Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071
Results 1,401 to 1,419 of 1419

Thread: Braves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I'm a huge Fredi critic, but we also traded almost every player worth a damn right as we gave him the extension. Hard to blame him when we took most of the bullets out of his gun. I'd still like to see him gone, but this collapse has way more to do with a complete lack of MLB talent. We're a ****ing 4A team. And we got worse bringing up Bethancourt today.
    You must have forgotten that fredi sucks this time of year even with good teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You must have forgotten that fredi sucks this time of year even with good teams.
    He's only had 2 real collapses prior to this season. And this year he's coaching a 4A team. I'm no Fredi fan, but you really can't objectively blame him for this year.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    He's only had 2 real collapses prior to this season. And this year he's coaching a 4A team. I'm no Fredi fan, but you really can't objectively blame him for this year.
    That's fair. I still think it was a ridiculous move to resign him. Even if you throw out this year's debacle, fredi has led us to 2 collapses out of 4 years. Both those collapses were with at worst decent teams.

vCash
    That's fair. I still think it was a ridiculous move to resign him. Even if you throw out this year's debacle, fredi has led us to 2 collapses out of 4 years. Both those collapses were with at worst decent teams.
    I agree. And look, it was only a 1-year extension. It's not like we couldn't can him at the end of the season anyway. I personally hope we do. Fredi has earned the criticism based on past performance, for sure. I just find it hard to blame him when we're putting a team on the field every night that has maybe 2-3 players a majority of the other 29 teams in MLB would like to have. Combine that with a young rotation that's struggling, you get what we're seeing since July.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I agree. And look, it was only a 1-year extension. It's not like we couldn't can him at the end of the season anyway. I personally hope we do. Fredi has earned the criticism based on past performance, for sure. I just find it hard to blame him when we're putting a team on the field every night that has maybe 2-3 players a majority of the other 29 teams in MLB would like to have. Combine that with a young rotation that's struggling, you get what we're seeing since July.
    Yep. Just think we haven't gotten to the month where fredi really blows. Hopefully he holds serve and we get a top 5 pick. I'm sure this will be the year that fredi turns it up a notch and we move out of top 10

vCash
    Yep. Just think we haven't gotten to the month where fredi really blows. Hopefully he holds serve and we get a top 5 pick. I'm sure this will be the year that fredi turns it up a notch and we move out of top 10
    I don't see it happening. Again, we just don't have the talent. Freddie & Markakis are the only 2 players that I'm certain could play every day for a majority of MLB teams. Maybe Simba, but his bat isn't very good. He just happens to be a freak defensively, maybe one of the best defensive players of all time. After them, we've pretty much got garbage. I like Pierzynski, but he's ancient. Maybin has had a nice season, but he's still been mostly a bust in his career. Peterson - lmao. Gomes is old. Whoever else we stick in LF sucks. Adonis Garcia has looked decent at 3B, but he isn't really considered a top prospect. Bethancourt looks like a massive bust.

All that said, it would definitely be our luck to get hot and go on a tear in September, keeping us from getting a high draft pick. Crazier things have happened.

vCash
    ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 2m2 minutes ago
    The Braves are 12-38 over their last 50 games

Team?s worst 50-game stretch since it went 11-39 at the end of the 1935 season

vCash
    Glad I stopped watching weeks ago. There is no talent on this team. And the pitching prospects have all been hot garbage. Now you see why trading MLB players for prospects doesn't work out too well most of the time.

vCash
    Bad news...
    Banuelos to see dr Andrews

Good news...
    Olivera is starting to look like a good hitter with good power

Oh and the nats pretty much got eliminated tonight haha

vCash
    Glad I stopped watching weeks ago. There is no talent on this team. And the pitching prospects have all been hot garbage. Now you see why trading MLB players for prospects doesn't work out too well most of the time.
    it's way way way too soon to say all that. also, when you have MLB talent that's nearing free agency and you either (1) don't want to get roped into paying them long term big bucks or (2) know they aren't seriously considering resigning with your squad, it's best to see what kinda prospects you can pull. in the meantime, if those players aren't helping you make the playoffs, then you are better off sucking really really bad so you get a better draft pick, which usually means trading those MLB players nearing free agency to save money for a future roster that's actually going to win while simultaneously enhancing your draft picks which hopefully eventually enhances your MLB roster.

