I think they are pretty equal overall. Certainly by initial results, it appears that Cohen inherited the worse overall situation. Could be that his style didn't work as well with others, etc...

Overall, I'd put them roughly equal I guess -- with this year leaving the ability to sway that one way or the other.

People often don't realize exactly how baseball(and basketball for that matter) recruiting works....Cohen was hired in early June. The class of incoming freshman for his first campaign were signed the previous November -- and Cohen's first true class was signed the following November. He inherited a signing class that really only had Caleb Reed, Nick Routt, and Devin Jones in it...

So, his "first class" which he only had 5 months to recruit(not even half of a whole cycle) included: Stratton, Graveman, Bracewell, Shepard, Vickerson, Girodo, Ogden, Frost...

His first full recruiting cycle was the class that actually didn't show up until year 3 -- a bunch of guys that hadn't seen MSU success in their ENTIRE HIGHSCHOOL LIVES and it included: Frasier, Bradford, E. Mitchell, Henderson, Rea, R. Mitchell, Norris, Pollo, Renfroe.

Year 4 -- his second full(third overall) class, which also hadn't seen MSU success in their entire highschool lives upon their signing in November: Ammirati, Britton, Cox, Fitts, Fullerton, Holder, Lindgren, Porter, Slauter, Woodruff, Flair

Year 5 was the first class that had seen our success--or any sign of the program turning around on the field prior to signing...