Thread: Got notice for discount on seats in new baseball stadium today.

vCash

Got notice for discount on seats in new baseball stadium today.

$900/seat 40% discount for having bought original seats.

1500/ seat otherwise

Deposit due by 7/31/15......1800/ seat after 7/31/15.

vCash
    Why would the deposit be due this year? Are we planning on having this ready for next baseball season?

vCash
    That's a pretty decent deal if that's true

vCash
    And rights are for a period of 10 consecutive years.

Then I guess you buy the rights again?

vCash
    Last edited by JohnnyQuid; 03-03-2015 at 01:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    Why would the deposit be due this year? Are we planning on having this ready for next baseball season?
    Makes sense to me. They're trying to raise half the money before they move forward, supposedly, and this will help with that. I wouldn't necessarily think it means they're getting ready to build it this year.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    I think I remember hearing that if we got $25million, then the new grandstand area would be built during the upcoming off season and be ready for 2016. Other new construction and renovation would take place after the 2016 season.

vCash
    $1500 for a chairback season ticket? Really?

ETA: Is this a one-time fee? Yearly fee? Yearly cost for each ticket?
    Last edited by bulldogcountry1; 03-03-2015 at 08:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner View Post
    I think I remember hearing that if we got $25million, then the new grandstand area would be built during the upcoming off season and be ready for 2016. Other new construction and renovation would take place after the 2016 season.
    It's not starting until after 2016.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    No. $1500 for the seat which is for 10 years. So $150 a year on avg, Plus the cost of the ticket. The 1500 can be paid in installments. After 10 years, you will have to re-up

vCash
    No. $1500 for the seat which is for 10 years. So $150 a year on avg, Plus the cost of the ticket. The 1500 can be paid in installments. After 10 years, you will have to re-up
    If that's the case, the $900 is a steal. Id expect everyone to re-up.

I'm also hearing rumors that the outfield suites are getting very high interest. That there may be a second building in Right field to keep up with demand.

vCash
    Ah. That sound much more reasonable.

vCash
    I've never really understood the point of a separate fee in addition to the season ticket price. Why not just roll it up into one price? What am I missing?

vCash
    The separate fee is a Gift to the university and thus a tax deduction. Season tickets are price of entry to an event and are not deductible.

That's true for all of the premium seating areas.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    WOW, I was about to say there's no way it could be $1500/year. $1500 for a 10 year license is much more reasonable and right in line with the going market.

Here's LSU baseball season ticket prices from 2013 (they may have gone up since then): http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle...&ATCLID=177299

Here's UM's, and they look very similar to the numbers you're talking about. Their grandstand seats don't require an additional donation, so UM's may be a little cheaper for what I expect some of our seats to sell for: http://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...ller=&appCode=

A 40% discount for original ticket-holders is a steal though. They are getting an incredible great deal.

vCash
    I guess the next question is who all is getting these notices? Only current season ticket holders? What is the significance of the date? Are current non tickets holders going to actually get the chance to reserve tickets at the $1500 level?

I have been on the waiting list for several years now and buy season tickets second hand from a lifetimer who rarely goes. I'd rather be given the opportunity to have seats in my name in the new stadium.

vCash
    You were told or got something in writing?

vCash
    I wish they would put a stipulation on if you don't make at least 50% home sec series, then you lose your rights.

vCash
    I guess the next question is who all is getting these notices? Only current season ticket holders? What is the significance of the date? Are current non tickets holders going to actually get the chance to reserve tickets at the $1500 level?

I have been on the waiting list for several years now and buy season tickets second hand from a lifetimer who rarely goes. I'd rather be given the opportunity to have seats in my name in the new stadium.
    Don't worry. You will get your chance.

vCash
    Just got this site in my email, may be of use to some of you. It appears the fundraising scheme is a full tilt effort now:

http://haildudynoble.com/