Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New MSU baseball urban legend

vCash

New MSU baseball urban legend

Apparently a South Carolina outfielder was trying to run down a Wes Rea extra base hit with a sausage link in his hand.

No idea if it's true or not.

vCash
    For his sake, I hope it's not true. His coach would probably kill him

vCash
    I'm anxious to hear all the coaching mistakes Cohen made during the South Carolina series. Its got to be a ton.

vCash
    It doesn't matter how well the guy played. If you don't eat sausage or bacon at least once a day, you simply aren't living life to the fullest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    I'm anxious to hear all the coaching mistakes Cohen made during the South Carolina series. Its got to be a ton.
    We have stopped bunting as much. More swingy, less bunty, Coach likey
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Apparently a South Carolina outfielder was trying to run down a Wes Rea extra base hit with a sausage link in his hand.

No idea if it's true or not.
    Bob tweeted it out....so that brings some validity to it.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Apparently a South Carolina outfielder was trying to run down a Wes Rea extra base hit with a sausage link in his hand
    That can be interpreted in so many different ways.

vCash
    That is absolutely outstanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STATEBALLIN View Post
    That can be interpreted in so many different ways.
    Yeah- I had to be careful with how I worded it. It could have gone south pretty quickly when we're talking about a Gamecock player holding his sausage.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah- I had to be careful with how I worded it. It could have gone south pretty quickly when we're talking about a Gamecock player holding his sausage.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    I was in left field lounge today and left fielder ate more food and interacted more with the fans than I have seen one do in years. He ate five or six pieces of chicken and had a good time with us.. I made the comment if I'm his coach I'm all in his ass for eating and cutting up the whole game while losing.. Center fielder was a lot less interactive and I'm pretty sure he ate a little late but I'm not sure he had sausage in his hand while Rea smashed that ball

vCash
    It was the right fielder (Elliot) who was in left field yesterday. He's been nicknamed Judy by the fans and has been awesome. He was catching boudin in his glove from left field yesterday and eating it and today right field was feeding him.

He didn't have the sausage in his hand though. He had put it in his back pocket and pulled it out and finished it after catching the ball. No joke. He had put the sausage in his back pocket.

He said he's going to serve in the military after this season too. Great kid and I'll forever be a fan. His parents are in attendance too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    It was the right fielder (Elliot) who was in left field yesterday. He's been nicknamed Judy by the fans and has been awesome. He was catching boudin in his glove from left field yesterday and eating it and today right field was feeding him.

He didn't have the sausage in his hand though. He had put it in his back pocket and pulled it out and finished it after catching the ball. No joke. He had put the sausage in his back pocket.

He said he's going to serve in the military after this season too. Great kid and I'll forever be a fan. His parents are in attendance too.
    So we have the sausage in the back pocket theory.

vCash
    THE best place for college baseball. Great job LFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Me likey too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I don't know. Yesterday, bunted twice, once with the cleanup hitter and tried to bunt with the #3 man before Hump bunted!

vCash
    It was the left fielder from Thursday night Elliot Caldwell, he played right field last night. His dad was out there drinking beers with us. And I'm not sure if it was in his hand while he was chasing down Wes's ball, but I can confirm that there was atleast sausage in his back pocket. His dad said we had the coolest park he's been to, and he goes to every away game. He said he wished his son had gone to State haha.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    So we have the sausage in the back pocket theory.
    It's not a theory....

vCash
    I stand corrected. It was in his hand. Confirmed last night.

vCash
    Sausage, boudin, chicken, tenderloin.... All that and kid still had 6 hits on the weekend... @elliotc7