Thread: Weekend Cooking and Drinking + Outdoor plans Thread

vCash

Weekend Cooking and Drinking + Outdoor plans Thread

What's everyone have going on?

vCash
    Decided to make some family favorites this weekend. Tonight is crockpot bourbon chicken over fried rice; Saturday is blackened shrimp and scallops with tortellini Alfredo; Sunday Im smoking a butt. Going to celebrate my fine culinary skills with Bulleit and a hand rolled Cuban seed cigar.

vCash
    Bruswick is killing it...hand rolled cigar. Nice.

Tomorrow is the last day for small game in AL, so I am going to try and bag a rabbit and a few squirrels in the AM. Cooking wise, likely a selection of grilled pork products just to spite the cold weather. I saw Publix had the rib end slices I love out this week, so I may try to get some of those going. If the girls are feeling spry, we may get into some fried gulf shrimp at some point.

Drinking wise, tonight I am sampling three Ballast Point beers - Sculpin, Pale Ale, and Session IPA; along with some Four Roses Single Barrel and Small Batch bourbons.

vCash
    I just worked my butt off and didn't even eat dinner! What a crazy day!

vCash
    Here is my quick review on the Ballast Point:

Sculpin - one of the best IPAs I have ever had. Great mouthfeel, and not too much hops for the folks that dont like that.
    IPA - great beer. Just like above but with more hops.
    Even Keel - Football season beer. Light, hoppy, could drink lots of these on a hot day in the Gridiron Club.

vCash
    Today is potato, cheese and venison soup. Used this recipe, http://loriesmississippikitchen.com/...ison-soup.html, but altered a bit with bacon fat and some different cheese. Deer was my fianc?'s first and first time deer hunting. Deer was harvested in Bigbee Valley in Noxubee County.

vCash
    Cooked a blackberry cobbler for a birthday party today. Very simple recipe but really good. Before and after pics

vCash
    My team at work worked their tail off this weekend so I hit my freezer up for redfish and trout and fried it up for everyone

vCash
    Very nice

vCash
    dinner was ribs, brocoli, and taters. Used Corky's dry seasoning to finish them off. Outstanding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    Bruswick is killing it...hand rolled cigar. Nice.
    Well, the food has gone well - but I've had to hold on the cigar. It has been raining for 2 days here, and the W Girl doesn't let me light my stogies in the house. Hoping the weather breaks tomorrow when I have my butt smoking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Cooked a blackberry cobbler for a birthday party today. Very simple recipe but really good. Before and after pics

Beast, have you ever used the wild dewberry s and made a cobbler out of those. That was a spring and summer ritual on daddy's farm picking those things.

vCash
    Sculpin IPA, Bells Two Hearted, and some Cupcake Pinot Noir.

Pulled pork, breaded chicken tenders, Brunswick stew, corn, slaw, and homemade carrot cake.

vCash
    Pulled pork. Got the smoker too close to the back door and made some of my house smell like BBQ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Beast, have you ever used the wild dewberry s and made a cobbler out of those. That was a spring and summer ritual on daddy's farm picking those things.
    You can use whatever fruit you want with the recipe I use. Only difference would be what fruit you use coukd change consistency. Blackberrys would be more cakey vs peaches would be more juicy