Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I'm not counting on Minor after he missed ST last year with a shoulder and bombed. Stults could be a decent 5, but I think there's a really good chance we could see Folty or Banuelos before the season is over. Still don't know why we cut Wandy after he kicked ass in ST, but I'll trust the front office. Still think we're going to need another bat to protect Freeman, but I don't see us making a move for one.

Peterson is just keeping 2B warm until Peraza is ready in May or June. I can't wait to see what he can do.
    Wisler (kimbrel trade) is probably ahead of folty and banuelos. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or 2 of them by season end.

Unless we do surprisingly contend for wildcard, I expect minor gone by all star break. Hopefully minor comes back strong

vCash
    Unbelievable start for the Braves. Wouldn't have guessed we'd win 4 straight all year.

And that play by Simmons was probably the best play I've ever seen a SS make. Just completely ridiculous.

vCash
    I've been very critical of fredi, but he's doing a great job with this team so far.

vCash
    I love this team. Could this team be like the '91 team? Really good, young pitching staff and a good mix of young and veteran position players

vCash
    They are doing work right now. I will be interested to see how they handle a bit of adversity. I did tell my dad last week they had the look of the worst to first team.

vCash
    No doubt this team has some resemblance to the early division winning teams. For the record I don't expect this hot streak to lead to anything more than a .500 record BUT it will be interesting to see what happens when/if this team is within striking distance of a wild card at the end of July. Because I imagine some of the vets, especially Johnson and grilli, will garner a lot of interest and could bring in even more young talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    No doubt this team has some resemblance to the early division winning teams. For the record I don't expect this hot streak to lead to anything more than a .500 record BUT it will be interesting to see what happens when/if this team is within striking distance of a wild card at the end of July. Because I imagine some of the vets, especially Johnson and grilli, will garner a lot of interest and could bring in even more young talent.
    If we are in contention at the deadline, will we make a trade to contend?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we are in contention at the deadline, will we make a trade to contend?
    No.

On another note, Flow Chart Fredi blew another game today. He is the BJ Upton of managers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    No.

On another note, Flow Chart Fredi blew another game today. He is the BJ Upton of managers.
    Jamie needs to be let go of immediately. If you can't throw strikes, you can't pitch in mlb
    Last edited by msstate7; 04-12-2015 at 03:49 PM.

vCash
    Gattis has 18 ab's 11 k's

.000 avg .000 obp .000 everything

Yikes

vCash
    So a guy has a scoreless inning his las time out and because he can't find the zone today it's Fredi's fault? Gimme a break...

I'm not a fredi apologist, nor a fredi hater, but statements like that are examples of dumbassedry at it's finest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    So a guy has a scoreless inning his las time out and because he can't find the zone today it's Fredi's fault? Gimme a break...

I'm not a fredi apologist, nor a fredi hater, but statements like that are examples of dumbassedry at it's finest.
    We really had no choice but to trust Jamie today. Johnson needed a day off. I just think we can do better than Jamie. He's pitched 2 innings and has 3 bb and 1 intentional pass. The knock on Jamie is and always has been throwing strikes. Time to move on imo...

vCash
    The fault for today falls on whoever made the decision to have Jaime on the roster. Don't know who that was.

With him on the roster, it would have been tough to go to anyone else today. You have to pitch somebody.

vCash
    We really had no choice but to trust Jamie today. Johnson needed a day off. I just think we can do better than Jamie. He's pitched 2 innings and has 3 bb and 1 intentional pass. The knock on Jamie is and always has been throwing strikes. Time to move on imo...
    Is Grilli hurt? My comment was aimed at the idea of not using your closer in a tie game at home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Is Grilli hurt? My comment was aimed at the idea of not using your closer in a tie game at home.
    Could've used grilli, but it was 8th. Wouldn't have anyone for 9th

vCash
    Could've used grilli, but it was 8th. Wouldn't have anyone for 9th
    That's what I'm taking about. Let the rook make his first appearance with the bases empty. Flow chart over statistics

vCash
    Looking like shoulder surgery for Minor. Get ready for Wisler, Folty, or Banuelos.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Looking like shoulder surgery for Minor. Get ready for Wisler, Folty, or Banuelos.
    Probably stults and Cahill for now. Hopefully McDowell can work his magic with these two. I would esp like Cahill to get right. He's still pretty young.

I'm beginning to think we'll never see minor pitch for the Braves again

vCash
    Probably stults and Cahill for now. Hopefully McDowell can work his magic with these two. I would esp like Cahill to get right. He's still pretty young.

I'm beginning to think we'll never see minor pitch for the Braves again
    We're all in on the rebuild. At some point this season we're going to find out what at least one of the 3 prospects can do. Wouldn't mind seeing Banuelos out of the pen. What's the word on Shae Simmons, btw? If everyone is jumping Juan Jamie, Simmons looked impressive last season. Still too soon to give up on Jamie, so far as I'm concerned.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    We're all in on the rebuild. At some point this season we're going to find out what at least one of the 3 prospects can do. Wouldn't mind seeing Banuelos out of the pen. What's the word on Shae Simmons, btw? If everyone is jumping Juan Jamie, Simmons looked impressive last season. Still too soon to give up on Jamie, so far as I'm concerned.
    Simmons had TJ surgery. He'll be out all year.

I definetely think we'll see some of the young guys this year, but it will be a little while.

I have 2 scenarios that I'll be happy with...

1. We really surprise and contend this year.

2. We fall out of contention, but stults, Jim Johnson, grilli, Gomes, Chris Johnson, callapso, kelly Johnson, and young play well enough to be traded. Maybe not all of them, but some.