Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIKINGS: Well that sucked

Banned
    vCash

VIKINGS: Well that sucked

I started out liking Loki. boat builder, smart guy that helped out and stuff.

then he starting sucking. I always liked priest dude. Loki hated him from the start. I eventually wanted priest dude to kill Loki.

ass opposite happened last night. Ragnar buried his close buddy. built a make shift Cross for his priest dude buddy. does Ragnar know who killed his priest dude buddy? did I miss something?

If not, and if if he finds out Loki did it, does Ragnar kill Loki? I hope so, but I'm not sure the creators are willing to let Loki leave the scene. I can't believe they allowed priest dude to leave though.

this sux.

vCash
    Meh, one of them had to go. They've spent a lot of time building the conflict between the Norse religion and Christianity. I figured it would be Floki, but I can't say I'm surprised it was Athelstan. It will definitely be interesting to see how Ragnar handles it when he finds out it was Floki. After all, Floki is the one he trusted to protect Bjorn from Horik.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    The writers had to kill off Athelstan's character, he has signed a contract to play a king in another series. Siggy asked to be killed as she has family problems being away from her family for so long.

Vikings is a great series.

vCash
    As much as many of us may look forward to it, we're still a long away from any en masse conversions to Christianity historically. If they continue to be historical, there's a certain character that's going to fake a conversion in order to achieve a goal. Actually one of the prophesies that the seer told Ragnar of concerns this event. But no spoilers. I just know some history.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I've been wanting Floki to die for some time. Not because of the character but because of the actor. All I see is a guy acting like Johnny Depp doing a Keith Richards impersonation. That actor is terrible!

vCash
    I think Ragnar is setting up Floki for failure and to take the fall when his attack fails. He's going to use to discount the gods and then he's going to lead the attack with that cross on. The thing is, I don't think they can split form the Nors mythology yet. it's too early in the series history.

vCash
    Ragnar listen very carefully to what the Seer told him about the Paris attack, Death to the lead which he passed the torched to Floki. I can't wait to see what happens to King "Sleaze Bag" Ecbert and Queen "Whore" who is hot. I'd hit it!

vCash
    yeah, the whole "new son" thing could throw some major curve balls into that deal.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I think Ragnar is setting up Floki for failure and to take the fall when his attack fails. He's going to use to discount the gods and then he's going to lead the attack with that cross on. The thing is, I don't think they can split form the Nors mythology yet. it's too early in the series history.
    Could be right, I think the failed attack on Paris will give Ragnar a reason to kill Floki for killing the priest. I am just making this assumption on Ragnar letting Floki lead the attack and an earlier episode where he talks about fighting with the knowledge of a place. Ragnar, Athelstan, and that other guy are the only ones that know the true weakness of Paris and the information was not passed onto Floki. That is just my take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Could be right, I think the failed attack on Paris will give Ragnar a reason to kill Floki for killing the priest. I am just making this assumption on Ragnar letting Floki lead the attack and an earlier episode where he talks about fighting with the knowledge of a place. Ragnar, Athelstan, and that other guy are the only ones that know the true weakness of Paris and the information was not passed onto Floki. That is just my take.
    mine too. he's setting him up for failure for sure. Whether it's through the seer saying the leader of the attack will die or whether it's trying to ensure that the attack under his command fails, it's inconsequential at this point. Bottom line is he's setting him up.

It would actually be more interesting to me if the attack succeeds and the Loki survives now. It could fracture the command structure and Ragnar would become a King without a kingdom until his sons reunite their clans under his leadership. That's probably the direction I'd go with it, but there's no need to start that storyline yet because the show is still amazingly interesting. I'd keep that in the back pocket until you're setting up the final season or two run towards the season finale.

vCash
    the season finale was well done. I figured he was going to pop out, but they did it as well as it could've been done given the storyline.

I wonder what becomes of Ragnar and Floki? It's obvious tension, but the baptism and everything was just a set up to get him in the cathedral... then he killed the preacher man that baptized him, so I have a feeling that was all just a ploy and he's not nearly as infatuated with the christian religion as he had been putting on. The last time someone tried to get his brother to fight against him, it didn't end well in their favor. I can't imagine the storyline repeating... so Rollo will either really become his enemy or deny the King's offer.

I hope his other sons emerge in the new season like Bjorn did in the last couple. He's one of my favorite characters now and probably the only reason I'd continue to watch the show if Ragnar were to be killed off.

vCash
    Floki will be sent off in exile, goes to Iceland, Ragnar will be killed in England by King Aella in a snake pit per the legends. Bjorn will invade Greece thinking it's Rome, Rollo marries Gisla and becomes famous in Normandy. But then again you never know, I just read an interview with the writer about season 4, he hinted on a few things and it was very interesting.

Vikings has me and millions hooked, Lonesome Dove was my all time favorite series but now they are a distant second to Vikings.
    Last edited by basedog; 04-24-2015 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    I knew the snake pit legend, but just wonder about the timing.

vCash
    Season 4 will have 4 more episodes in 2016. The writer hinted in an interview Ragnar would be killed and his sons will become the show for the future. Just keep Lagertha around!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Season 4 will have 4 more episodes in 2016. The writer hinted in an interview Ragnar would be killed and his sons will become the show for the future. Just keep Lagertha around!
    Probably. That would be historical.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I finally watched the season finale. Well, the show has finally made a major diversion from history. Bjoern Ironside was the one who pulled that trick, accomplishung it thru faking a conversion and asking to be buried at the cathedral. But it was NOT Paris and should come later.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 04-27-2015 at 09:12 AM.

vCash
    I think with all the twist and turns, it makes Vikings interesting, the writer does change up history and all the peep lovers are always guessing what's next.

vCash
    I think with all the twist and turns, it makes Vikings interesting, the writer does change up history and all the peep lovers are always guessing what's next.
    he'll have to to stay relevant. otherwise the storyline would be known. Most of the history is folklore regardless, so they have plenty of leeway in bending the stories without truly defecting from historical facts. I hope they continue to do that.

Maybe Rollo gets the snake pit. I don't think they can kill Ragnar off until they have a season or two of all the sons holding down a robust storyline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    he'll have to to stay relevant. otherwise the storyline would be known. Most of the history is folklore regardless, so they have plenty of leeway in bending the stories without truly defecting from historical facts. I hope they continue to do that.

Maybe Rollo gets the snake pit. I don't think they can kill Ragnar off until they have a season or two of all the sons holding down a robust storyline.
    I'm with you Hack, Ragnar is the star. I just hope Lagertha Blood Eagles King Sleaze Bag Ecbert.

vCash
    Season 4 begins tonight Folks!!! History Channel (9:00pm CST)