Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh Andrew Harrison

Banned
    vCash

Uh oh Andrew Harrison

better duck. This probably gets locked but it's very newsworthy so I'm posting it.

vCash
    Lately it seems like athletes right and left are forgetting what a microphone is and what it does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Lately it seems like athletes right and left are forgetting what a microphone is and what it does.
    Apparently he forgot that Kaminsky is white too.

vCash
    And good lord can you imagine if Kaminsky said about Harrison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    And good lord can you imagine if Kaminsky said about Harrison.
    He'd be all but shunned out of a career in basketball by the media
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    Yep. It's such a double standard. Frick him, I hope he has fun in the D league the rest of his life

vCash
    Oh gawd not this political crap again. Get over it Kentucky lost they played with pose and yet were outcoached.

vCash
    I was glad last night when KY bit the dust. Even more so now.

vCash
    What did he say? I can't understand him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    What did he say? I can't understand him
    F*** that N****

vCash

Don't worry, I fully expect the Rev. Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to rebuke and

chastise Mr. Harrison.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Oh gawd not this political crap again. Get over it Kentucky lost they played with pose and yet were outcoached.
    Yea because if it was the other way around, people would simply "get over it", right?**

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I'm not going to get in to this whole back & forth on a sports msg board but the intent would be totally different if it was said the other way around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I'm not going to get in to this whole back & forth on a sports msg board but the intent would be totally different if it was said the other way around.
    just curious, but how do you know the "intent" in someone?

is it possible for a white person to say the word with that same non-offending intent that Mr Harrison had when he said it....?

if Mr Harrison called someone of Jewish lineage "a fukin' hook nosed Yid" what would his intent be, then?

Is there a class I can take to learn how to determine the "content of one's character", and, if so, would I be eligible for tuition assistance due to my "white privilege"?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Personally, I think the proper analogy would be if Harrison said something like "f*ck that cr*cker." So to me, the double standard would be if there was no outcry about Harrison calling Kaminsky a racial slur that refers to a white guy. While this was immature, stupid, and wrong, Kaminsky doesn't fit anyone's definition of the n-word: Harrison would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Personally, I think the proper analogy would be if Harrison said something like "f*ck that cr*cker." So to me, the double standard would be if there was no outcry about Harrison calling Kaminsky a racial slur that refers to a white guy. While this was immature, stupid, and wrong, Kaminsky doesn't fit anyone's definition of the n-word: Harrison would.
    that's reasonable, B-star... do you think he will/should get punished for his remarks?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    agreed
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    People just want to find things to be pissed about. Kentucky got beat on by a badddddd white boy. In baseball or football its no big deal because those games have great players from both races. Basketball has kinda evolved into the "black man's sport" so to speak- so when night's like last night happen it's good for basketball and makes for a good story. Unless you were the one guarding the white guy.

Him saying it the way he did is a street way of saying it about anybody. There is no story here. It's the equivalent of Whitey saying "**** that dude"
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    that's reasonable, B-star... do you think he will/should get punished for his remarks?
    Calipari says no as of this AM.

Of course, hard to punish someone not in class and their career is over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

Is there a class I can take to learn how to determine the "content of one's character", and, if so, would I be eligible for tuition assistance due to my "white privilege"?
    "How do you know the intent"......."would i be eligible...due to white privilege?"

Seems like you only have to wait for someone to finish their thought, no?"

Just kidding. You know im your yidda
    Last edited by gravedigger; 04-05-2015 at 02:06 PM.