View Poll Results: Which is most likely?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baseball team hosts a regional in 2013

20 74.07%
  • Football team goes 8-4 in the regular season in 2013

6 22.22%
  • Basketball team makes 2014 NCAA Tournament

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is most likely?

vCash

Which is most likely?

Baseball team hosts a regional in 2013
    Football team goes 8-4 in the regular season in 2013
    Basketball team makes 2014 NCAA Tournament

Feel free to estimate the probability of all 3

vCash
    2013 Baseball regional host - 50%
    2013 Football 8-4 - 40%
    2014 Basketball NCAA T - 20%

vCash
    Baseball 30%
    Football (bowl included) 40%
    Football (bowl not included) 25%
    Basketball 10%

vCash
    Baseball - 40%
    Football - 40%
    Basketball - 20%

This baseball team's chances to host a regional are better than Polk's chances to make that World Series that same season that everybody wanted him fired.

vCash
    Baseball 55%
    Football 30%
    Basketball 60%

vCash
    Baseball is FAR more likely to me.

Baseball 65%
    Football 20%
    Basketball 0%

vCash
    Baseball 45%
    Football 25%
    Basketball 10%

vCash
    FAR more likely than 8-4 in football? Come on, man. We have a serious chance to be 8-4 with a very strong possibility of winning our last game to be 9-3. We will be playing MUCH better ball by the end of the season, Mullen will have figured out our offense and we'll be ready to curb stomp the bears. No friggin way we lose to them again. No way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeDawg View Post
    FAR more likely than 8-4 in football? Come on, man. We have a serious chance to be 8-4 with a very strong possibility of winning our last game to be 9-3. We will be playing MUCH better ball by the end of the season, Mullen will have figured out our offense and we'll be ready to curb stomp the bears. No friggin way we lose to them again. No way.
    Not sure what team you watched last year, or whose schedule you're looking at this year. Show me 8 wins...hell, show me 7!

If...IF...Mullen truly changes the offense, we have a long shot at 7-5. But as of right now, I'm expecting 5-7 and hopibg for 6-6 or better. Our schedule is a beast.

vCash

Baseball by a mile.

In football we should be thrilled with 7 with our schedule.

In bball, our ceiling is probaby just under what Bama and UT did this year, so NIT tops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Not sure what team you watched last year, or whose schedule you're looking at this year. Show me 8 wins...hell, show me 7!

If...IF...Mullen truly changes the offense, we have a long shot at 7-5. But as of right now, I'm expecting 5-7 and hopibg for 6-6 or better. Our schedule is a beast.
    People don't realize how tough our schedule is next year. Agreeing to the OK State game was a really, really bad idea.

Losses: vsBama, vsLSU, @aTm, and @USCe
    TossUps: OK State, @Ark, @Aub, vs OM
    Wins: 3 OOC, UK

We've got to go a perfect 4-0 in our toss up games this year to get to 8-4. That shit ain't happening... and 6-6 is probably the most likely outcome of our football record this year.

Not only is baseball the most likley to happen, it should be the most likely to happen by a large, large margin. People are wiggin' out over getting beat by 3 top teams in some pretty close series. Our schedule lightens up big-time over the next 3 or 4 weeks. We'll know much much more about this team at the end of April.

vCash
    Baseball 35%
    Football 20%
    Basketball .00001%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    People don't realize how tough our schedule is next year. Agreeing to the OK State game was a really, really bad idea.

Losses: vsBama, vsLSU, @aTm, and @USCe
    TossUps: OK State, @Ark, @Aub, vs OM
    Wins: 3 OOC, UK

We've got to go a perfect 4-0 in our toss up games this year to get to 8-4. That shit ain't happening... and 6-6 is probably the most likely outcome of our football record this year.

Not only is baseball the most likley to happen, it should be the most likely to happen by a large, large margin. People are wiggin' out over getting beat by 3 top teams in some pretty close series. Our schedule lightens up big-time over the next 3 or 4 weeks. We'll know much much more about this team at the end of April.
    I think you can throw lsu in the toss ups. I know we haven't beaten them since the civil war, but they'll be down this year.

vCash
    I think we win between 5-7 next year.

Probable Losses: LSU, Bama, A&M, SC
    Swing Games: Okie St, Ark, Auburn, OM

vCash
    Or... what Mizzu said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post

You want details, I got your details:

Sat, Aug 31 Oklahoma State Houston, TX (Reliant Stadium)
    TBA
    (WIN) First game of the year is going to be harder on a complicated OSU offense than ours. Our defense wins this game for us and what everyone thinks is a bad loss for us is a grinding, defensive win.
    Sat, Sep 07 Alcorn State Starkville
    TBA
    (WIN) Cause **** Alcorn State, that's why
    Sat, Sep 14 Auburn * Auburn, AL
    TBA
    (WIN) Malzahn is going to have AU playing good ball, but not for another year or two. Same things as the OSU game, they are not up to par on offense early in the season, our defense gets nasty on them, WIN.
    Sat, Sep 21 Troy Starkville
    TBA
    (WIN) Cause **** Troy and their attitude from last year.
    Sat, Oct 05 LSU * Starkville
    TBA
    (close, close WIN) They almost got beat by the bears IN BATON ROUGE last year. We came within inches of winning that game in DWS 2 years ago when they were MORE talented than they will be this year.
    Sat, Oct 12 Bowling Green (HC) Starkville
    TBA
    (WIN) cause **** Bowling Green.
    Thu, Oct 24 Kentucky * Starkville
    6:30 p.m.
    ESPN (WIN) UK has got some serious growing up to do to be able to play with us.
    Sat, Nov 02 South Carolina * Columbia, SC
    TBA
    (loss) I actaully think USC is going to surprise some folks this season. We are going to go in there over confident and get beat. Pisses me off, but it will happen.
    Sat, Nov 09 Texas A&M * College Station, TX
    TBA
    (WIN) Mangina is going to be beat up, beat down and broken by the time we get to him this late in the season. Our defense plays well, Quay, James and Jones combine for 10 sacks.
    Sat, Nov 16 Alabama * Starkville
    TBA
    (loss) They are Bama...
    Sat, Nov 23 Arkansas * Little Rock, AR
    TBA
    (Toss up/loss) Another inexplicable loss. Arky makes more progress over the season than we do and we lose a a squeaker in LR.
    Sat, Nov 30 Ole Miss * Starkville
    TBA
    (mother ****ing WIN) BECAUSE **** THE BEARS. Mullen will NOT lose this one again...

9-3, people. Its definately possible and more likely than everybody thinks. The pieces are there, Mullen will have our kids playing hard, fundamental football with passion, heart and soul. We are going to win the games we should have won last year, this year. Just watch and see.

vCash
    Basketball 100% - This is Rick MFing Ray we are talking about people

vCash
    Comrade is really trying to rally the Bolsheviks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Comrade is really trying to rally the Bolsheviks
    Gotta love the enthusiasm though.

vCash
    Arky lost most of it's talent - I think it's hard for them to bounce back so quickly - a win for us there --- aTm not so sure that's a win - I think we play them there ... I'll buy the rest of your logic