Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1419

Thread: Braves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    5:48 PM
    @DOBrienAJC
    #Braves promoted CF Mallex Smith to Triple-A after he hit .340 w/ .418 OBP, .830 OPS & 23 SB (6 CS) in 57 games at Double-A Mississippi

Congrats Mallex.

Interesting that we've been playing peraza in cf and we promote Mallex there. My guess is we're shopping peraza
    Yeah, this obviously ends the Peraza-in-CF experiment. I think we either need to call him up to play 3B or switch him back to SS if we're planning on dealing him. They may still be waiting to get more of a look at Peterson, but they seem to have determined Peterson is the future at 2B. And with Albies coming, you can take that risk; even if Peterson slides in the next year or two, Albies should be ready by then to take over.

I think Peraza's best value to us at this point is clearly in a trade. I would try to package him and a SP prospect (Jenkins, Sanchez, Banuelos) and maybe something else smaller, like Eury Perez, and see what you can get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yeah, this obviously ends the Peraza-in-CF experiment. I think we either need to call him up to play 3B or switch him back to SS if we're planning on dealing him. They may still be waiting to get more of a look at Peterson, but they seem to have determined Peterson is the future at 2B. And with Albies coming, you can take that risk; even if Peterson slides in the next year or two, Albies should be ready by then to take over.

I think Peraza's best value to us at this point is clearly in a trade. I would try to package him and a SP prospect (Jenkins, Sanchez, Banuelos) and maybe something else smaller, like Eury Perez, and see what you can get.
    Lf, 3b, or c

vCash
    Lf, 3b, or c
    Yeah, those are the obvious targets. I'd prefer to get a RF and switch Markakis to LF, but a LF will be easier to get.

Maybin, Peraza, Jenkins, and Ruiz for Rendon? I don't know if that's enough, but I'd do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yeah, those are the obvious targets. I'd prefer to get a RF and switch Markakis to LF, but a LF will be easier to get.

Maybin, Peraza, Jenkins, and Ruiz for Rendon? I don't know if that's enough, but I'd do it.
    Nice dream. Rendon is untouchable or should be

vCash
    This offense without FF is hard to watch. This is going to be one long dl stint

vCash
    Fredi bites us again. Miller leads off inning with walk. Rendon up who is 5 for his last 6 and fredi plays 3b in expecting a bunt. Ball bounces over 3b's head on what would've been a DP ball.

Hey fredi, you're the only idiot this side of Cohen that would bunt rendon there. 1-0 nats and that'll be enough. Fredi is too stupid to coach mlb

vCash
    Another stupid move by fredi...telling Terdo to tag on that fly out. Terrible coaching**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Another stupid move by fredi...telling Terdo to tag on that fly out. Terrible coaching**
    I actually think terry Pendleton sent him. You know TP is right in his ear on that flyball. No way a slow rookie goes with his 1b coach telling him no.

vCash
    I actually think terry Pendleton sent him. You know TP is right in his ear on that flyball. No way a slow rookie goes with his 1b coach telling him no.
    No way in my mind does TP send him there. That's all on the runner anyway. The fact that he was even tagging there was absolute dumbassedry. Get what you can get, which would be a step shy of 2nd, and of it falls you score. I like Terdo by that was awful baseball. Joe was rite on with what he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    No way in my mind does TP send him there. That's all on the runner anyway. The fact that he was even tagging there was absolute dumbassedry. Get what you can get, which would be a step shy of 2nd, and of it falls you score. I like Terdo by that was awful baseball. Joe was rite on with what he said.
    So terdo sees flyball and comes back to base... Is TP telling him no? If TP is telling him no and terdo goes anyway, send him down

vCash
    Are we seriously walking Danny Espinosa to get to span?!!!! Good grief, I hate this. So if we get span, the nats' hottest hitter (rendon) gets to hit. I don't get it...

vCash
    Oh and lefties are hitting .314 against avilan

vCash
    So terdo sees flyball and comes back to base... Is TP telling him no? If TP is telling him no and terdo goes anyway, send him down
    Good question...I'm sure he's thinking there's no way he's actually going to try to advance. With the entire play unfolding in from of the runner I would assume it's on him...he just made a horrible decision.

vCash
    Are we seriously walking Danny Espinosa to get to span?!!!! Good grief, I hate this. So if we get span, the nats' hottest hitter (rendon) gets to hit. I don't get it...
    Ok rendon had come out. I still didn't think it was a good move, but not as bad now

vCash
    Well I can't criticize what worked. Good job, avilan and fredi (spit) haha

vCash
    Mallex smith debut...
    0-3 rbi, run, bb, k

Also had a fielding error

vCash
    Well if we lose tomorrow, hart might as well crank up the sale of veteran players. The one player we absolutely couldn't afford to lose is out and you see what it means to our offense

vCash
    I don't think it's time to sell off yet, but we could be able to get some pretty good return if we're willing to part with Maybin and Grilli.

vCash
    3 runs in our last 31 innings. Throw out Saturday (obvious outlier) and we've scored 7 runs in 5 games. FF is obviously missed

vCash
    Nice dream. Rendon is untouchable or should be
    Probably, but this is part of the problem with going with almost solely pitching in the minors. Fans talk about being able to trade these guys for hitters, but what kind of legit young hitters are available?

We need a C, 3B, and OF going into 2016-2017, as you said. But we're either not going to be able to just sign somebody at these spots, or doing so will leave us with some bad deals.

Kyle Seager is a potential option at 3B in a trade, but his contract skyrockets in 2018. Arenado is untouchable. It's going to be tough.

I might go as far as Maybin, Peraza, Wood, Folty, and Ruiz in an offer for Rendon. If that didn't do it, then our best bet may just be to put Peraza at 3B for next year and bring back Uribe as insurance.