Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about attendance

vCash

Question about attendance

I'm curious. How many posters on here actually attend basketball games? I've held season tix and gone to the games for more than 25 years - the past three included. For all the expert opinions that get thrown around, and for all the derogatory comments aimed at those who witness, in person, the turd pile on a weekly basis and dare to comment on what we experience, you would think there would be more people at the games.

vCash
    Gave mine up when the inmates started running the asylum. About 2 or 3 years before the end of Stans' era.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    I appreciate you buying tickets and going to games, but the ability to comment is not limited to that group.

I would go to plenty if I could, but I've watched just about all of them.

vCash
    Two things. One, usually about 50 people or so post on basketball threads, usually the same people w multiple postings. I think we get more than that at every game.

Two, it's 2015. Even people in Anchorage Alaska can watch every single game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Two things. One, usually about 50 people or so post on basketball threads, usually the same people w multiple postings. I think we get more than that at every game.

Two, it's 2015. Even people in Anchorage Alaska can watch every single game.
    It's not about watching. It's about going. There's a difference. Even in Anchorage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDogFather View Post
    It's not about watching. It's about going. There's a difference. Even in Anchorage.
    Even if you believe that you have to be in a seat to talk about a sporting event, theoretically, every single person who posts could be at every home game and you would never know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Even if you believe that you have to be in a seat to talk about a sporting event, theoretically, every single person who posts could be at every home game and you would never know
    You are not saying that posters exaggerate to make themselves look better are you?
    Last edited by TheDogFather; 03-06-2015 at 10:33 AM.

vCash
    Season ticket holder since 87. I have gone to one game this year. Probably won't buy tickets next year.

vCash
    Student. Been to 90%+ games since 2010
    LFC YNWA

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Student. Been to 90%+ games since 2010
    Same
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    I'm curious. How many posters on here actually attend basketball games? I've held season tix and gone to the games for more than 25 years - the past three included. For all the expert opinions that get thrown around, and for all the derogatory comments aimed at those who witness, in person, the turd pile on a weekly basis and dare to comment on what we experience, you would think there would be more people at the games.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    There are things like TV and Internet now. You can actually see quite a lot of how the game is played from TV.

vCash
    Been season ticket holder and going to games many years, but my attendance has really slowed down and have only been to two games this year and don't plan to buy tickets if things don't change.

vCash
    Due to living ~1000 miles from campus, I fly when I come to games. I had 8 season tickets for about the last 8-10 years of the Stansbury era, most were used by friends for almost all games and I would fly in for 3-4 games per year and was just as likely to be there for a big midweek game as I was on the weekend. When we made the coaching change, 2 buddies dropped out so I lowered my order to 6. This year, 2 more dropped so I'm down to 4, which is what I need for my family.

This is the first season I haven't gone to a single game since before I became a student at MSU in the late 80's. I rarely miss a game on TV and badly want them to win, but I can no longer bring myself to spend the money to fly in for games. This was also the first season that I have ever had any SEC tickets in the Hump that I was unable to sell for face value. That's part of why I have always bought them, b/c I knew that I could find a good Bulldog to use them for games I couldn't attend. Even in Ray's first 2 seasons I never had any trouble selling my unused SEC tickets and always to Bulldog fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    There are things like TV and Internet now. You can actually see quite a lot of how the game is played from TV.
    You young kids are just not as intelligent as we used to be. Re-read the question please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nsvltndog View Post
    Due to living ~1000 miles from campus, I fly when I come to games. I had 8 season tickets for about the last 8-10 years of the Stansbury era, most were used by friends for almost all games and I would fly in for 3-4 games per year and was just as likely to be there for a big midweek game as I was on the weekend. When we made the coaching change, 2 buddies dropped out so I lowered my order to 6. This year, 2 more dropped so I'm down to 4, which is what I need for my family.

This is the first season I haven't gone to a single game since before I became a student at MSU in the late 80's. I rarely miss a game on TV and badly want them to win, but I can no longer bring myself to spend the money to fly in for games. This was also the first season that I have ever had any SEC tickets in the Hump that I was unable to sell for face value. That's part of why I have always bought them, b/c I knew that I could find a good Bulldog to use them for games I couldn't attend. Even in Ray's first 2 seasons I never had any trouble selling my unused SEC tickets and always to Bulldog fans.
    I feel your pain. I don't know how it is to be that far away but I do have quite a drive.

vCash
    You young kids are just not as intelligent as we used to be. Re-read the question please.
    I think everyone understands the question just fine. What you're failing to understand is that your question and subsequent point are empty and meaningless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I think everyone understands the question just fine. What you're failing to understand is that your question and subsequent point are empty and meaningless.
    You should participate in the thread instead of trying to hijack. There have been several good responses. Those guys obviously feel differently.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    You should participate in the thread instead of trying to hijack. There have been several good responses. Those guys obviously feel differently.
    I've responded....I just don't understand why you're doing this....
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Have 4 lower level tickets for many years. If I didn't go, people begged for them. For the past three years, I have been to 4 games - none this year. Haven't had 1 person ask for them all year, except some students for the KY game. Will not buy tickets next year for the men's team - will buy for the women's to support them (and will attend when I can).