Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another one of Ole Miss' entitled finest... They draw a sick bunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I understand it happens, but from my experience it's not a major issue. I'm not denying what the guy did was wrong, but what human did he harm? I assume you feel the same way about entitled pro athletes that commit domestic violence, gain reduced sentences, and other various acts of violence; including death against human beings.
    I don't think anyone is claiming it's a major issue, it's just a common one that is well recognized. Most kids from rich parents are pretty decent, b/c they inherited their parents genes and rich people tend to have genes that make them predisposed towards being productive members of society. But there are still plenty of examples where children of rich kids go off the deep end, and it appears on the surface that the parents enabling the kids and shielding them from consequences is a major cause of it (whether it really is or not, who knows, but people like narratives and this one rings true with people).

The fact that you are able to recognize a similar narrative about pro athletes makes me think you are just pretending to be ignorant of the basically same narrative applied to children from rich families.

ETA: And note that the comment was made in response to a kid from Jackson Prep, with a rich plaintiff's lawyer father that is also invovled in the state political machine of one of the two major parties, is in a fraternity at ole Miss, is on a spring break trip, apparently runs with a crowd that feels like they can "waste" drugs and alcohol on a hamster, and that he 17ing bit the head off of a live hamster. Maybe he's just a kid with issues and would be biting the heads off animals no matter his background, but it doesn't seem crazy to speculate that maybe he would do less damaging things if he didn't have access to as much money.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 03-31-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    And this thread will be locked unless they want to move this to the politics forum.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner