Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ray Kasongo

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Gotta be 2 if we sign kasongo and Malik
    Ndoye is a given. He doesn't need mention every time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    That's a pretty damn good goal.
    Haha..wishful thinking on my part. I want to raid the Atlanta Celtics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, if we sign both then its likely one frontcout player and one backcourt player will need to move on. Could be any 2 though I guess. For example, could be that Ndoye moves on and we keep one of Daniels and Zuppardo. Right now it seems that Daniels, Houston, Black and Zuppardo are sort of a logjam at the 4 position though Daniels plays the 3 some as well.
    Houston is a pure 3, and Daniels is really more of a 3 than a 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C222 View Post
    Ha yeah, Kegler may be in play with him coming back to MS, and I could see us potentially grabbing one from the Celtics, but I would be shocked if we got more than that.

I doubt Simmons is very much in play, but we'll see.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We need to do our best to lock up Banks, Simonds, & Kegler those are 3 guys that are really interested & 3 top 100 players who will be here at least 2yrs. Then you can go after Simmons, Langford, Blackwell & whoever to fill the last couple spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We need to do our best to lock up Banks, Simonds, & Kegler those are 3 guys that are really interested & 3 top 100 players who will be here at least 2yrs. Then you can go after Simmons, Langford, Blackwell & whoever to fill the last couple spots.
    What are the odds/percentages on those 6 guys? It would be fantastic to get 3 big time players and then lock in on that 2018 class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    What are the odds/percentages on those 6 guys? It would be fantastic to get 3 big time players and then lock in on that 2018 class.
    He'll know much better than me, but I'd say our chances on Simonds are extremely good, good on Banks, and then nobody knows on the others.

I think we'll have a shot at Kegler, but I wouldn't put money on us. And the Celtics guys, we'll just have to wait and see. Simons and McCray will help a lot, but without McCray our chances would probably be pretty low, so who knows.

vCash
    Josh Langford
    Mario Kegler
    James Banks
    Braxton Blackwell
    Kobi Simmons

That is our goal.
    You are setting yourself up for some major disappointment.

vCash
    Ok I see. Nothing wrong with wishful thinking!

vCash
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/15...or-ray-kasongo

Lsu may be tough to beat out esp considering Martin and Mickey are gone. Also we all though kasongo and Malik followed each other bc we were both recruiting them. Perhaps it was the lsu connection instead.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Johnny Jones may not be able to coach a lick, but right now he is and will continue to be a bitch for us to recruit against... He's also after a St. John's decommit that is visiting us at some point this week.

ETA: The fact that we beat them last year with our shitty coaching and all the talent they had should tells me all I need to know about his coaching ability...
    Last edited by messageboardsuperhero; 04-01-2015 at 05:35 PM.

vCash
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Kasongo committed to MSU on his OV 4/17-4/19.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    Johnny Jones may not be able to coach a lick, but right now he is and will continue to be a bitch for us to recruit against... He's also after a St. John's decommit that is visiting us at some point this week.
    I'd love nothing more than for LSU to get Brandon Sampson. That would put them out of the Malik sweepstakes. Sampson is deciding before Malik so if he chooses LSU that would basically make it a 2 team race with us & Ky.

vCash
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Kasongo committed to MSU on his OV 4/17-4/19.
    I LOVE that he's visiting on SBW. Any chance we bring in Newman for his OV that weekend too?

vCash
    I'd love nothing more than for LSU to get Brandon Sampson. That would put them out of the Malik sweepstakes. Sampson is deciding before Malik so if he chooses LSU that would basically make it a 2 team race with us & Ky.
    And that was my exact thought process as well. Hopefully if they do get Sampson, it'll make at Newman look at us even harder. I still feel pretty good about our position, even though we've still got a ways to go.

vCash
    I LOVE that he's visiting on SBW. Any chance we bring in Newman for his OV that weekend too?
    Nope he's playing in the Jordan Brand Classic that weekend.

vCash
    And that was my exact thought process as well. Hopefully if they do get Sampson, it'll make at Newman look at us even harder. I still feel pretty good about our position, even though we've still got a ways to go.
    Yea I wouldn't trade our position with any school.

vCash
    Kasongo CB'ed again to us.

Whether we get Malik or not, I want kasongo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Kasongo CB'ed again to us.

Whether we get Malik or not, I want kasongo
    Ole Miss and LSU are just following suit and copying the game plan by pushing for Kasongo hard after Howland made his move. They see it as a link to Malik. Fortunately to me it looks like Howland is more in control of the situation.