North fell. Of course there was no rescue attempt in the book so she never left except for the moot. But in the show they showed her counseling with her Father back in the Iron Islands. I think it can be assumed that she probably returned to Deepwood Motte in the show. I can't really think of any reason for her to remain in the show continuity unless the Stannis-North storyline is going to go forward more or less normally.

vCash
    Well, The Gift was finally an excellent tv episode I thought. Still take issues with the premise that has put certain characters into their situations. But this one at least made most of those situations interesting.

vCash
    This episode was definitely one of the better ones this year. I am interested to see what they do with Sam and Gilly. They eliminated the plot line from the book so what are they going to do with them? Any time Tyrion is on seems to be the best scenes. I am very interested for how Dany handles having a Lannister in front of her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    This episode was definitely one of the better ones this year. I am interested to see what they do with Sam and Gilly. They eliminated the plot line from the book so what are they going to do with them? Any time Tyrion is on seems to be the best scenes. I am very interested for how Dany handles having a Lannister in front of her.
    If they are eliminating the Citadel storyline, then I would imagine it could be possible for Sam and Gilly to end up on some mission to Essos. Maybe they end up with Danaerys instead of in Oldtown? Take Maestor Aemon with them? She's his family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    If they are eliminating the Citadel storyline, then I would imagine it could be possible for Sam and Gilly to end up on some mission to Essos. Maybe they end up with Danaerys instead of in Oldtown? Take Maestor Aemon with them? She's his family.
    They burned his body so I don't know about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    They burned his body so I don't know about that.
    Heh. That's what I get for posting before watching the latest episode!

Maybe a nice urn with a dragon and a crow combatant emblazened on it!?

vCash
    I think maybe Jon sends Sam to the Citadel before all hell breaks loose at the wall. I read where it looked like they were casting for OldTown which is where Sam was taking Gilly so they just probably eliminated the boat trip for them.