Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
Yep. Just think we haven't gotten to the month where fredi really blows. Hopefully he holds serve and we get a top 5 pick. I'm sure this will be the year that fredi turns it up a notch and we move out of top 10
I don't see it happening. Again, we just don't have the talent. Freddie & Markakis are the only 2 players that I'm certain could play every day for a majority of MLB teams. Maybe Simba, but his bat isn't very good. He just happens to be a freak defensively, maybe one of the best defensive players of all time. After them, we've pretty much got garbage. I like Pierzynski, but he's ancient. Maybin has had a nice season, but he's still been mostly a bust in his career. Peterson - lmao. Gomes is old. Whoever else we stick in LF sucks. Adonis Garcia has looked decent at 3B, but he isn't really considered a top prospect. Bethancourt looks like a massive bust.

All that said, it would definitely be our luck to get hot and go on a tear in September, keeping us from getting a high draft pick. Crazier things have happened.