Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIKINGS: Well that sucked

vCash
    I missed it!?!?!?! Damn gotta get back.

vCash
    First episode was good. Haven't watched the second yet.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    he'll have to to stay relevant. otherwise the storyline would be known. Most of the history is folklore regardless, so they have plenty of leeway in bending the stories without truly defecting from historical facts. I hope they continue to do that.

Maybe Rollo gets the snake pit. I don't think they can kill Ragnar off until they have a season or two of all the sons holding down a robust storyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    First episode was good. Haven't watched the second yet.
    Hack, they seem to be building that up with Bjoern. It's gonna be a good season. You'll have to watch to find out about Floki.

WMD, I just watched ep2 on DVR last night. It skipped around a lot but is setting up for several interesting climaxes in different locations that look like they'll be this season.

Ep3 is tonight folks! Get ready!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I just caught up this week. What a great start to the season. Bjorn is overtaking Ragnar as my favorite character, which I didn't think would happen. The trip back to Paris and encounter with Rollo will be interesting.

vCash
    What a great show, Bjorn is da man, can't wait to see him get revenge with the ring in his hand. Lagertha, damn what a woman?

vCash
    Do not take the toy from Ivar. I repeat, do NOT take the toy from Ivar!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner View Post
    Do not take the toy from Ivar. I repeat, do NOT take the toy from Ivar!
    That was nuts. No clue why they threw that in but damn.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Political Hack;524811]That was nuts. No clue why they threw that in but damn.[/QUOTE

Boneless was known as a mean MF'er, and when you marry Lagertha you better hide the knives!

Get off the drugs Ragnar!

At the end of the show, Bjorn was one pissed Viking, he has kicked Rollo's ass once and I'm hoping for another one

Damn what a great show.

vCash
    Bump for the season finale this week. Any predictions? Do they have the guts to kill off Ragnar? And what the hell are they foreshadowing with the creepy son who got left behind in Kattegat (not Ivar, the older one)?
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Rollo dies Thursday. Ragnar will die as soon as he invades England but in Season 4.
    Preview shows Lagertha getting stabbed in shoulder. Also one of the Hair brothers shot by an arrow.
    I think Harbour killed Siggy, seems someone is floating in water when he leaves.
    Big fan of Floki now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Bump for the season finale this week. Any predictions? Do they have the guts to kill off Ragnar? And what the hell are they foreshadowing with the creepy son who got left behind in Kattegat (not Ivar, the older one)?
    Ragnar will die at some point...in England. That I don't think they'll change, even if some stuff has been embellished or interpreted differently. So, it won't be this season. They're taking a lot of liberties with history in regard to TIME at least. It seems to 12-15 years have past in the show but in reality as far as the historical events have occurred it's been nearly a century since the beginning of the show. See below about Rollo...

Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Rollo dies Thursday. Ragnar will die as soon as he invades England but in Season 4.
    Preview shows Lagertha getting stabbed in shoulder. Also one of the Hair brothers shot by an arrow.
    I think Harbour killed Siggy, seems someone is floating in water when he leaves.
    Big fan of Floki now!

.....see above. That is why I don't think Rollo will die. Since they are taking chronological liberties with the show, Rollo is going to be the same Rollo that is the beginning of the Norman dynasty the leads one day to William the Conqueror. He will not be dead this season or in any season anytime soon. He will die of old age and be buried in the Cathedral at Rouen. In fact, I believe this attack on Paris is going to fail big time, though I'm not sure how. In truth I believe they bypassed Paris and went upstream then had a real problem when the Franks wouldn't let 'em go back downstream. They had to portage over to the Marne to return to sea. Count Odo actually succeeded Charles, but as he is dead, they may be kind of setting Rollo up for that. He will become Duke of Normandy but for show purposes they'll probably give him Paris too.

I didn't recall anyone dead in the water when Harbard left but even so that doesn't really seem like him. I think Aslaug murdered her. They'll have to get the show set up to carry on without Ragnar problably by the end of next season. I think you're seeing it set up for Bjoern to very much take charge and Ragnar's cheating slut of a wife (not that Ragnar's behaved either) may find her life is forfeit, so to speak, when Ragnar is gone. And I'm not sure her sons won't side with half-brother Bjoern. Ragnar's sons are technically more famous than he is. There is a lot to come in the future once Ragnar has exited the stage.
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 04-20-2016 at 07:23 PM.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Holy shit, what a finale. This is your official SPOILER ALERT. Read below here without having watched at your own peril......

The fight between Rollo & Ragnar was boss. They beat the ever living hell out of each other. Rollo "wins" by turning back the Viking force. And now he's probably the most powerful man in France.

Is Lagertha dead? We see absolutely no resolution to that. I'm going to assume she is.

The time jump was unexpected, but I thought it worked. We're definitely set up for the sons to take over at some point next season. I really can't wait for Ragnar's bitch wife to get killed. What's up with Ivar's eyes? Creepy as hell. Any doubts he'll be the one we love to hate going forward?

Bjorn is going to be one hell of a leader for the Vikings. Nice to see he & Floki working together. Going to be interesting to see how they approach the raid of England.

Lastly, that cliffhanger ending with Ragnar returning to Kattegat and challenging his sons....wow! Do any of them actually have the guts to fight him? I think Ivar does, but considering he can't walk, he knows it's suicide. I think the others just talk a big game but have balls the size acorns. Bjorn might do it, but he knows better and doesn't appear to be around. He's smart enough to know he can still learn from Ragnar.

Banned
    vCash
    Are we supposed to know what drug that is that Ragnar is hooked on?