Thread: Cracked iPhone screen

vCash

Cracked iPhone screen

I busted up my iPhone screen pretty good. Can it be repaired? If so how much does it generally cost?
    So? Screw the founding fathers. The best of them still lived in a different era and had no conception of the world today. (The most intelligent well-intentioned people in the world today should not have a say on what government will be like in the year 2263.) The worst of them were racist, sexist, slave-raping terrorists who are an embarrassment to our country today. - Quaoarsking

vCash
    Depends on the model... Need more info...
    Yes, they can be fixed.

vCash
    It's an iPhone 6. Busted up in the corner real good and has multiple cracks running almost the length of the screen. Thanks for any insight you have.

vCash
    call tbird.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
    It's an iPhone 6. Busted up in the corner real good and has multiple cracks running almost the length of the screen. Thanks for any insight you have.
    Your best bet is to go to the apple store and pay them $109 to fix it...

I've fixed probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 iphones. Cleared $15k in a month doing it on the side early in the 3G/3GS timeframe when SouthernWireless/WirelessWizard/etc were still gunshy about working on them(because the first gen iphones were truly an almost impossible nightmare to repair -- layers and layers of glue with temp sensitive items nearby)... I had the first ad on craigslist to do it and did 3/day 5 or 6 days a week in the Jackson area for quite a little while before other people -- along with the storefronts -- began to figure out and undercut my pricing to the point of making it not worth it for me to give up all my spare time to continue doing.

All that to say -- I've got alot of decent connections in the wireless game now -- and I busted my I6 the first day I had it. I dealt with it cracked until the lifeproof colors came out so it could go immediately into one, then I got it fixed. As of 2 months ago, I couldn't get PARTS for what the Apple Genius Bar charges to fix them. Checking now, OEM parts are still running about $100 on eBay -- and alot of those ads are bullshitting you on "OEM" stuff and are actually cheap knock offs that will have discoloration in the LCD in 3 months. Let Apple do it. Pay the $110. And keep your warranty. It's the best option right now...

I've looked into getting one of the precision hot plates that allow me to separate the glass itself from the LCD and digitizer(and thus knock the price of replacement parts down to pennies on the dollar)...but I'm not convinced enough on the quality of the replacement parts to attempt it just yet. Someone is going to though and flood the market with them as "OEM" parts and clear $80-95 per unit, which is probably already happening online...