Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biloxi Shuckers

vCash

Biloxi Shuckers

In case you haven't noticed, and by the lack of threads here you haven't, the Shuckers have started off very well. The Club started the history book last night in Pensacola with a win, 4-0. Right now, T4 it's 7-1 Shuckers.

Yesterday started their 55-game road trip. MGM Park won't be done (hopefully) until sometime in the Summer. Should be a cool joint to catch a game.

-JB

vCash
    I had a dozen oysters at lunch today in celebration.

vCash
    Game called due to rain. Shuckers 7, Blue Wahoos 1.

Shuckers now 2-0. Gotta like that start.

vCash
    I'm very happy for the city of Biloxi. This has been a long time coming- they would have had a team sooner had it not been for Katrina. I hate that their ballpark has been delayed- but it will be worth it in the end.

vCash
    The Shuckers' bats are cookin'....6-1 Biloxi.

Headed to Bottom of the 8th.

vCash
    Shuckers is a terrible name.

vCash
    Yeah it was a bad name choice, but it is what it is at this point.

vCash
    Just don't get drunk, and start a conversation about the Shuckers or their Mothers. It would be a perfect set up for a slip of the tongue.

vCash
    Mother Cluckers in Pass Christian should host Mother Shuckers night

vCash
    Yeppers, what a game for the announcers to call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, and by the lack of threads here you haven't, the Shuckers have started off very well. The Club started the history book last night in Pensacola with a win, 4-0. Right now, T4 it's 7-1 Shuckers.

Yesterday started their 55-game road trip. MGM Park won't be done (hopefully) until sometime in the Summer. Should be a cool joint to catch a game.

-JB

yep ... stadium is looking nice ( well behind schedule). Blackjack then a ballgame within an easy stroll of each other. I hear they are from the Twins organization - gonna try to get into them but being a life long Braves fan may slow the progress
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    yep ... stadium is looking nice ( well behind schedule). Blackjack then a ballgame within an easy stroll of each other. I hear they are from the Twins organization - gonna try to get into them but being a life long Braves fan may slow the progress
    They're a Brewers affiliate. I'm a lifelong Braves fan too...but I'm from the coast...and the MS Braves hat looks like a Mississippi (UM) hat. So I chose Biloxi.

vCash
    thanks for the correction ... I knew that but always get those 2 northern teams confused
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Everybody thinks of the rhyming word when they hear "Shuckers" the first time. I think the criticism of the name is overblown. If you're looking for an opportunity to use profanity, I'm sure you'll easily find one. "Shuckers" is not my name of choice, but it is relevant to our area and it's not just a trigger for F-word jokes.

As far as the stadium goes, it is beautiful. Biloxi is deep in debt because of it, and it should have been on city land, but it is a magnificent structure that has a chance to spur development in downtown Biloxi, Biloxi oozes culture and history. Let the Shuckers help bring it out.

vCash
    What level of ball are the Shuckers? They aren't the same level as the M Braves are they? Higher or lower?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    What level of ball are the Shuckers? They aren't the same level as the M Braves are they? Higher or lower?
    Both are AA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Both are in the same league the Southern League. It might start a little rivalry. I remember back when Jackson had the Bandits hockey team and the Sea Wolves from the Gulf Coast had some pretty intense games- including an all out brawl on Church night.

vCash
    It seems like a fun league, my parents go to a lot of Mississippi Braves games and they have always said it was fun. I'm looking forward to taking the kids to some Shuckers games as soon as they get the stadium finished.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    It seems like a fun league, my parents go to a lot of Mississippi Braves games and they have always said it was fun. I'm looking forward to taking the kids to some Shuckers games as soon as they get the stadium finished.
    Drive up Callivet Street and you can see how amazing the stadium is going to be. It's great. My fear is that many interested people like myself will only be able to make a few games a season. Not many people are in a position to go to 20 or more games in a season. There's a lot of competing entertainment in South Mississippi. Also, they need to find something regular to use the stadium for other than baseball because it won't be used more than every few month or so otherwise. Still, the stadium will be a tremendous asset to the community over the long haul. I hope it can establish itself short term as well. The negativity on the money, the name and such, all small stuff, but it gets added up if it goes on long enough. Need some positive vibes. Go Shuckers!

vCash
    So, we've been pretty good...I wonder if Milwaukee loaded the Biloxi team because of the issues with the stadium (idiot MS politics, etc). I've listened to nearly every game, and when they go down the lineup, nearly every man is a "brewers top prospect". I can't wait to get my ass in a seat at MGM Park.

The Shuckers dropped the Friday double-header to the Mobile Bay-Bears, both games. We won last night...currently leading in T2 3-0. Go Shuckers!

This series will be a good test...Mobile is a pretty good team, at the top, last I checked.