Thread: Well, it's baseball season

vCash

Well, it's baseball season

which means the females will start getting frisky soon... if we continue to have a warming spell without any significant rainfall to muddy things up. Any of you guys like to sight fish bass? I do some, but if I can see them, I usually start working my way back out and try to find where they are staging. That's where you'll hopefully find some big haints just waiting their turn. But if I see a nice one, I may work it a few minutes to check the mood, and if it doesn't want to attack right away, I'll move on... I don't have the time or patience to sit on one for hours on end. I'd rather catch 4 3-5 lbers than one 7+ you have to work all day.

and then there's slab crappie to consider...... I love it when they get on a shallow hard / gravel bank... jig about 14" under a slip cork is deadly

Now all I have to do is find time to go between honey-do's dammit!
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Starting to get the itch. Here in SE GA, the weather is starting to turn (I have azaleas blooming), and the winter wind is dying. After the cold snap this weekend, I think I have another week or two before my Dad and I can get out on the water to start looking for trout in the creeks and sounds. Hoping late March/early April to hit some rainbows in NGA around Ellijay.

vCash
    My fishing itch is reaching unprecedented levels. I'll probably hold of until march for the salt but I'll start jigging for slabs in neighborhoods lake in the meantime. The bay boat has gotten 3 upgrades that are currently being installed for the spring: a t-top, power pole, and a motor guide xi5. This new technology will cut down on my work (the big anchor) tremendously. My reels are currently at the reel doctor getting professionally maintenanced. Me and pops already have one weekend trip lined up for April and I'm counting down.

vCash
    Never been a sight fisherman. No patience plus Ross Barnett is not the prototypical sight fishing lake due to the mud. I kinda like the anticipation factor of not knowing what I'm swimming that lizard by anyway. Or Ribbitt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    My fishing itch is reaching unprecedented levels. I'll probably hold of until march for the salt but I'll start jigging for slabs in neighborhoods lake in the meantime. The bay boat has gotten 3 upgrades that are currently being installed for the spring: a t-top, power pole, and a motor guide xi5. This new technology will cut down on my work (the big anchor) tremendously. My reels are currently at the reel doctor getting professionally maintenanced. Me and pops already have one weekend trip lined up for April and I'm counting down.
    Is your T-top fixed or fold down exp Fish master or Striker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    My upgrade to my 22 ft Hydra sports will be a "CHIRP" sonar down vision plus side vision this spring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Is your T-top fixed or fold down exp Fish master or Striker
    Went with Striker. Downside is that its on back-order. Now they are saying by end of march

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    My upgrade to my 22 ft Hydra sports will be a "CHIRP" sonar down vision plus side vision this spring.
    Sonar is so cool. I love watching the product videos on youtube. I know you'll enjoy that