Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1419

Thread: Braves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    1) I get the age argument, but Gattis was out of the game for several years. His knees don't have the wear and tear most catchers do by their late 20s. Just seems like a cop out excuse from suits in an office.

2) That may be the consensus, but my eyes told me a different story after watching him for the better part of two seasons. Put it like this, after watching Gattis last year and watching Bethancourt this year, if I didn't know anything about either and you told me that Bethancourt is supposed to be the defensive stud between the two, I'd laugh in your face and call you insane.

We got a lot for Gattis, it just irks me to see a guy get run down by a bunch of guys sitting in an office who either never played or haven't played in about 120 years. It just seems like Gattis got a reputation early on in the minors, fairly or not, and it never changed regardless of how he actually played. Especially when he's a guy who'd be a huge upgrade in the middle of our lineup this season. Having Markakis batting 4 with 0 HRs this close to the ASB is horrific. I know he's not a 20+ HR guy, but he's been pretty consistent about hitting 15 HRs. At this point I'll be shocked if he winds up with 10. He needs to be hitting 2 or 8 if he isn't providing any sort of power threat behind Freeman.
    even if you accept Gattis as a starting C, you still only want him playing about 100 games there. since he's even worse in LF than behind the plate, his value is maximized in the AL, where he can DH a good bit even if he does catch a good bit. true, if we kept him and he hit 40 bombs this year, we'd have gotten more for him, but if he got hurt, looked bad behind the plate, or slumped, then we'd have gotten far far less. it was a good trade given that this is a rebuilding year.

vCash
    @BravesReddit
    Touki is good.

DBacks did not make a very good decision.

5IP 1H 2K 2BB

vCash
    @BravesReddit
    Rio Ruiz (@ruiz_rio) hit his first HR as a #Braves player. Hitting .317/.394/.413 in his last 20 games.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CJEpGeJW8AAIyVd.mp4

vCash
    @BravesReddit
    Carlos Franco of the #Mudcats might be one to watch in the second half of the season. His last 9 games: .323/.382/.548

vCash
    Ok, I bash fredi when he deserves it, but he deserves some credit now. I thought this team was finished after Tuesday night's game with nats, but they've recovered nicely and about to win 4th in a row with 2 straight series wins. If we can somehow get the nats' lead down to 3 by the break, this could get interesting when FF, Williams Perez, and mckirahan return.

vCash
    8:46 PM
    @GBravesMedia
    Final line for @Folty25: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 8 SO, 104 pitches (60 strikes).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Ok, I bash fredi when he deserves it, but he deserves some credit now. I thought this team was finished after Tuesday night's game with nats, but they've recovered nicely and about to win 4th in a row with 2 straight series wins. If we can somehow get the nats' lead down to 3 by the break, this could get interesting when FF, Williams Perez, and mckirahan return.
    I'm still convinced that this team is what it is. But I have seen a ton of things that have me way more excited about next year than I thought I would be. Now, if the young pitchers hold up for the rest of the season then they could stay in the race for a while.

vCash
    @Ken_Rosenthal
    Sources: #Braves continue pushing 3B Chris Johnson in trade proposals, including deals in which he would be attached to another player.

#Braves used same model when they required #Padres to take Upton Jr. to get Kimbrel. #SFGiants among teams with no interest in Johnson.

One way those clubs could line up $$$ would be Johnson, Maybin for Peavy, Pagan. Sources say that precise combination was not discussed.

Peavy, in first yr of two-yr deal with full no-trade clause, one of four SPs under contract to #SFGiants in ?16. Pagan still valued by club.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I'm still convinced that this team is what it is. But I have seen a ton of things that have me way more excited about next year than I thought I would be. Now, if the young pitchers hold up for the rest of the season then they could stay in the race for a while.
    I don't think we'll win the division this year. I just hope we can hang around long enough to keep me interested till football season. I truly think next year it'll be us and the mets racing for the east

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...blue-jays.html
    Braves closer Jason Grilli is one of the Blue Jays? targets as the team looks for bullpen help. Grilli would cost less in both salary and trade chips than Jonathan Papelbon or Francisco Rodriguez, two closers who have also been connected to the Jays this summer. Atlanta isn?t yet looking to move Grilli, however, as the team is still in the race.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...blue-jays.html
    Braves closer Jason Grilli is one of the Blue Jays? targets as the team looks for bullpen help. Grilli would cost less in both salary and trade chips than Jonathan Papelbon or Francisco Rodriguez, two closers who have also been connected to the Jays this summer. Atlanta isn?t yet looking to move Grilli, however, as the team is still in the race.
    Remember the talk the other day that the Braves were asking around for young catching prospects?

Well, Toronto has one named Max Pentecost, and he was Steve Janas's catcher at Kennesaw State. I wonder if Toronto would start the discussion there? Atlanta can even take a bad contract off their hands to get him if they have one they would like to get rid of.

vCash
    I say we should stand pat or be sellers this season. What we need is an impact bat and more bullpen help. Bullpen arms are available, but I get the feeling we'd rather try to upgrade there on the cheap. Personally, I'd pick up Neftali Feliz. He's got huge upside, and we've had success fixing pitchers. He could be a nice closer or set-up option if we move Grilli. The big problem I see is that there aren't many bats on the market this season. Or if they are, they're going to want way more than I think we're willing to pay right now. Better to stand firm or sell for a few more prospects, preferably hitters, than try to buy. We aren't winning the division and that's the only way I see us making the playoffs this year. WC will be two of the Pirates, Cubs, Dodgers, Giants. NL East will only get the champ in this season.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    ?@BravesReddit
    Ozhaino Albies (@albiesozhaino) extended his hitting streak to 16 games.

Albies has failed to record a hit in just ELEVEN games. He's played 75.

Albies has more multi-hit games than hitless games

vCash
    Masset blew the game today and...

@mlbbowman
    Masset and Eveland were DFA'd. Carpenter and Vizcaino are coming up.

Hart doesn't play around. I like it

vCash
    Also, this is a different David Carpenter than the one we traded to the Yanks. That Carpenter is now with the Nats. I still say we should kick the tires on Neftali Feliz. Sometimes a guy just needs a change of scenery.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    @KevinMcAlpin
    In 27 appearances with Gwinnett, Carpenter posted an 0.73 ERA (3 ER/37 IP) with 15 BB & 36 K. Opponents hitting .183 vs the RHP

Gotta keep the walks down

Vizcaino has been hitting 100 mph regularly in the minors. Hopefully his 2nd pitch is effective

vCash
    It is time to start targeting young position players who are blocked by someone on the big league club that will be ready to play in 2017. The only hitters in this line up that I believe will be there in 2017 are Freddie and Andrelton. Maybe Jace, but I'd be tempted to give Peraza a look at 2nd right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    It is time to start targeting young position players who are blocked by someone on the big league club that will be ready to play in 2017. The only hitters in this line up that I believe will be there in 2017 are Freddie and Andrelton. Maybe Jace, but I'd be tempted to give Peraza a look at 2nd right now.
    We'll still have Markakis. Believe he signed a 4-year deal. I wouldn't mind moving JP to 3B and giving Peraza a look at 2B. Problem is that Pete doesn't have the pop you want for a 3B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I agree about going after some position players asap. We aren't gonna win anything this year, so trade grilli, Jim Johnson, uribe, AJ, and hopefully Chris Johnson and Gomes to get a 3b, catcher, or LF. I would trade a pitching prospect if that's what it took too

vCash
    Peraza 2 for 3 tonight with an RBI.