Thread: TSUN and winning the recruiting battle....

vCash

TSUN and winning the recruiting battle....

So I live in Charleston SC and was out around town on Saturday and overheard a couple of preppy lookin 60 year olds talking about mississippi. Being the proud former resident of the state I asked them where they were from and tried to start a nice conversation. About 30 seconds into it, the guy with his sweater tied around his neck asked if we were State or Ole Miss fans.......and his response was a smug little grunt when i said State. Well next he said how great a year both of us had and then looked at me and said "Did you know we are already getting commitments for 2016 and right now Ole Miss' class is ranked number one in the nation??!!" Im not sure if they are or not and really dont give a crap......but really?? heck of a conversation starter for a fellow Mississippian just trying to be friendly.........

vCash
    You should have started the conversation with "I'm with Dan the Man". Blown their minds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    You should have started the conversation with "I'm with Dan the Man". Blown their minds.
    Na, you should've asked them how crushed they were when the state of Mississippi finally got around to ratifying the 13th Amendment***

vCash
    DGAF tbh...

vCash
    My response: "the 80's called and wanted their clothes back". Or, "I didn't know the Rogue was having their semi-annual sale".

vCash
    I shit you not:

i had one tell me in the same paragraph yesterday that our baseball attendance records dont mean anything yet Ole Missus is awesome because of The Grooooooove. Those people are just hilarious and sad
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The Thicket must be a magical place. It transforms people into a species of people the world has never seen.

vCash
    What's funny is how they exaggerate things in their favor. Ole Miss does not have the #1 ranked class in any of the 3 recruiting sites (Scout, 247, Rivals). In fact, they aren't ranked higher than 3 in any of them.

vCash
    You should've told them that we haven't had a top 10 class in over a decade (I don't think, maybe longer, or ever...), but were actually the first ever team to be ranked #1 by the new college football committee.

It's amazing to me that those recruiting rankings mean so much to their entire fan base.

vCash
    Just don't talk about the battle they continue to fight, though they lost it on this day 150 years ago....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_...ox_Court_House

And the "smug grin" after telling them you're a State grad sounds familiar. I can't believe I'm two states away and I still have to put up with that garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson92 View Post
    Just don't talk about the battle they continue to fight, though they lost it on this day 150 years ago....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_...ox_Court_House

And the "smug grin" after telling them you're a State grad sounds familiar. I can't believe I'm two states away and I still have to put up with that garbage.
    Insults the Rebs and gives a history lesson?

+2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    I'd have loved to seen their faces if you said, "That's awesome! How many weeks were you ranked number 1 in the country last year?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Dawg View Post
    I'd have loved to seen their faces if you said, "That's awesome! How many weeks were you ranked number 1 in the country last year?"
    +1
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmdawg View Post
    So I live in Charleston SC and was out around town on Saturday and overheard a couple of preppy lookin 60 year olds talking about mississippi. Being the proud former resident of the state I asked them where they were from and tried to start a nice conversation. About 30 seconds into it, the guy with his sweater tied around his neck asked if we were State or Ole Miss fans.......and his response was a smug little grunt when i said State. Well next he said how great a year both of us had and then looked at me and said "Did you know we are already getting commitments for 2016 and right now Ole Miss' class is ranked number one in the nation??!!" Im not sure if they are or not and really dont give a crap......but really?? heck of a conversation starter for a fellow Mississippian just trying to be friendly.........

I met a Bear about 3 years ago while at a soccer tourn for my daughter. Was at BWW in Memphis, thru a mutual friend, she introduced me to him. It was a Saturday night. lots of footballs games on. He had his GROVE attire on at BWW. Button down Shirt, Khakis, Penny loafers and get this A SWEATER TIED AROUND HIS WAIST!!!!

Well of course i had to make fun of him to our mutual friend. She says she sees nothing wrong with his attire. I said well, if i came in to BWW with overalls on I bet you would say something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Dawg View Post
    +2 I've been over here in Greenville, SC all week on business and have been sporting my M-State stuff and getting some odd looks... About half and half cocks and tigers, but not a bear in sight. Was downtown tonight at the Thursday concert deal and ate at the Roost, (I think that's the name) a pretty trendy upscale type of restaurant, and saw a guy get tackled and tazed by four cops in the restaurant bar. Not really the type place you would see this kind of activity. They led him out the back kind of where we were sitting and I swear the guy had on a Bama hat. At least looked like what the cop was carrying. This was my first time out in the "downtown" area. Let's just say it was a "metropolitan" area. I almost felt like I was in the grove, if you know what I mean, except a little more liberal. I felt a little out of place....
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    covered up with that shit in augusta. Saw some good MSU folk there also, talked to a few, waved to a couple more. Whichever one of y'all were wearing the blue jeans needs a check tho.