vCash
    Oh and the nats pretty much got eliminated tonight haha
    just pathetic all around. the nats ****ed up with that paps trade and pretty much killed any future storen had with the club. would have been much much smarter to go get a couple of MR guys from fringe prospects and system depth than trade for paps. they've never truly let storen rebound from 2012 and given what he was doing this season prior to the paps deal, he didn't deserve what they did to him. i also think it had a negative effect on the lockerroom to see management undercut one of the guys like that. since that paps deal, the nats have one of the worst records in baseball. that said, harper is the only guy on the team that hasn't spent a substantial chunk of the playing like he'd rather be doing any except playing baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    just pathetic all around. the nats ****ed up with that paps trade and pretty much killed any future storen had with the club. would have been much much smarter to go get a couple of MR guys from fringe prospects and system depth than trade for paps. they've never truly let storen rebound from 2012 and given what he was doing this season prior to the paps deal, he didn't deserve what they did to him. i also think it had a negative effect on the lockerroom to see management undercut one of the guys like that. since that paps deal, the nats have one of the worst records in baseball. that said, harper is the only guy on the team that hasn't spent a substantial chunk of the playing like he'd rather be doing any except playing baseball.
    Harper has been amazing.

Hey at least you guys are still on life support. My Braves have been buried for almost 2 months. I'd love to at least have a shot at a miracle run. Still though you guys didn't sign Scherzer to have a shot at the playoffs down the stretch

vCash
    Harper has been amazing.

Hey at least you guys are still on life support. My Braves have been buried for almost 2 months. I'd love to at least have a shot at a miracle run. Still though you guys didn't sign Scherzer to have a shot at the playoffs down the stretch
    i think a roster shake up going into next season will be nice to change up the dynamic. desmond and zimmermann are almost assuredly gone. i would be surprised if storen isn't traded. no idea what happens with span, i would've thought there's a decent chance he returns on the club option, but depends on the hip recovery. the bullpen needs revamping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    i think a roster shake up going into next season will be nice to change up the dynamic. desmond and zimmermann are almost assuredly gone. i would be surprised if storen isn't traded. no idea what happens with span, i would've thought there's a decent chance he returns on the club option, but depends on the hip recovery. the bullpen needs revamping.
    Desmond screwed himself.

I'd let span walk and go with with Harper, werth, and Taylor.

vCash
    Problem with letting span walk is he's the only true lead off guy and still a pretty good one and his deal is extremely reasonable. Given werth, Harper, and span tend to get banged up, keeping span, and then using taylor as a 4th OF to rotate in and keep guys fresh and ready to fill in for extended period at any of the 3 spots if needed, then the CF job is his full time in 2017 after span becomes a FA. That's what I would do. Span unquestionably makes the lineup better.

vCash
    Austin Riley was named player of the year for Danville.

vCash
    We were 43-43 four games before the AS break. We're now 56-86. That's 13-43. Wow...

vCash
    Atlanta has a baseball team?***

That's what happens when you trade away almost every MLB caliber player on the roster and field a team of prospects. If you think this year is bad, wait until next year. No way we spend any cash in free agency to put a competitive club on the field. It's going to be all prospects from Opening Day and will get ugly in a hurry.

The only bright spot is we might have a new manager. Read an article from Sporting News a couple of days ago alleging that Fredi has lost the clubhouse. If that's true, Hart and Coppy have to pull the plug. You can't let that type of situation fester for a whole year.

vCash
    Atlanta has a baseball team?***

That's what happens when you trade away almost every MLB caliber player on the roster and field a team of prospects. If you think this year is bad, wait until next year. No way we spend any cash in free agency to put a competitive club on the field. It's going to be all prospects from Opening Day and will get ugly in a hurry.

The only bright spot is we might have a new manager. Read an article from Sporting News a couple of days ago alleging that Fredi has lost the clubhouse. If that's true, Hart and Coppy have to pull the plug. You can't let that type of situation fester for a whole year.
    you don't know how you have to rebuild a team.

signed, a nationals fan